An Event Less Ordinary

4406 N Magnolia #640, Chicago, IL 60640 Map · Phone number

About An Event Less Ordinary

When Amy & Carolyn discovered they have a mutual love for fabulous footwear, their day planners and throwing extraordinary parties, Amy turned to Carolyn and said "We should plan weddings." She replied, "You know what? We should!" Thus, An Event Less Ordinary was born! Amy & Carolyn are both extremely passionate about what they do. Each has many years of experience in theatre, which has taught them how to build a production from scratch, while also nurturing their creativity.

We are currently offering 3 different coordination packages:

Day Of Coordination
If you are a couple who have planned all your details, this package is for you. AELO will pick up where you left off, tie up loose ends, and make sure everything comes together without a hitch. Following your initial consultation, we will meet with you 1-3 weeks prior to your wedding day. We will become familiar with every detail of your wedding and every vendor you have contracted. We will also direct your wedding rehearsal for you.

Month Of Wedding Coordination
If you are a couple who have planned most of your details but need a little help with the small stuff, Month Of Coordination is for you. From creating guest gift baskets, to tying ribbons on programs, to helping you with your final seating chart, AELO will take care of the finer details. After your initial consultation, we will meet with you 4 to 6 weeks prior to your wedding in order to become familiar with your day and settle on what particulars we will be coordinating. This package also includes Day Of Coordination.

Full Wedding Coordination
If you are a busy bride, then the Full Coordination package is for you. AELO will be there to assist you every step of the way. We will work with you on a realistic budget, help you to select venues, and recommend vendors to you. We will schedule appointments, attend meetings as needed, and provide your chosen vendors with all the information they will need on your wedding day. This package also includes Day Of Coordination.

Table setting

An Event Less Ordinary 6
An Event Less Ordinary 7

Erin Gschwind Romo · Married on 08/17/2018

The Day-of-Coordinator of Our Dreams

An Event Less Ordinary (AELO) was suggested to us by our venue, Ignite Glass Studios. We sent an initial email inquiry and within 24 hours we received a response and couldn’t have been happier from the very beginning. We had a couple of phone calls with Carolyn to hash out some details prior to our in person meeting. When we finally met her in person at our walk through, it felt as though we had all known each other for years! She jumped right in at our walkthrough to take details and responsibilities off of our plate. We didn’t even need to ask her- it was like she was two steps ahead of us at all times. Additionally, she also created a timeline for the day of the wedding and contacted all of our vendors as needed, which put us at ease.

On the day of the rehearsal she worked so well with our church, families, and bridal party and assisted in transporting any items to the venue. On the actual day of our wedding, my wife and I couldn’t have imagined any other person. The day of your wedding is so chaotic, but Carolyn (and her assistant) maintained a calm and welcoming, but detail-oriented presence that helped make every part of the event go incredibly smooth. She even brought a suitcase full of emergency items! Throughout the entire event, Carolyn and her assistant were always ready and willing to step in and even provided us with excellent tips on how to cut the cake together. Who would’ve thought?! Before leaving, Carolyn checked in with us one last time and handed over the reigns to her assistant. All of our cards, belongings, etc. were so neatly packaged and ready to go at the end of our night and we couldn’t have been more thankful.

I wish there were 6 stars to give Carolyn and AELO because they certainly deserve it. My wife and I cannot express how grateful we are to Carolyn and the AELO team. Our wedding experience wouldn’t have been the same without you!

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2018

I would never be able to rave more about this company or Carolyn! I wouldn't have been able to pull off the planning and day of the wedding without her! Now I feel as though I have lost a good friend! She is awesome and patient and totally knows what she is doing. She makes you feel at total ease. I highly recommend!

• Claire

Claire Markham · Married on 06/16/2018

Carolyn was amazing!

Working with Carolyn was a joy. Our parents and our bridal party all independently remarked on how organized and helpful she and her assistant were throughout the day, and we found her so easy to work with in the lead up to our wedding. I was planning from out of town and was fairly organized, but Carolyn was instrumental in my feeling like I could hand over the reigns on the day and just focus on enjoying everything! I can't recommend AELO enough.

An Event Less Ordinary FAQ