Bend of Ivy Lodge offers a magical, intimate place for weddings. Want a private, eco-friendly venue that you and your guests will remember? Probably our goat herd will be nearby watching too.
A boutique nature sanctuary, BOI is perfect for couples wanting to create a memorable ceremony in a unique space. Come, experience intentionally designed buildings and grounds with nature, magical Blue Ridge Mountains, calm Asian Zen, water features and interesting garden nooks and trails. Spacious venue for reunions and other special event gatherings too.
Nestled in nature, Bend of Ivy is perfect for outdoor ceremonies of up to 80 guests or indoors up to 50 guests. For larger events, additional parking and shuttle service can be arranged.
Features for Weddings:
Couples may choose from several beautiful spaces for their ceremony and reception: Rockery Pond waterfall garden, Labyrinth (scenic mountain view and path), Koi Pond Pergola, Vista Lawn & Arboretum (scenic mountain view and gardens), Pavilion and the Lodge (restored tobacco barn).
Many special places on the land are available for commitment gatherings, rehearsal dinners, photos, wedding party celebrations and bride and groom preparations, such as: Lodge Cathedral Hall, Koi Pond Fire Pit, River Glade (great wading & cairn building spot), Labyrinth or Knoll Timbered Bench Swings (a favorite photo and sitting spot overlooking valley and mountains).
* Guests have access to 63 acres of gardens, scenic photography spaces, waterfalls, river, pavilion, pergolas, labyrinth and gorgeous mountain views.
* On-site parking accommodates about 80 guests.
* For larger events, additional parking can be arranged through a shuttle service or nearby parking.
* Event packages include: tables, chairs, plate ware, silver ware, set-up, clean-up, parking support,
* Commercial kitchen, fully stocked kitchen, dining porch and tables are available for use, seating 32.
* Indoor ceremony and reception space, with inspiring garden views, in Pavilion. Can be expanded with optional tent to provide additional covered seating.
* Rustic pole pine and timbered Lodge Hall offers couple and wedding party a delightful light filled room for munching, bride & bridesmaid preparations, gathering and for smaller indoor wedding ceremonies.
* Accommodations on-site for up to 27 guests with wifi and cell reception. Nearby hotels and B&B’s available for additional out-of-town guests
* Scenic First Look spaces: River glade, with gurgling river, stone and boulders nearby; mountain top Labyrinth, Knoll swing benches, koi pond, meditation garden, with creative goat herd, and more.
* Farm to Table food and experience, with adjacent organic 4 acre farm within easy 3 minute stroll.
* Alcohol policy allows wine and beer.
Other couples have also viewed:
3 Reviews for Bend of Ivy Lodge
Recommended by 100% of couples
10 User photos
Michele · Married on 08/25/2018
Words cannot express how beautiful this land is. We just had the most amazing and magical wedding weekend I could have ever dreamed of. Susan and her Husband Alan were the most accommodating and friendly host. Susan went above and beyond expectations and was helping me plan my wedding for the last 10 months. She is extremely easy to get in touch with and makes you feel very comfortable with the whole planning process even though I was 600 miles away. Everything was so well organized and planned I had zero stress all weekend and fully enjoyed every moment. Since there is lodging on site I was able to have 25 of my closest friends with me all weekend! We will definitely be coming back in the future. Thank you so much for letting us have our wedding on your beautiful property!Sent on 09/10/2018
Carla · Married on 06/03/2017
Susan & her staff are amazing! They were always very responsive and attentive. Susan was very flexible with details as we progressed with wedding planning. They provided amazing vendor referrals and had suggestions for the wedding. We rented gorgeous farm tables, benches, and a large wooden cross that couldn't get wet. Susan & her staff moved the benches and cross after the ceremony to protect it from the elements. They covered the farm tables and chairs with plastic as there was a chance of rain after the event and before the rental company came to pick up the items. They went above and beyond what was expected! I highly recommend Bend of Ivy weddings.Sent on 06/23/2017
Bend of Ivy Lodge's reply:Thank you Carla for your kind words. Our Bend of Ivy team loved supporting you and your family for Marley & Blake's intimate, sweet wedding here.
Kaitlin · Married on 08/27/2016
We held our ceremony at Bend of Ivy in August. The setting was simply perfect. Bend of Ivy is tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains with a beautiful koi pond and gardens, a spacious Lodge that can accommodate several guests and other great facilities to use for wedding ceremony and reception spaces. Susan, the property owner, was gracious and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. The site is only a 20 minute drive from downtown Asheville making it convenient and easy for guests.Sent on 09/25/2016