10463 Sprinkle Rd., Austin, TX 78754 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About Barr Mansion Ballroom & Farmstead

Barr Mansion, located in Austin, Texas, is a full-service wedding venue. The venue has catered for weddings for over 30 years, and their experienced coordination staff can help you plan a wedding surrounded by natural beauty and nostalgic charm. The venue’s in-house catering team serve local organic dishes that are sure to leave a lasting impression on your guests.

Facilities and Capacity

Barr Mansion offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor event spaces suitable for receptions and ceremonies:

Their 18th-century Ballroom was shipped piece by piece from New York and features a 40-foot glass wall. The 3,300-square-foot versatile space can accommodate 300 for a seated reception or 200 with room for a dance floor and is a mix of old and new, featuring exposed beams and wooden pillars.

The Farmstead is an indoor-outdoor space, modern in design, with an element of country-chic perfect for a reception or covered ceremony. It is a 2,875-square-foot space, which can seat 300 for a harvest dinner comfortably, and features wooden floors, high ceilings, and an abundance of natural light.

The Mansion, which is over 100 years old, makes the perfect meeting place for the wedding party and features separate bridal and groom suites. The Mansion makes the ideal backdrop for a ceremony or cocktail hour on the front lawn. To the side of the Mansion is the Grand Lawn, an 8,000-square-foot area suitable for a tented reception of up to 300 people. The grounds also feature several other lawn and patio spaces ideal for intimate ceremonies or cocktail parties.

Barr Mansion offers a selection of comprehensive wedding packages which include the assistance of the venue’s experienced coordinators. Their team will meet with you to introduce their services, discuss outside vendors, and start the planning process, as well as coordinate the rehearsal, ceremony, and day-of, create your reception layout, provide guidance on the menu, event day timeline, and rentals.

Wedding packages include:

• Exclusive use of the venue and grounds
  • Choice of an indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception locations
  • Use of the site before the ceremony for rehearsal, wedding preparations, and vendor setup
  • Use of the Mansion for the wedding party with getting ready rooms
  • Setup and breakdown
  • In-house catering with serving staff
  • Ceremony and reception chairs and tables
  • Linens and full place settings

Cuisine

Barr Mansion provides in-house certified organic catering using seasonal ingredients grown in their own garden and local markets. Wedding packages include a choice of appetizer vignettes, buffet, family-style, plated or feast service styles, a wedding cake, and groom’s cake (or optional second dessert) from their experienced pastry chef.

Follow Barr Mansion Ballroom & Farmstead on

Great package for price and helpful

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Christina

Christina Hibbs · Married on 02/08/2020

Beautiful, unique, and absolutely perfect!

I could have never imagined a more perfect day than how my wedding turned out at Barr Mansion. I did the wedding planning myself, but utilized Barr Mansions’s day-of-coordinator, Becki Phelps, to execute the wedding day. I can’t thank Becki enough for all her patience with me leading up to the wedding day. She was patient and kind and was able to answer all of the detailed questions I had. Becki was absolutely amazing at taking the vision I had and turning it into a reality. I was nervous that since I had done the detailed wedding planning myself, that on the wedding day I would be bombarded with questions by different vendors, or would need to be involved in making sure everything went to plan. However, from the time I showed up at the venue until the time I left, Becki had everything absolutely under control. The entire day was seamless and I was able to fully focus on enjoying the day without having to worry about a single thing.

The food was phenomenal! We served our dinner family style and had beef tenderloin and white veggie lasagna as our entrees, with spiced carrots and roasted brassicas as our sides. The only thing I probably could have asked to be different on the wedding day was to have more food. When I went around to each of the tables to greet the guests, I noticed that all of the plates and serving dishes were completely licked clean. I suppose that speaks to how great the food was; I just hope my guests were able to get enough food to be full. Our desserts were also fantastic! We had an apple cake with dulce de leche frosting for the wedding cake and then pumpkin swiss rolls as our secondary dessert. I was so sure we would have way too much dessert and a ton of leftovers, but my guests completely wiped out all of the desserts too! Everyone was raving about the cake and especially the pumpkin rolls. I liked that all of our food, including the desserts, were unique and very well made.

The facilities and grounds were also wonderful. We were lucky to have 70 degree weather, so we had the doors to the farmstead open during our ceremony. It was absolutely breathtaking. The grounds outside were lush and green, even though it was February, and we had some beautiful photos taken all over the grounds. The bartenders did a phenomenal job as well. We had vodka soda and old fashioned cocktails as our signature drinks and everyone absolutely loved the old fashioned. So much so that we ran through all of our bourbon at cocktail hour and had to send someone out on a liquor run before dinner! We had our dinner and reception in the ballroom and the space was perfect for our approximately 150 guests. Everyone had enough room to be comfortable while still having plenty of space for the dance floor.

It was the most amazing day of my life and I am so happy that we chose Barr Mansion for our wedding. I would absolutely recommend Barr Mansion to anyone who is looking for a beautiful and unique space with excellent service and phenomenal food.

Sent on 02/17/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Barr Mansion Ballroom & Farmstead FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    Open Bar
    Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Barn
    Garden
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Outside Cake
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Outside Alcohol
    Signature Drink
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Chairs
    Drapery
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    March
    September
    October
    November
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    August

Real Weddings

• Matt Montalvo Photography Wedding Photographers

As a photographer who has shot at almost every venue in town I can say that the Barr Mansion has THE best food offered! The beauty of the venue speaks for itself. I just wanted to comment on the excellent food! If your a foodie, this is your venue.

• Hill Country DJ Wedding DJs

We always look forward to working at Barr Mansion. The mansion, ballroom, pavilion, and grounds are breathtaking. The food is great too!

• The Arundel Ensemble Wedding Musicians

We love playing at the Barr Mansion! An Austin original, it has the most stunning grounds imaginable and now with the new ballroom, has a fantastic indoor option. The staff are always lovely to work with and we always look forward to our weddings and parties here!

• 10463 Sprinkle Rd. Austin, TX, 78754 See on map
    512-648-4618 (Phone number)
    5125176550 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Barr Mansion Ballroom & Farmstead)