Blue Sapphire Events Reviews

13 | Arlington, VA

13 Reviews for Blue Sapphire Events

• Jennifer

Jennifer Lee · Married on 10/31/2020

Yes to Blue Sapphire Events!

Kolena Thomas and Blue Sapphire Events were incredible. Kolena was so organized and on the ball. She took care of so many logistics, such as coordinating with all the vendors, so we could focus on the joy of our wedding.

Kolena went above and beyond to make our wedding happen. She was flexible as we had to make big changes during the pandemic. She was also creative in helping us maintain the spirit of the wedding we want, even as it had to be downsized.

Her expertise, organization, and kindness helped make our wedding a day we'll always remember. We highly recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2020

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so fun working with you both! It was my pleasure helping you have the best day ever and navigate covid. Congratulations!
  • Morgan

Morgan Hite · Married on 09/26/2020

Hire Her Immediately

We hired Kolena for day-of coordination and I will forever be grateful that we did. She was so incredibly easy to work with and was incredible at her job. Everyone, including the hotel and other vendors, was incredibly impressed with her timeline and management of all of the details for the day.

I will forever be grateful to have the peace of mind during my wedding day that someone had all of the details and setup managed - my mom and bridesmaids were all shocked at how calm I was during the day, and I think that is due, in large part, to Kolena and her calming presence. While I know a friend could have helped coordinate a part of things in a pinch, I am so glad that we hired a professional to manage the day-of.

She helped manage timeline, setup, tear down, and everything in between. Would highly recommend, she’s incredible!!!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Morgan and Paul! Your wedding was beautiful and perfect and I am so happy I was able to play a role in your special day!

Audrey · Married on 10/05/2019

Kolena was perfect!

Kolena was the perfect wedding coordinator. From the very first conversation I had with her, I felt like she treated me more like a friend than a client. In our initial meeting with us, she walked through every aspect of our wedding to get an understanding of our vision. Because I wanted to do DIY centerpieces, Kolena suggested ways I could achieve the look I was going for, and even offered to let us borrow the set of vases that she had handy.

Throughout the time leading up to our wedding, she was very responsive, organized, and paid attention to all the details regarding what we wanted. Because of her expansive wedding knowledge, she would often ask questions about things that we had not even considered. She even helped review the event order from our venue and raised issues that the venue had missed. Kolena also created an extremely detailed day-of timeline, which she communicated effectively to all of our vendors.

On the day of the wedding, she literally handled everything. She helped set up the DIY centerpieces, coordinated the arrivals of all of our vendors, and was able to keep everyone right on schedule for the entire night, which I thought was a miracle (most weddings I’ve attended tend to run late). I think this also speaks to Kolena’s extremely keen knowledge of weddings and her ability to schedule things accurately.

At the end of the night, Kolena gathered everything we wanted to save from our wedding (like the guest book, gifts, marriage license (!), etc.) and made sure it was safely in our suite. We were able to enjoy our wedding stress-free because Kolena made sure that she had everything under control. In fact, Kolena did not bother us with any wedding-related issues the entire night.

Overall, Kolena was professional, flexible, and very easy to work with. I felt like she really cared about us and approached our wedding that way. I cannot recommend Blue Sapphire Events enough. We feel very lucky to have found Kolena to be our wedding coordinator and cannot thank her enough for her tireless work, attention to detail, and calm demeanor that made our wedding go so smoothly. We could not have achieved the wedding we wanted without her. Thank you Kolena for everything!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Audrey, this review literally brought me to tears! I am so thankful to have met you and John. You were so fun to work with and I loved getting to know you both individually and as a couple. I am so honored that you all put your faith in me to help you have the wedding you had always dreamed. It truly was a perfect night for the most perfect couple! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and success!
  • Julia

Julia Deupree · Married on 09/29/2019

Thanks a million!

Kolena was so easy to work with! We would have been completely lost on the content of our ceremony but she sat down with us and gave us a workbook to pick and choose from in order to create a ceremony that represented us. We also changed our wedding plans half way through the planning process and she was completely flexible and adaptable to the switches. We were also very grateful for the little goodie bags of items that she put together for our guests so that they would be comfortable in the heat. Thank you Kolena for making our wedding day a breeze.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Julia, thank you so much for the review! You were a beautiful bride. I wish you and Nick a lifetime of happiness!
  • Josh

Josh Levin · Married on 09/14/2019

Professional and Organized

Kolena was incredibly organized and helpful. She will do a great job executing your vision for your big day.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you, Josh! It was my pleasure to help you all on your big day! It was such a fun wedding and I loved all the unique touches you and Jo incorporated!

Gabrielle Vaughan · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Planner Ever!

Kolena Thomas was perfect, professional and was able to find all luxury items for my wedding at the last minute. She was very flexible and honestly made my day very smooth. She also created all of the place cards for my seated dinner and surprised me with them as a wedding gift. The best planner ever!!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Gabrielle! Thank you so much for this review! I had so much fun working with you and creating the vision you had in mind for your big day! It was truly a beautiful wedding! I am so happy for you and George!

Lynda Kelsey · Married on 08/17/2019

Stress Free Wedding!

