Barr Mansion Ballroom & Farmstead Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sara S. Married on 08/31/2021

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Barr Mansion....the venue, the staff, the COORDINATOR were an absolute dream. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It was such a seamless magical process due to the genuine care and expertise of everyone involved. Every single guest was taken aback by the beauty of the venue in itself and to top it off the work that Stems floral did brought it to the next level.
    Molly, Molly, Molly....an angel sent from the heavens to be not only our wedding coordinator but the sweetest soul, the greatest support and the reason I didn't have a panic attack before walking down the aisle! Would absolutely recommend everything about this place to any future brides/grooms hands down!!
  • Kelli
    Kelli H. Married on 08/28/2021

Kelli Rika

What an incredible venue! We loved having our romantic style wedding here August 28th. We can’t thank Margaret enough for her incredible talent and attention to details. She made sure everything went perfectly and that we were not stressed through the entire year of wedding planning. The entire staff was professional and showed our guests a wonder and fun time. They work well with all of our outside vendors as well and the landscape of the property is stunning! 10/10 would recommend.
  • Addison
    Addison J. Married on 08/22/2021

An absolute dream!

There are no words to describe how amazing my experience was with Barr Mansion. The staff was so kind to all of my gusts and made the environment so welcoming. The food was delicious and got so many compliments. The bar tenders were so fun and made some killer drinks! Also, my gusts still talk about how beautiful the venue was.

By far the best part of planning my wedding with Barr Mansion was meeting their coordinator Molly Mulally. She was my rock throughout the whole process. She was so kind to me from the beginning and was so attentive without being overbearing.

I left it up to her to arrange all of my personal decorations I brought for my wedding. I was done making decisions and selfishly left it up to her. She had no problem with it and did a beautiful job! You can trust her with anything, and that is such a comforting feeling when planning your wedding.

She was so quick to respond to my emails and put up with all the constant changes and rearranging of my seating chart. You can tell that Molly loves her job.

No amount of words can describe how truly grateful I am for Molly and the Barr mansion staff. I will remember them forever!
  • W
    Wendy H. Married on 08/07/2021

Perfect Wedding

This is a beautiful venue and Molly went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. My daughters wedding was more than we could have ever imagined. She took so much care to make sure every detail was carefully thought out and handled the entire wedding with such calmness and professionalism. I can’t imagine not having her with us through this, she is the sweetest lady and she will always have a special place in our hearts. Also, thank you Verbena Floral Design for the beautiful flowers and Eryn Chandler Photography for capturing this day for us, the photos are just gorgeous.
  • Lilia
    Lilia C. Married on 07/29/2021

We highly recommend Barr Mansion and the team!!

We had an evening ceremony under the big Pecan tree, cocktail hour in the farmstead, and the reception at the Ballroom. Every place is so unique, we loved that we had all in just one place and our guests loved it too. We took the small wedding package which was all-inclusive, and it was perfect for us since we planned the whole thing two months in advance! Molly Mulally and her team were amazing! Our experience from planning our wedding to the wedding day was great. Molly always replied to our questions and helped us during the whole process. Highly recommended!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 07/24/2021

Amazing experience at Barr Mansion

So happy with our decision to have our wedding celebration at Barr Mansion. We were originally scheduled to have it on 8/8/20 but decided to postpone to 7/24/21 due to Covid. I'm grateful Barr was able to postpone that date for us during such a crazy time in the wedding industry. Our celebration was everything I imagined it to be. A beautiful and serene setting for our guests, delicious and unique food choices, wonderful service and professionalism, and lots of fun. A big thank you to Molly our wedding coordinator, I cannot imagine working with anyone better! So organized, on top of things, easygoing, kind, and such a hard worker. Many people at our reception noticed how hard she was working to keep things running smoothly for our special day. Thank you again Barr and Molly, it was a day we'll never forget!
  • Kelly
    Kelly O. Married on 07/02/2021

The Perfect Day!

Barr Mansion is THE place to get married in Austin! The venue is beyond beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff is kind and helpful. All of our guests had a great time at the wedding and we cannot be more pleased with how everything turned out.

