Do you want more pricing details?
On WeddingWire since 2021
Bel Air 1740 is a chic, new English garden venue located 25 minutes south of Washington, DC, in Prince William, Virginia. Bel Air is a private historic 25-acre oasis of breathtaking rural beauty situated in an urban area with convenient access to transportation options and numerous hotels, restaurants, and other amenities. With its new Wedding Barn, scenic rolling fields, stately lawns, and romantic English gardens, Bel Air 1740 provides the perfect backdrop for indoor and outdoor receptions, photos, and ceremonies.
Facilities and Capacity
Bel Air was built in 1740 by Charles and Sarah Ball Ewell, a first cousin of Mary Ball Washington. George and Martha Washington spent a honeymoon night here in 1759. Many notable weddings have occurred at Bel Air over the centuries, including that of James Craik, Washington's physician and Surgeon of the Continental Army. In 1795, Mason Locke "Parson" Weems, who authored the story of George Washington chopping down the cherry tree, married "the beautiful" Fanny Ewell at Bel Air, which later became their home. Their 7000-square-foot climate-controlled wedding barn has a capacity of 150 guests (200+ with a permit). It is a single-level, wheelchair-accessible facility. The barn features a great hall with 25-ft ceilings and a state-of-the-art theatrical sound and lighting system. The barn contains two spacious dressing rooms, a large warming kitchen, and a sweeping covered patio with enclosable glass panels and a heating system. The scenic grounds and historic Bel Air Manor House backdrop offer many areas for outdoor ceremonies and cocktail receptions. A rustic vintage tobacco barn is also available for cocktail receptions and photos.
Wedding packages at Bel Air 1740 include the following:
- State-of-the-art theatrical sound and lighting system for themed reception or event.
- Elegant English gardens & stately lawns for ceremony or cocktail hour.
- Historic Bel Air Manor House (c. 1740) for photos (wedding party only).
- 10-hour exclusive rental with 6 hours for guests in Great Hall and estate grounds.
- Large enclosable heated Patio for ceremonies and cocktail hours.
- Vintage Tobacco Barn for photos or cocktail reception.
- Two Wedding Suites/Ready Rooms, including one with private rest room, stylist chair and hair washing sink.
- Large professional warming kitchen with easy caterer access.
- Restrooms (wheelchair accessible).
- 200 white ceremony chairs.
- Wine barrel high tops.
- Three outdoor natural gas fire pits with seating
- Four farm tables.
- High-speed fiber wi-fi access.
- Hotel/shuttle package available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
7 User photos
I truly got too many compliments to count from my guests on the venue and would HIGHLY recommend for anyone looking in the northern Virginia area.
July 2022 Wedding
A Hidden Gem For Starting a New Life
Are you interested?
Would you like to visit?