Beneath The Gown

1120 Main st, Branford, CT 06405 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Beneath The Gown

We're a lingerie boutique specializing in bridal foundation as well as shapewear and everyday bras. We carry sizes 28-56 AA-M cup and everything in between. We can customize any of our lingerie pieces, all customizing is done in house. We have the perfect foundation solution for all our brides. We also offer bridal alterations with Josie who not only is owner of Beneath The Gown but also has over 25 years of experience working with gowns of different silhouettes and designers. We are located on the Connecticut shoreline and just a few minutes from the highway.

Follow Beneath The Gown on

Panche bridal corset with matching bottoms are a perfect for a bride with a full bust who wants the...
Custom created bridal lingerie set made from silk and chantilly lace
Custom robe with French pleated tulle.

Jewelry by Criscara
Custom robe with French pleated tulle. Jewelry by Criscara
Strapless ivory bra available up to an H cup.
Strapless ivory bra available up to an H cup.
Gorgeous ivory corset set goes great with this strapless bridal gown.

Image by Raw Photo Design
Gorgeous ivory corset set goes great with this strapless bridal gown. Image by Raw Photo Design
Luxurious silk chiffon with chantilly lace floor length nightgown custom made by Beneath The Gown....
Custom lingerie 2 pieces set made exclusively by Beneath The Gown.
Custom lingerie 2 pieces set made exclusively by Beneath The Gown.
Custom corset made of French lace.
Custom corset made of French lace.

11 Reviews for Beneath The Gown

Beneath The Gown 1
Beneath The Gown 2
Beneath The Gown 3
  • Melinda

Melinda · Married on 08/20/2018

I’m so glad I found BTG and Josie!

I initially visited Beneath the Gown to find the perfect undergarments for my dress. I struggled to find undergarments in regular department stores that not only did not show through my low back dress but also addressed all my problem areas. Josie came to my rescue and was able to create custom undergarments for me that addressed all my issues! During my appointment, she made me feel comfortable and was so sweet that I ultimately decided to also get my dress alterations completed there. My dress had a very intricate lace pattern and you couldn’t even tell where the dress had been altered. Josie is clearly a perfectionist and takes pride in her work.

Ruoxi · Married on 07/28/2018

I feel lucky that I chose Beneath the gown for my wedding gown alteration! Josie was so professional and experienced! It was a great pleasure working with her. My gown fit so perfectly after the alteration, which suddenly made me feel very comfortable and confident to wear it on my wedding day. My gown was a ball gown with a big train, which I had envisaged could be problematic on lawn. But after the alteration, the hem was just perfect that it was actually very easy walking on a lawn. Josie also taught my bridesmaids how to button up the gown on the back and how to do the bustle. She also trained me walking up and down stairs and sitting on a chair. These made us so well-prepared for the day. I am very appreciative that Josie have helped us to make our wedding day going so smoothly! I will definitely recommend this vendor to my friends.

Dani · Married on 07/16/2017

I went to Beneath the Gown for both undergarments and alterations. Heidi was great in helping me pick out a bra that went with my low-back dress - I tried on both low back bras and sticky cups and she took the time to work with me to figure out what looked best and what I was most comfortable in. Josie is amazing at alterations! I was very stressed about finding the perfect place to get my dress altered - how many times in your life do you have a garment as important as your wedding dress?! - and from the first consultation I was so much more at ease knowing that Josie had it under control. She explained every bit of what she would be doing between each fitting, showed my sister/MOH how to do the bustle correctly, and made sure every single detailed piece of lace ended up back in the right spot. Not to mention that both Josie and Heidi are so incredibly friendly that my sister and I both felt like we were going to hang out with family members every time we were there. My wedding dress looked amazing on my wedding day - and the undergarments were comfortable all day long, which is not always the case with shapewear! - and I could not have been happier with the process.

Award

Beneath The Gown FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Garters, Undergarments
  • What is your return policy? Exchanges, Final Sales, Full Refund, Partial Sale

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Beneath The Gown 1
    10% Off any Bridal Lingerie Piece
    Receive 10% off any one regular priced Bridal Lingerie piece valued up to $250. Discount is limited to one per Customer per day. You may print or show your coupon on mobile.

• Ariana Strings
    Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

Had a brilliant experience as a bridesmaid at Beneath the Gown and I highly recommend them! They're experts, are tremendously accommodating, and have a wonderful selection to boot.

• April Rose Designs
    April Rose Designs Wedding Dresses

We love working with Beneath the Gown! They have helped many of our Brides and Mothers to find the perfect undergarment. Our customers are thrilled with their service!

• 1120 Main st Branford, CT 06405 See on map