sylvia tailor shop

Arlington Heights, IL View map

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groom
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Abigail R. Married on 10/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing from start to finish!

After searching and reading endless reviews for a tailor shop for my wedding dress alterations, I finally decided on Sylvia Tailor Shop and I'm SO glad I did! Everyone I worked with was very friendly & knowledgeable.

First fitting started right on time. My dress was quite large and needed a lot of work to get it fitted properly. Prices were in line with my expectations & well worth knowing it was in good hands and the work was done well.

When I came back for the 2nd fitting the dress was flawless. Everything fit snug without being overly tight.

Normally after the 2nd fitting they would then steam & prepare the dress for pickup before the wedding. I live about an hour away from the shop so I really didn't want to make the trip again. I was willing to go elsewhere to have it steamed before the wedding but true to their excellent service, they offered to steam the dress & veil right then so I wouldn't have to come back a 3rd time. The shop was super busy with many other brides coming in & out so I really appreciated them taking the time to do that for me.

Overall I can't say enough good things about this place. I'm so glad I trusted them my dress!
  • Tanya
    Tanya Married on 06/29/2019

Love This Shop

Sylvia Tailor Shop is a smaller shop but that's what makes it more personable. They are very welcoming and actually care about you and your garments. They were very accommodating in helping me get my dress on and to show my girls the correct way of closing up the dress and even see tips and tricks. When it comes to your appointments they are flexible and on top of reminding you by phone calls and texts. Their work was flawless and when I went in for my last fitting I brought my flower girl and it happened to be my birthday and they gave us both a small gift! So Sweet!!! Love this shop!
    Heather Married on 06/09/2018

Sylvia was great!

The ladies here were super nice and very knowledgeable. The dress turned out perfectly! They also seamed my mother's veil. They were also great at teaching my bridesmaids how to do my bustle. The value and turnaround time were both great.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

1115 S. ARLINGTON HEIGHTS RD Arlington Heights, IL, 60005
Location of (sylvia tailor shop)

Other vendors in Chicago Suburbs for your wedding