P.O. Box 3817, Reston, VA 20191 Map · Phone number

About An Exceptional Event

I describe myself as someone with a passion for helping other people and for keeping track of details. I have managed events for an educational association, planning conferences for 300-18,000 people and banquets for 200-1,000. A former sales manager for Hilton Hotels, I decided to channel my organizational energies to weddings and conferences in 1999 and created An Exceptional Event. I have a graduate certificate in Event Management from the George Washington University and have held the prestigious CMP designation (Certified Meeting Professional). I am also a graduate of the Association of Bridal Consultants professional development program

I have planned many, many events at amazing venues in Northern Virginia - and have a special place in my heart for Loudoun County. My job is to be focused on all the details that go into making an event flow smoothly - so you can concentrate on each other.

It is my greatest joy to help make exceptional events happen -

I look forward to taking care of you at yours!

86c3051f4fe06257 5
86c3051f4fe06257 5

4 Reviews for An Exceptional Event

Tyler Orpin · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!

Shawn was the most helpful for my wedding. She had everything under control. I don't know how I would of ever gotten through the process without her. My donut truck didn't show up and she went to Wegmans and got donuts and a cake with out any upset and just fixed everything.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Anne · Married on 06/06/2009

Shawn Marie is wonderful. I don't even have enough words to describe how smoothly she ran my wedding day. I hired her for day-of coordination but she was really there to help me for the 4-6 weeks prior to my wedding. I am an organized control freak (even when I am not planning a wedding) and she did her best to help me realize what I could and couldn't get done (realistically) right before my wedding. She also was great in terms of working with all the vendors right before my wedding and making sure my wedding day ran perfectly. She also took care of some things that I didn't even think of.

One of the reasons I hired her was because of her personality. She has a very calm personality, but you can tell that she can take control when she needs to. I knew that my mom and others in my wedding party would respond well to her and they all loved her. I got many compliments after the wedding about how well she did. My mom was glad that she was able to enjoy the wedding, while Shawn Marie took care of all the little things. Frankly, I was too. Another reason I hired her was because I wanted to get a wedding planner on board early and many companies would not talk to me until I was much closer to my wedding date. I really appreciated her flexibility on that point.

If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, I would strongly encourage you to get one and I would highly recommend Shawn Marie.

Sent on 02/10/2010

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2006

We used Shawn Marie to coordinate the day of our wedding. She met with us a month out and made sure we had everything we needed. She was a godsend the day of the wedding - she took care of all the vendors, made sure everything was set up as it should have been, answered any questions anyone had. My husband and I did not lift a finger the day we got married...Shawn Marie covered everything for us. I wasn't really that sold on wedding coordinators until I had one. She made me believe that they are an absolute necessity!!

Sent on 11/17/2006