We Only Do Pretty

Chicago, Illinois View map Visit website

We Only Do Pretty is your on-location glam squad for weddings and events. With a team of seasoned hair stylists and makeup artists, their goal is to achieve your unique pretty on a day that will last forever in your photos and memories. They are based in Chicago, IL, but have the resources and team to accoommodate any wedding, no matter the location: Chicago Suburbs, Wisonsin, Michigan, Florida.. Mexico? Yes, please!

Experience

Started in 2013 by three friends and artists, We Ony Do Pretty has grown into a vast team of experienced, talented and verstaile hair stylists and makeup artists who have been working in the beauty industry for decades. They are able to accommodate any background and need clients may have. Their work has been featured on the cover of "Wedding Guide Chicago" and "Celebration Society" magazines, as well as mulitiple accredited wedding blogs/websites, fashion shows and even in a Chicago Cubs player’s wedding!

We Only Do Pretty is so passionate about service. On such an important day, not only is beauty a priority, but also the overall experience the bride and party have with their team. Making everyone feel their most beautiful self in a calm and friendly enviroment, all within a timely manner is what our stylists and artists strive for each and every wedding.

Services include:

• Tattoo Coverage
  • Hair Extensions
  • Grooming
  • Package Discounts

We Only Do Pretty would love to be part of your day! Please send a message as 2020 is filling up!

• Woman-owned

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$210

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$150

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$140

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$210

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$150

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$150

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$150

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$140

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Assistant Fee
Consultation

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Mult. Stylists
Salon
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Extensions
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Tattoo Coverage

Catherine R. Married on 10/17/2021

Made me look and feel beautiful!

Kristin and the We Only Do Pretty team was wonderful to work with and they made my bridesmaids and I look and feel beautiful on my big day. During my trial, Kristin made me feel so comfortable, incorporated my feedback along the way, and made suggestions for how to show off my favorite features and go with my dress, venue, and style all while still looking like myself. On the wedding day, Kristin and her team showed up to our suite armed and ready to make us look beautiful and they executed on that commitment - WODP made all of us feel comfortable as they did our hair and make-up and confident to look like our best, most beautiful selves. She also went above and beyond to help my sister-in-law schedule make-up services for my husband's family (sisters, sister-in-law, mom) at the hotel where they were staying. I am very picky when it comes to my hair and make-up, often preferring to do it myself vs. getting it done knowing I may be disappointed (which has happened with many events and weddings I've been in as a bridesmaid). I am SO glad I trusted Kristin and We Only Do Pretty to take care of my and my bridesmaids' hair and make-up for my wedding and would recommend them to anyone getting married or going to a big event.
  • Brooke
    Brooke M. Married on 10/02/2021

The Absolute Best

If you are looking for absolute professionals for your wedding hair and makeup look no further. I am so happy I chose We Only Do Pretty for my wedding. Eliora and Lauren were beyond amazing. Through two hair trials due to a dress change and then traveling to my out of state wedding, it was a smooth and seamless process. I wanted a very complicated braided hairstyle I was not even sure was possible and a specific look for makeup and they both executed it perfectly with seeming ease. On the morning of my wedding they arrived promptly and got right to work – knocking out six bridesmaids, three moms, a flower girl, and me. Everyone looked so beautiful and all my bridesmaids were very happy with their looks – many pictures were taken. What’s more, they had a great blend of Lauren’s upbeat enthusiasm and excitement and Eliora’s calm focus, a fantastic duo that made me and my bridal party very comfortable and relaxed. I cannot recommend them highly enough, my hair and makeup was everything I had hoped for on my wedding day, and Eliora is also a pro at fixing veils! Thank you both so much!
  • Devon
    Devon G. Married on 07/17/2021

Perfect for curly hair!

I cannot recommend them enough! The trial went great and she really listened to everything I had to say. I requested some adjustments on the actual wedding day, which she did perfectly! Every bit of makeup stayed in place the whole night (and if I'm being honest I didn't take it off before bed and I woke up with it still in place, not a single smudge). And my hair! I was really nervous since I have naturally curly hair and a long history of people not knowing hoe to properly handle it. I told her that I wanted to embrace my natural curls which she was super excited about. The final product was just amazing, I don't think my hair has ever looked that beautiful. But the thing that made me the happiest was how beautiful she made my mom feel. She did her makeup and my mom was nervous since she never wears it, but she was absolutely stunning! I cannot recommend their service enough! :)

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Real Weddings

• Jynell & Nick
    46 photos · 04/06/2019

Chosen with Bonnie Chosen with Bonnie Wedding Officiants

Lauren and Kristin at We Only Do Pretty are phenomenal artists! Lauren did hair and makeup for me for a recent photo shoot and she made me feel gorgeous! Lauren is so skilled at what she does that her work looked both completely natural and totally glamorous at the same time. As a Life-Cycle Celebrant/Officiant at Chosen with Bonnie, We Only Do Pretty is on my list of preferred vendors. Reach out to Lauren and Kristin today!

1917 W. Diversey Chicago, Illinois, 60614
Location of (We Only Do Pretty)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding