Des Plaines, IL 60016 Map · Phone number

About C.Rinella Designs

Born in Chicago, Carmela Rinella has redefined the classic and chic look of today's women. Her look is very romantic; " I want to bring femininity and elegance back in our daily life." Her clothing line includes: Ready to Wear, Evening Wear, Haute-Couture and Bridal. Her clothing expresses her creativity, trying to incorporate new ideas that develop from inspirations. "I believe that everything that surrounds you is a source of inspiration." They evolve from making fabric patterns from a cooling rack to a work of art.

Carmela was born in Chicago 1982. She lived in Italy with her family from 1985 to 1995 and in 1996 she returned to Chicago. Since she was a little girl, her dream was to become a fashion designer. Through out high school Carmela has won many art competitions. She graduated from the International Academy of Design and Technology in 2004 with a degree in Fashion Design. Her strong art background influences her creativity expressed in her garments. Carmela's first fashion show collection was debuted in July 2004, proving to have been a great success. She also participated in a televised benefit fashion show, in November 2004, sponsored by StarBorn Productions. In 2006, Carmela won the Best Up and Coming Chicago Designer Award.

Beside her women's wear collection, Carmela is also specialized in men's wear and accessory design. Since 2001, she established an accessory design label were the designer exhibits her designs in various shows. She has gained popularity in custom made Bridal wear throughout Chicagoland area since 2008.

Carmela hopes to become an inspiration to many upcoming designers. When asked to give a form of advice to them, she responded with "Follow your dreams. When you wake up every morning and the only thing that comes up in your mind is to design, then you're supposed to be a designer, no matter what other people think; and if the road ahead gets bumpy and you fall down, just get right back up; because if you truly believe in your dreams, then you will succeed."

photoshoot1
photoshoot1
img52307656682637

1 Reviews for C.Rinella Designs

Emanuela · Married on 06/12/2010

I went to C.Rinella Designs for my bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, and flower girl dress. I worked directly with Carmela, who helped me out immensely! I really don't have too much creativity when it comes to designing dresses. So, when I just described what my basic idea was, she knew exactly how to go about it, and drew out a concept design for the bridesmaid and flower girl dresses. When it came to my own dress, I had no clue at all at what looked good on me and what didn't. To help me see different styles, Carmela personally came with me to try on different styles at a bridal shop, and helped pick out certain styles that looked good on me. I then fell in love with a particular style, and she drew out a concept design with several different modifications. Her additions to the style were very beautiful. Carmela has an eye for detail! Another thing, that I absolutely LOVED about my experience with her is that I was involved with the step-by-step process of making my wedding gown! This was a once in a lifetime experience for me! I will never forget seeing my dress being assembled right before my eyes. Every visitation, I got to see her progress, and how much work it really took to making a perfect wedding dress! Carmela is truly an amazing sweet person! She made this experience for me unforgettable! During my wedding reception, I had compliments coming from the band that my husband and I hired! They kept saying that I looked like a princess. Everyone from my guests, to the vendors that I hired noticed how beautiful that dress looked on me! In my opinion, this dress was especially made for me, and Carmela made sure it was unique to me! It wasn't any cookie cutter dress from a bridal shop, this dress had my name written all over it! Some might think that having a custom bridal gown can be expensive, but honestly the costs was 100% worth it! That dress felt like a second skin!

Sent on 09/07/2010