Our coordinator, Molly, was incredible! She helped me stay on track with planning, gave helpful suggestions, and was an open ear when wedding planning was getting a bit overwhelming. She is organized and knows what she is doing! Our rehearsal and wedding day were perfect because of Molly. She kept us on time, made sure everyone knew where they needed to be, and even packed up some late night pizza in the getaway car for my husband and me. I cannot say enough good things about Molly and Barr Mansion! I wish we could get married all over again!
  • Leah
    Leah Married on 06/25/2021

Amazing experience at Barr Mansion

We had the best wedding thanks to Barr Mansion. They were wonderful to work with! I can't say enough great things about them.
  • Emmanuel
    Emmanuel M. Married on 06/19/2021

WOW is all I can say

My fiancé and I got married about a week and a half ago. From the moment we saw the venue, we knew this was the place. Furthermore, we began working with the Barr Mansion Wedding Coordinator Molly Mulally who could not have been more helpful. I am not one to write reviews, but I can not say enough about Molly and the rest of the BM staff. We all know that the Covid environment has been harsh to the wedding business. However, Molly handled everything perfectly. She answered every question we had, initiated conversations and asked us questions about things we would have never thought of, and orchestrated the most special day in the middle of the June Texas heat. There was literally nothing she could have done to make things go more smooth - everything from planning the day to the day itself. I HIGHLY recommend booking Barr Mansion for a wedding/event of any size. I guarantee Molly will blow you away with your overall experience, even more than you will be blown away by seeing the venue itself. Thank you thank you thank you Molly and the whole Barr Mansion team for the day of a lifetime.
  • Brooke
    Brooke B. Married on 05/24/2021

THE Best Place for A Wedding in Austin!

My husband and I literally chanced upon Barr Mansion when we were taking a drive to get out during Covid quarantine one day. We remarked at how beautiful it was. So, we looked into it online, took a tour on the grounds, and were even more amazed and just knew that's where we wanted our wedding!

Considering it was Spring of 2020 during the height of Covid when we set our date for April of 2021, we had a difficult time figuring out how large our party would be due to safety concerns and how we would manage the ceremony and reception. At first, we wanted to have two different sets of people attending each and although Barr Mansion hadn't done this before they were willing to work with us to make it happen. After time passed and Covid vaccinations started becoming more available, we decided to delay our wedding date a month out until May in hopes that we could just have everyone attend both the ceremony and reception. Molly and the team were again more than willing to work with us to change the scenario and the date for us.

I knew nothing about how to approach our wedding but Molly was always so reassuring and helpful in every step of the way. I tend to be very detail oriented and probably drove her crazy with my lengthy emails, but she never blinked an eye. In fact, her organization and response time was impeccable. She has the best attitude and was so accommodating to any need or request we had. Phone calls and meetings with her always helped relieve any anxiety I had going into this important day. When we got close to the date she wasn't pressing on the items she needed to ensure our day ran smoothly either. She is truly a rock star and made for her job!

The day before the wedding we had to choose a Plan B for rain. It wasn't my first choice as much as getting married under the large tree on the grounds, which is so beautiful. But, we went with it and it was seamless! It turned out to be just as beautiful and special even though we had to have it indoors. We had about 60 people attend and had the ceremony in the Farmstead and moved the reception to the Ballroom. We even got some beautiful couple and family photos under umbrellas in the rain and inside and on the porch of the mansion, which were stunning.

The staff at Barr Mansion were so helpful and professional and approachable. They were alway one step ahead and looking back on the day I didn't have to ask for anything. They already had it. A beer or drink would be handed to us. I told them in passing that I was going to taste my [newly-wed] husband's dish, so instead they surprised me with both options. They worked well with the vendors. Our flowers were exactly as planned as well as the musician and even the timing of the musician as I walked in during ceremony was perfect with the help of Molly. At the end of the night, all of our belongings were already packed up ready for us to move out, so it wasn't too much of a burden on our friends and family at the end of the night. All of our guests remarked at how nice and helpful the staff and Molly were, too. Everything was clean beautiful and memorable. I couldn't recommend Barr Mansion more! Ask for Molly if you can, too!