Kolena handled our wedding with such professionalism that it truly took away all of my planning stress! I was completely satisfied with everything that she handled for us from start to finish. I absolutely recommend her for your once in a lifetime event!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you, Lynda! It was such an honor to work with you all. It was such a beautiful wedding and I enjoyed working with you all so much!

Adam M · Married on 04/06/2019

Executed our vision to perfection

I can give Kolena my highest recommendation. Originally we started with a different wedding planner who we found unresponsive and uninterested in the planning stages of our wedding. Fortunately we found Kolena through a referral from a friend.

From the moment we engaged her she responded to all comments and questions promptly and professionally. Her vast wedding knowledge was essential during planning. She often raised issues and concerns that we had not even considered. Kolena handled our sometimes difficult vendors with ease. The day of the wedding came and went with absolutely zero issues, a miracle. During the ceremony and the reception she held all vendors to a strict timeline and ensured that my wife and I did not have to do anything other than enjoy the wedding. Weddings can be stressful, but Kolena exudes a naturally calming presence that results in a no stress event.

The wedding was located on a small island in the Bahamas with no cars. Kolena facilitated the movement of 59 guests and vendors via golf carts from the ceremony on a beach to the reception at a resort over two miles away.

After the wedding I had three separate couples ask me for her information. We cannot recommend Blue Sapphire Events enough. We are forever grateful for the tireless work done to ensure our day proceeded as planned.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you Adam! It was an amazing wedding in such a beautiful place. I enjoyed working with you both and bringing your vision to life.

Emily Pruett · Married on 04/06/2019

What a gem!

I’m pretty sure our destination wedding wouldn’t have happened without the help of Kolena. She communicated with our caterer, dj, florist, photographer, and officiant to make our special day run smoothly. She could not have been more professional and was such a calming presence. It was so nice not stressing about all the little details so we could just enjoy our day. She really knows what she’s doing and has had a lot of experience with event planning and it shows. So happy we decided to work with her.

Sent on 04/14/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thanks Emily! You were a stunning bride. The whole wedding was so beautiful. I am so thankful to have been a part of it!

Leah Davenport · Married on 11/10/2018

Thankful for Kolena

Kolena worked with me to create an incredibly successful event from start to finish. She always was a team player and puts her client first. I'm lucky to have had her poise + calm on a very stressful day and she was an incredible teammate. If you are looking to hire a bright, motivated, and genuine wedding planner, Kolena is your gal!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you, Leah! It was so much fun working with you. You had so many great ideas and your event was stunning!
  • Tara

Tara Rife · Married on 10/03/2018

Professional, Creative, Organized Partner

Kolena was a pleasure to work with and helped bring the vision to life. She seamlessly executed a reception and seated dinner for 400. From planning to day of coordination, she was professional and a true partner. She is service-oriented and operates with grace under pressure. Most importantly, she is friendly, outgoing and has amazing relationships with her vendors. Choose Kolena to help make your special day unique, memorable, and stress free!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you, Tara! It was a pleasure working with you. This was an incredible event and I had so much fun making it a great success.

Stacey · Married on 09/02/2018

Exceptional Experience - Highly Recommend

Kolena provided exceptional service for my wedding on 9/2/18. From the venue selection all the way through coordination of the day-of activities, Kolena was professional and extremely knowledgeable regarding all aspects of the wedding planning. She arrived for our venue selection appointments fully researched and prepared with a huge binder full of information that she has carefully gathered about each venue and had lists of questions to ask at each one pertaining to flow of events and uncovering possible hidden costs that I would not have thought of! Before entering each venue she summarized for us the major points, pros and cons, and kept us right on track at each of our appointments. The entire process can be so overwhelming, especially when, like me, you have no experience planning any events whatsoever. However, I felt very taken care of and at ease working with Kolena because she has so much experience in the industry and isn’t afraid to ask questions and advocate for her clients. She let me focus on the fun, creative aspects of the wedding planning process while managing all of the necessary budgeting and timelines in the background. She was very knowledgeable and helpful when it came down to decision making and prioritizing to help me stay within my budget. I was blown away when presented with a detailed weekend schedule down to the MINUTE coordinating all necessary events of my wedding day, making sure everything stayed on track. She knew how to make sure everyone was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there so I could focus on having FUN on my wedding day. It is so nice to have a professional to handle vendors the day of your wedding and KNOW that if anything goes wrong it will be handled without having to involve friends and family. Again, I highly recommend Kolena as a wedding planner. Her professionalism, passion, knowledge, creativity and attention to detail is truly unmatched.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Stacey! You and Michael, were such a dream to work with and I am so happy I was able to be there on your special day!

Robin Newell · Married on 10/18/2014

Exceptional and Memorable Event

Hands down I would recommend Kolena for any and all party planning, big or small. I am extremely detailed with high expectations. Kolena exceeded expectations and created a memorable party that friends of mine are still talking about.

Kolena brings a wealth of experience, is extremely creative, easy to work with responsible, professional and a master at putting all of the moving parts together to create a sensational event. We worked together for over a year and I can tell you that every detail was seamless. Kolena also worked within budget and was extremely professional throughout.

Sent on 02/14/2019

Blue Sapphire Events's reply:

Thank you, Robin! This was such a unique and beautiful event from start to finish. Your ideas really brought together the theme and transported your guests into a "Chinese Lantern Festival" wonderland!