Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About A Swanky Affair

After many years of planning weddings and corporate events for one of the premier restaurants and catering companies in the Triangle, Amanda launched A Swanky Affair. Amanda's experience in the catering and event industry has given her the knowledge and skills to manage and oversee any size event. Her creative vision, impeccable attention to detail, and organizational skills have led her to successfully orchestrate flawless events.

What makes Amanda unique is her infectious enthusiasm that makes the event planning process a truly enjoyable and exciting experience. Her distinctive style enables her to create a relaxed yet unforgettable day for her clients.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Religious (5)
Non-Religious (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Full Planning (1)

Preparing for my daughter's wedding in Durham was filled with challenges, as both she and her fiancé lived out of the country, and I (as MOB) lived out of town. However, the best decision we made was to hire Amanda Scott with A Swanky Affair to help us navigate the process. Amanda's familiarity and comfort with the Durham area alleviated any need for us to individually investigate and interview the large number of potential vendors there. After understanding the style of the wedding and the bride's and groom's preferences, she was able to simplify the decision process on many levels. Amanda was prompt and professional for the entire planning process, and her services for the rehearsal and for the day of the wedding were superb and allowed the MOB to relax and enjoy the weekend. I highly recommend Amanda and A Swanky Affair.

Profile Picture Jane, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Amanda helped my daughter take her vision for the wedding and make it reality. She help direct us to great vendors and always available to answer questions. Also, the day of the wedding I worry about nothing. I really enjoyed the day. Amanda make sure everything was in place. Working with her was a great experience

Profile Picture Gloria, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter was recently married in Durham. Since both families and her fiancé were out of town and she was starting her pediatric residency at Duke, a wedding planner was a must. The young couple spoke with a few wedding planners and chose Amanda Scott of A Swanky Affair. Amanda was the perfect combination of low key (for my stressed out, long work hours daughter) and very organized (for the "I am trying not to be overbearing but I am way out on the west coast" mother). Amanda provided a monthly check list which my daughter and her fiancé were able to handle fairly well. She handled anxious emails from California with reassuring replies. But the best of all was the rehearsal and day of care she gave us. She worked so well with our priest and church, had a detailed time line for all involved parties, and was quietly and calmly everywhere on the wedding day keeping everything running smoothly. We all relaxed and so enjoyed the day and suddenly it was over! But there was Amanda and her sweet assistant packing everything up and getting it to our car allowing us to just savor the memory of a great day! I highly recommend A Swanky Affair to plan your event! Thanks Amanda!!

Profile Picture Peggy, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews

220x220 sq 1450912527383 wedding web 591
220x220 sq 1450912547685 wedding web 581
220x220 sq 1450912571643 wedding web 620

11 ENDORSEMENTS
Great Event Planner, always very organized.

Amanda is so delightful to work with! We have now done several weddings together and they have been beautiful and flowed smoothly along because of her careful planning and foresight so nothing slips by her and gets forgotten. I can highly recommend A Swanky Affair!

I would highly recommend Amanda from A Swanky Affair. Her designs are gorgeous and she is professional and organized, making the day run smoothly from beginning to end. I'm always excited to hear I am working with her on a wedding because I know it's going to be a gorgeous day. You will definitely be in good hands.

We have worked with Amanda and A Swanky Affair on numerous events over the years. Their events always run very smoothly and are a blast! They are easy to work with and very detail oriented.

Fun, classy, professional. Their name says it all! It is always a treat to work with A Swanky Affair for weddings.

127 PROS I KNOW