Brooke Hernandez
    Kylie R. Married on 05/01/2021

The Dream Wedding

We are very happy with how everything worked out for our big day. It was definitely stressful at times yet everyone was ready to help and made things go smoothly.
  • Vorhaus
    Vorhaus W. Married on 04/16/2021

Incredible incredible venue! Barr Mansion is a dream

We recently got married at Barr Mansion and it was everything we could have dreamt of and more. All thanks to Molly Mulally, our wonderful, fabulous, amazing coordinator from Barr Mansion. Molly executed on everything we wanted and envisioned to a T. Our families are in the hospitality business and the service we received was impeccable. Dinner was served promptly, dishes were cleared quickly, and drinks were never empty. They floated through the reception without causing any distraction or disruption. We had to move to our rain plan and you never would have known it was plan B because of all of the stunning locations on the property to host a ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was the best night of our lives and our guests have not stopped talking about the venue, the food, the staff, and Molly. Booking Barr Mansion & Molly will be the best decision you make in your wedding planning journey.
    Jenny G. Married on 11/23/2020

The greatest wedding investment you’ll make

If I could leave a million stars, I would. Every single aspect of Barr Mansion is impeccable and made our wedding the most special day of our lives up to this point. Barr Mansion is timeless, romantic and whimsical. But more than the stunning venue, phenomenal food and gorgeous grounds you’ll find the greatest part, our coordinator Molly M. Her communication is timely, thorough and clear. She thought through every detail I would’ve forgotten and was an integral part of planning our day. She is kind, genuine and planning with her felt like I was planning with a friend. She has a very calming spirit and is truly the best person to be around in a high stress environment (cause planning and day of might bring a few frustrations). Molly makes you feel heard and is incredibly attentive. We were blessed and fortunate enough to not even feel like we were planning a wedding in the midst of Covid. Molly and everyone at Barr Mansion made our day flawless and unforgettable. We couldn’t have done it without you, Molly. You’re the best.
    Andi M. Married on 11/13/2020

Amazing Venue & Staff

I HIGHLY recommend Barr Mansion, Molly our coordinator was amazing. She was by my side through all the ups and downs of COVID. She worked with us on changes and was always very responsive. The venue is beautiful and the staff is amazing. They tended to our every want and need. The chef did an great job on the food. The appetizers were delicious and the main course was even better. The beef tenderloin is to die for and don't forget the green chili mac n cheese. Our guest are still talking about how delicious everything was. Thank you for making our daughters wedding perfect.
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 11/08/2020

Book Barr Mansion now!

Molly and the Barr Mansion team were so helpful in making our November 2020 wedding in the midst of COVID run smoothly. Molly didn't bat an eye when we approached her with our own social distancing/safety guidelines that we felt were necessary to pull off a wedding in a pandemic. She was quick at responding to our emails and helped us navigate all of the changes we had to make due to COVID without making us feel stressed. The staff the day of our wedding were so friendly and awesome. The venue is absolutely stunning (we did everything outside), our guests were raving about the food, and we're still dreaming about the cake. We'd highly recommend Barr Mansion as a wedding venue.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/24/2020

Beautiful Venue

I am so grateful that I found Barr Mansion. I originally went to one of their picnics and was impressed by the food and beauty of the space. I knew that I wanted to serve my guests an elegant meal and Barr Mansion delivers that. The place is already so pretty that minimum decor is needed, and it's an easy canvas to work with for a lot of decor styles.

I am also grateful for their coordinator, Molly, who was super accommodating and prepared to handle all the last minute problems and surprises that popped up.

I had a lot of guests tell me that this had been the most beautiful wedding they had been to, and plenty of guests were really impressed with the food.
  • Brittany
    Brittany W. Married on 09/13/2020

Great package for price and helpful

Great package for price and helpful
    Sanna B. Married on 05/10/2020

Beautiful, Magical, Enchanting, Absolutely Perfect!

THANK YOU SO MUCH to the staff at Barr Mansion for making our wedding day so much more dreamy and magical than we could’ve expected! From the moment we saw photos of Barr Mansion in a lookbook, to the moment Nick and I were departing the elegantly lit mansion and grounds in our getaway car under a starry night sky, the beauty and enchantment of Barr Mansion only continued to grow and surprise us both. The farm-to-table food was ABSOLUTELY delicious, and I’m sure this is one of the few venues where we can 100% say the food served during our wedding was exactly (if not, even more) as tasty as the food served during our pre-pandemic Spring Tasting. Also, we can’t give this review without mentioning that Barr Mansion was able to rebook our initial wedding day from April 19th to October 5th without any problems, charges, or re-negotiation. Big big big thanks to our Manager on Duty Margaret, Catering Manager Noah, and the bar and waiting staff for making us and our guests feel at home throughout the entire evening! Our night at Barr Mansion was so so dreamy and enchanting, and we ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND Barr Mansion to anyone and everyone!
  • Christina
    Christina H. Married on 02/08/2020

Beautiful, unique, and absolutely perfect!

I could have never imagined a more perfect day than how my wedding turned out at Barr Mansion. I did the wedding planning myself, but utilized Barr Mansions’s day-of-coordinator, Becki Phelps, to execute the wedding day. I can’t thank Becki enough for all her patience with me leading up to the wedding day. She was patient and kind and was able to answer all of the detailed questions I had. Becki was absolutely amazing at taking the vision I had and turning it into a reality. I was nervous that since I had done the detailed wedding planning myself, that on the wedding day I would be bombarded with questions by different vendors, or would need to be involved in making sure everything went to plan. However, from the time I showed up at the venue until the time I left, Becki had everything absolutely under control. The entire day was seamless and I was able to fully focus on enjoying the day without having to worry about a single thing.

The food was phenomenal! We served our dinner family style and had beef tenderloin and white veggie lasagna as our entrees, with spiced carrots and roasted brassicas as our sides. The only thing I probably could have asked to be different on the wedding day was to have more food. When I went around to each of the tables to greet the guests, I noticed that all of the plates and serving dishes were completely licked clean. I suppose that speaks to how great the food was; I just hope my guests were able to get enough food to be full. Our desserts were also fantastic! We had an apple cake with dulce de leche frosting for the wedding cake and then pumpkin swiss rolls as our secondary dessert. I was so sure we would have way too much dessert and a ton of leftovers, but my guests completely wiped out all of the desserts too! Everyone was raving about the cake and especially the pumpkin rolls. I liked that all of our food, including the desserts, were unique and very well made.

The facilities and grounds were also wonderful. We were lucky to have 70 degree weather, so we had the doors to the farmstead open during our ceremony. It was absolutely breathtaking. The grounds outside were lush and green, even though it was February, and we had some beautiful photos taken all over the grounds. The bartenders did a phenomenal job as well. We had vodka soda and old fashioned cocktails as our signature drinks and everyone absolutely loved the old fashioned. So much so that we ran through all of our bourbon at cocktail hour and had to send someone out on a liquor run before dinner! We had our dinner and reception in the ballroom and the space was perfect for our approximately 150 guests. Everyone had enough room to be comfortable while still having plenty of space for the dance floor.

It was the most amazing day of my life and I am so happy that we chose Barr Mansion for our wedding. I would absolutely recommend Barr Mansion to anyone who is looking for a beautiful and unique space with excellent service and phenomenal food.
  • Uptown
    Uptown D. Married on 06/07/2019

Our Austin wedding band LOVES Barr Mansion

What a venue! Our Austin wedding band, Uptown Drive loves every chance we get to play live music at this beautiful southern gem. It is the perfect setting for any wedding or special event with its outdoor space & greenery. We love Barr Mansions rich history and the stunning ballroom that is perfect for event entertainment. The ballroom has a large event space for a dance floor, which was packed all night long. We can't wait to play here again!

Leanne Married on 03/16/2019

Could NOT have asked for a better experience!!

