9 Reviews for Beneath The Gown

Mother of Bride (1)
Mother of Groom (1)
Bridesmaids (1)
9 Beneath The Gown Reviews

I went to Beneath the Gown for both undergarments and alterations. Heidi was great in helping me pick out a bra that went with my low-back dress - I tried on both low back bras and sticky cups and she took the time to work with me to figure out what looked best and what I was most comfortable in. Josie is amazing at alterations! I was very stressed about finding the perfect place to get my dress altered - how many times in your life do you have a garment as important as your wedding dress?! - and from the first consultation I was so much more at ease knowing that Josie had it under control. She explained every bit of what she would be doing between each fitting, showed my sister/MOH how to do the bustle correctly, and made sure every single detailed piece of lace ended up back in the right spot. Not to mention that both Josie and Heidi are so incredibly friendly that my sister and I both felt like we were going to hang out with family members every time we were there. My wedding dress looked amazing on my wedding day - and the undergarments were comfortable all day long, which is not always the case with shapewear! - and I could not have been happier with the process.

Profile Picture Dani, 7/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Undergarments, Alterations, Bride

The ladies at Beneath the Gown made me feel so comfortable, and knew exactly what would make me look and feel my best on my wedding day. It was an all around fantastic experience, and I would highly recommend them to any CT bride looking for some special undergarments for her big day.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The ladies at Beneath the Gown are top-notch professionals who know their stuff! They helped size me and picked out the perfect corset for my bridesmaid dress AND were willing to tailor it as needed (in the end, we didn't need the additional tailoring, because it was so perfect!) I will definitely go back and buy more bras from there in the future.

Profile Picture Ariana, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Josie and Heidi are fantastic! They worked with both my mom and I to ensure our wedding day looks were perfect and that we were comfortable! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Adrianna, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Excellent service. I actually ended up buying everyday undergarments due to the precise fitting I got. Wonderful women work in that office!

Profile Picture Janyra, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Josie was truly my life-saver! I lost about 20 lbs between trying on my gown and getting to the fitting phase. The result: it was much too large. I actually wasn't even sure if I LIKED my dress anymore. My tailor told me to make sure I got proper undergarments before coming to him, and recommended Josie. Not only did she not bat an eye at my latex allergy (in other words, NO ELASTIC), she found the perfect longline bra for me, sewed in cups, altered it, AND suggested I make a change to the neckline of my dress that made me fall in love with it again! She is sweet, kind, responsive, and quite funny. I highly recommend you visit her for bridal (or any) undergarments.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Undergarments, Alterations, Customization

She made a custom piece for me to go under my backless dress. Someone even asked me the next day how I was able to pull off wearing that dress with the undergarment or lack there of you couldn't even tell it was that well done.

Profile Picture User4846677, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Where do I begin. Josie and Heidi are both two amazing ladies. Not only did Josie fit me for the perfect undergarments for my wedding gowns, she also made custom pieces for my wedding day. Josie made a beautiful silk robe that Incorporated fabric from my wedding gown as well as my mothers wedding gown and fabric that my great grandmother hand tatted. She finished the robe by stitching my married name in light blue thread (something blue!) On top of the beautiful robe she also customized the corset that I wore underneath my wedding gown. Because of this customization not only was it perfect for my low back gown but it also was made with the same fabric of my dress. It is so special to have custom pieces that I'm able to wear beyond my wedding day. As if those pieces weren't special enough she also made a custom chemise for my honeymoon. On top of their ability to do custom lingerie they have a wide selection in store. Not only did I find things for my wedding day, and honeymoon, but every day wear as well. Whether you were looking for custom lingerie or just an amazing fitting undergarment I highly recommend Josie and Heidi.

Profile Picture Anneke, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Undergarments, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Alterations, Customization

Low back gown crisis averted- they altered a corset perfectly for me fairly last minute. The staff is super-friendly and stayed few minutes late on a Thursday evening when I rushed after my second dress fitting. I would definitely recommend a trip if you need something non-standard to wear under your wedding dress.

Profile Picture User4457030, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews