The Community Farm is a picturesque venue set on a 150-year-old farm, offering you and your guests scenic mountain views and rolling fields to set the perfect scene for your big day. All events are in alignment with nature; there is composting on sight, solar-powered event space and all wedding proceeds go to the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy's (SAHC) environmental education and land conservation efforts!
About the Venue
SAHC Community Farm is nestled on more than 135 acres of land, providing stunning backdrops for your big day that will leave you with memories to be cherished for a lifetime. This charming venue provides guests with a varied selection of facilities and amenities. The SAHC Community Farm offers both indoor and outdoor venue spaces, servicing engagement parties, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions.
A stunning 200-year-old oak tree overlooks the wedding ceremony space, with a custom stone patio space overlooking views of Mt. Pisgah and the Newfound Mountain range. The indoor space consisting of a commercial kitchen and event room is connected to a 10’ by 30’ deck, ensuring that your guests witness the breathtaking farm and mountain scenes.
Our recently remodeled Farmhouse with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, allows your wedding party to relax and prepare for your special day. SAHC Community Farmhouse is pet-friendly and provides a space for the wedding party to get ready. The house is also available for rental before and/or after your wedding!
The community farm is a non-denominational wedding venue welcoming ALL love!
All Weddings Include
• Field ceremony with 360° views overlooking the Newfound Mountains and Mount Pisgah
• 30’ x 60’ reception patio space and deck with mountain views
• Access to the farmhouse, a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom house with a bar, game room and 2 living rooms — to be used as wedding party dressing rooms
• Use of indoor event space with a single bathroom and Bluetooth speakers
• Use of industrial kitchen for preparation with refrigerator space (NOT including use of ovens, utensils, and utilities)
• One planning visit prior to the event, one final walk-through, and a one-hour on-site rehearsal
• A representative of SAHC Community Farm onsite during the event
• Composting on-site
• Electricity available at ceremony and a full metered power panel at the reception area
• Trash, recycling, and compost receptacles, smoking urns
• Various decorating items: 7 6ft long tables, 25 chairs, chalkboards, tiki torches, vintage couches and chairs for photos
What Your Wedding is Supporting
All weddings support the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy (SAHC). SAHC is Asheville's oldest land conservancy which has protected over 75,000 acres of mountain land, farmland, streams and rivers, and much more! SAHC works with the local community to teach environmental education, sustainable farm practices, and equity and inclusion! They are working to protect nature, create bridges into nature, and hold space for life long experiences in nature!
SAHC Community Farm is located 20 minutes away from downtown Asheville in the foothills of Alexander. The team is dedicated to the preservation of the surrounding landscape, restoring 3,00 feet of a French Broad River tributary and opening a space for environmental education in the local community.
Nuptials for Nature - SAHC Community Farm Price Rates
If you are a member of the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy you are eligible to receive $150 off you wedding price. If you are not a member, and would like to be, you can visit https://appalachian.org/ways-to-give/become-a-member/
If you are a Resident of Buncombe County you are eligible for $150 off your wedding at the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy Community Farm.