The Barr Mansion and their staff were incredible. I found this venue about 4 years ago, got engaged in August of 2017, and fell in love all over again with the Barr Mansion in January 2018. Our day-of coordinator, Cori, was nothing but helpful, punctual, and responsive - a true professional! She kept my dreams and vision in mind throughout the process and made sure that what I wanted was the focus. On the day of our wedding, there was no place else I would have wanted to get married and commit my life to the man I love. It was the PERFECT day and a lot of that is credited to the Barr Mansion and the staff. I heard from family and friends that the food was delicious, the staff was kind, the bar service was fast, and I considered it a good thing that I only saw Cori a few times throughout the day. If I had seen more of her, it would have meant that things had gone wrong, but of course, Cori handled the flexible schedule of the day and evening, she made sure we all had enough time for each part of the night (dinner, dancing, eating dessert, etc.). She was amazing, the staff was amazing, and the service was truly unmatched.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 11/03/2018

Best venue we could have ever asked for!

Working with Barr Mansion is working with the dream team. Their whole staff is impeccable, from when you first show up for an open house to when you leave for your sparkler exit. Barr Mansion provided us with the perfect wedding. The grounds are stunning, the food and the desserts (including your cake) are phenomenal, and the day-of-coordination is top-notch. We requested things above what Barr Mansion was required to provide and they met every need with a smile. We worked with Mia as our coordinator and she is just the sweetest and most professional person. She handled everything with poise and promptness and made our wedding go off without a hitch. She even helped set up all of the extra decor that I personally made (including furniture such as a beautiful vintage desk that I own!). If you are considering hiring Barr Mansion for your wedding - go for it! It will be the best experience you will ever have.
    Laurie Married on 10/27/2018

Best wedding venue in Austin!

We looked at several other venues in both Austin and Dripping Springs for our daughter’s wedding. But from the moment our daughter and her then fiancé saw Barr Mansion, I don’t think they seriously considered anywhere else. Barr Mansion had the Austin “vibe” that they were looking for and the grounds were unbelievably beautiful!
    Cori was our coordinator and she was WONDERFUL! A calming presence for this first time MOB! All of her recommendations pre-wedding were spot on and she was so helpful in answering all of our emails in a timely manner. The day of the wedding she helped everything to run so smoothly and helped solve any minor hiccup so quickly and professionally that we all could just enjoy the day.
    We were lucky with the weather, and the ceremony under the big tree was even more beautiful than I had imagined. But Barr Mansion also has plenty of room indoors for both the ceremony and the reception, which was very important to me. All of our guests commented on the beautiful grounds, the delicious food (the PB&J cake was a huge hit!), and how smoothly everything ran. We couldn’t be any happier with our choice. Thank you to everyone at Barr Mansion, and especially to a Cori, for giving our daughter and now son the wedding of their dreams !
    Nate Married on 06/02/2018
    The most important day of our lives was made infinitely better by the awesome staff of Barr Mansion. Cori was a rockstar, and made sure that the timeline we had agreed to beforehand was followed precisely. The venue is maintained beautifully, and the food was beyond our wildest expectations. There is absolutely no doubt that Barr Mansion was worth every penny spent.
    Make sure that you attend their Open House events where you are introduced to some of their preferred vendors! Barr Mansion is the best, and they work with extremely talented individuals who make your big day the best it can be. Nothing but rave reviews for Cori and the rest of the team from my beautiful wife and I!
    Jocelyn Married on 05/27/2018
    Barr Mansion was absolutely perfect! We picked out the venue when we were working out of state so we booked without visiting it. When we visited it for the first time we were so happy with our choice. The planning process was so easy and stress-free due to them providing the catering and furniture. We also felt at ease knowing that they do weddings all the time. They are truly wedding experts! The actual wedding day completely surpassed our expectations. It was more beautiful than we could have imagined! The staff was so friendly and treated my husband and I with so much attention and care making sure that we always had a drink in our hand, food if needed, and were comfortable. All of our guests complimented us on how amazing the wedding and venue were.