Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Birchtree Catering

Locally Minded, Seasonally Inspired

Birchtree Catering focuses on local, seasonal ingredients and custom menus cooked fresh for weddings and events. We source from farms and markets that provide the best ingredients in our region, giving us the creative freedom to work with what’s seasonally available, and absolutely delicious.

Our team was honored to win 2015’s “Best of Philly” for Party Food and reach the number 2 spot on Yelp’s Best of Philadelphia in the same week!

Birchtree began slowly in 2008, as owners Rasa Stirbys Benefico and Allegra Derengowski built their brand by using rentals kitchens, hosting tastings in their homes, and growing relationships with vendors and farmers.

Today, Birchtree has a beautiful commercial kitchen located inside Globe Dye Works, an old dye factory in Frankford, Philadelphia that now houses small businesses and artist spaces. We remain a small business with a dedicated staff, limited events per weekend, and a strong commitment to every client.

Birchtree caters weddings, social events, meetings, small parties, and drop-off meals. We customize each menu and quote, so contact us today for your consultation!

Categories: Wedding Caterer

Southern (2)
Italian (1)
Mediterranean (1)
Lactose Free (1)

Birchtree is so much more than just a caterer. We married at Awbury Arboretum two weeks ago (May 2018). Nicole and Rasa from Birchtree talked with us multiple times in the months leading up to the wedding, creating a customized menu based on our likes and wants. Nicole helped us plan the entire way, providing insight and suggestions based on our style and wedding vision. Day of, we were so incredibly impressed with the Birchtree team on-site. Everything was flawless - from the food (which received many many rave reviews and was delicious), to set-up, timeline, and everything in between, including calming this anxious bride! Juliette and Agi, our on-site team from Birchtree, were amazing. They set-up everything as we wanted, from notes and pictures I only sent to Nicole a few days before - removing any stress I was feeling about getting everything done perfectly! Andres and his front-of-house staff were so welcoming and warm with our guests. The Birchtree team understood our wedding dreams from the start, and made them into reality. It was exactly the wedding that my now husband and I had dreamed of.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American, Southern, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

When I found Birchtree, I was so excited to have found a women-owned, sustainable business that focused on local, seasonal food, but I was worried that it was too good to be true. My fears were dispelled completely at our tasting, where we were just wowed. Rasa was so thoughtful and responsive in helping us put together our menu. I should note that our friends and family know us as big food people, and are themselves adventurous eaters with refined palates, so I felt a lot of pressure to have excellent food at our wedding. Looking back, I would absolutely choose Birchtree again - no question. The food was memorable and so delicious.

Separate from the food, however, I'm not sure that without Nicole from Birchtree we would have had a wedding. We were totally clueless about planning a wedding, and Nicole was just straight up our rock. She anticipated every detail and posed every question conceivable. It was so incredibly comforting, especially in the last, most stressful months/ weeks of preparation, to know that Nicole wouldn't let anything fall through the cracks. In fact, when I seemed relaxed to those around me leading up to the wedding, I told them that I simply wasn't worried; I knew things were going to be fine, beautiful, and better than I could have planned/envisioned because Nicole had it under control. When we chose Birchtree, we had no idea how impactful and instrumental the coordination they provide would be. I am wary of hyperbole in writing this review because I don't want to come across as disingenuous, but I cannot imagine a better alternative to Birchtree. Finding a caterer is overwhelming, and I feel so lucky that we found Birchtree. We're honestly a little sad that we won't get to work with them anymore now that our wedding is over!

Profile Picture sophie, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

My husband and I are foodies - we’re big on creative dishes and top-notch service, and we spend most of our disposable income eating at some of the city’s best restaurants. So, our natural reaction when we searched for wedding caterers was to get quotes from the celebrity chefs (Garces, Starr, etc.) first. Then, after we had been sufficiently sticker-shocked and underwhelmed by the proposals we received, our wedding venue, Philadelphia Distilling, referred us to Birchtree.

From the first call we had with them, we were sold. They really "got us" and understood what we wanted. They were also very transparent about what we could expect and what the pricing was - no surprises, no games, just true professionals.

Over the next few months we custom designed our menu with Chef Rasa (this is how they do it). She was a master at listening to our crazy food requests and converting them into a menu that a group of 70 picky eaters and foodies could all enjoy.

On the day of our wedding, everything went down in unimaginable perfection. They didn't skip a beat. Our guests were Instagramming the appetizers, and when they finished eating them, nobody had to wait longer than a minute to dispose of any toothpicks and napkins they were holding. To put it simply, the food and service exceeded even our own high expectations. The food became a focal point of the wedding – which is what we wanted – and our guests are still commenting on it today.

Birchtree was a fantastic partner for us. I say partner because we really felt like they were there to help us figure it out and make things easier, which is what you really need when you're planning a wedding.

I can't recommend Birchtree enough. They are the kind of caterer that can flex to accommodate any vision you have (ours just happened to include pork belly jelly donuts, but that's just our style).

Profile Picture Kane, 11/11/17, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1442980129674 boselliabbspeachplumpearphotocolleenandwillbypeach
220x220 sq 1442980135965 boselliabbspeachplumpearphotocolleenandwillbypeach
220x220 sq 1442980143289 voychicksteinambervickeryphotographykj1310low

5 ENDORSEMENTS
Birchtree Catering always does a superb job catering and managing events. Their food is delicious, their servers professional, and they are always efficient and a pleasure to work with. We can rest assured that any event they are working in our space will go smoothly and that the clients will have a wonderful time!

LOVE the synergy among the owners! All of them are friendly and easy to work with. Absolutely LOVE their food creation! (My personal favorite is the tofu with the peanut sauce). Looking forward to more collaborations in the future! Highly recommended! ^_^

Birchtree did a beautiful job with their launch party. Great food and great people! I look forward to working together in the future :)

We are looking forward to working with you in the near future. Continued Success!

We look forward to hopefully working with!

126 PROS I KNOW