Blue Sapphire Events

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Package Price

Blue Sapphire Events is a full-service event and wedding planning company based out of Arlington, Virginia. Blue Sapphire Events specializes in custom curated events to match each couples unique love story. We love incorporating personal details and fun experiences to make every wedding one-of-a-kind, memorable, and personal. We love beautiful design but our goal above all else is orchestrating the moments our couples will remember for the rest of their lives.

Experience
Kolena Thomas, the Owner & Lead Wedding Planner at Blue Sapphire Events has over a decade of experience planning events. She has executed a wide range of events in varying design aesthetics, logistical complexity, and price points. She has experience designing and building events from the ground level. Kolena specializes in logistics and the event experience; her goal is to always create events that are seamless and leave a lasting impression.

Blue Sapphire Events offers full wedding planning services and day of management services. We also love creating other special events including: birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, and all other social affairs.

We love what we do and we'd love to hear how we can make your special day everything you've always dreamed of!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,250

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$4,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$6,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Amanda G. Married on 05/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Went off without a hitch!

We hired Kolena as our day-of coordinator, though in reality she was a resource for us in the year leading up to our wedding. She provided access to us with a very detailed checklist, making sure we had planned every aspect of things over the months of planning, and provided multiple recommendations for great vendors. She gave us great advice and was always responsive and professional. She did a great job of coordinating with our other vendors, especially all the complexities around catering and table setup. Other vendors remarked to us how organized and helpful she was. She ran a tight ship the day of the rehearsal and the wedding itself, keeping everyone exactly on schedule according to the timeline we had set with her. Handing everything over to her and her assistant for the day-of took a huge weight off our shoulders and allowed us to enjoy the day without feeling like we had to manage anything or fix things if they were to go wrong (nothing did!). We are so glad we picked Kolena as our coordinator - highly recommend!
    Jacqueline Married on 12/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding decision I made!

I was fortunate enough to work with Kolena as a bridesmaid in another wedding and later as a bride. When we decided to reschedule our wedding reception from November 2020 to December 2021, we hired Blue Sapphire Events to coordinate our reception day. People could not believe how calm I was leading up to our reception, but that is all due to the fact that I knew Kolena had everything handled. The only thing I needed to do was enjoy our big day. Kolena coordinated with all of our vendors, created our day-of timeline well in advance, and took care of the small details on our big day. Kolena is everything a bride could possibly want: a friend to bounce ideas off of, a meticulous planner, and an advocate for the bride and groom. I truly don't know how she does it all. If you are looking for a patient, detail-oriented, and supportive wedding planner, Kolena and Blue Sapphire Events is the only option.
  • Casey
    Casey H. Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Responsive, supportive, and amazing month of coordinator!

Kolena was an absolute pleasure to work with - she went above and beyond in her role as the month-of-coordinator for us. She had great advice, and even before the 'month-of' she was accessible and happy to answer any questions or do proactive outreach to other vendors. She did the walk-through with us, and was able to help paint a picture of what decor would look good with our space (she was a huge help to me here). Kolena uses a planning platform where I did a lot of my organization, like a seating chart and RSVP tracking, which was a game changer for me. On the day, Kolena was critical to the success of the day. We had a lot of DIY decorations and setup, and she handled it all. I told her the general vision, and she took care of it and actually had better ideas for where things should be than I even envisioned. When it came time to pack up for the night, she had already done all of the hard work, which was a huge relief for me and my family! I will HIGHLY recommend Kolena to my friends!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

2939 S Columbus Street Arlington, VA, 22206
Location of (Blue Sapphire Events)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding