9502 Lake Street, Ellsworth, MI 49729 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36
  • Pricing

About A Matter of Taste

Rated in the Top 10 Caterers of Michigan

A Matter of Taste at “Tapawingo” is a boutique style Lakefront Wedding Venue and full-service catering company. Offering catering and bartending on-site and serving Northwest Michigan off-site venues using our fully equipped mobile kitchen.

Weddings - Corporate Events - Rehearsal Dinners - Private Celebrations

Because of our exceptional reputation we are Preferred vendor’s for: Castle Farms, Talcott, Hotel Walloon, Shanahan Barn, Fountain Pointe, and many other Northern Michigan Event Venues.

TAPAWINGO

Our stylish sophisticated venue sits on breathtaking Saint Clair Lake property in Ellsworth, conveniently located between Traverse City and Petoskey.

Tapawingo, meaning “House of Joy and peace” by Native American Indians. Formerly one of the top restaurants in the country and Nationally acclaimed for 29 years.

Because of the exceptional peaceful natural surroundings, Tapawingo is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after wedding locations in Michigan.

Follow A Matter of Taste on

img0712
fdfa9ddbe44e862d 2016 Wedding Tapawingo Aerial View
16865139101552532064044483998493377096127365n
parmesan encrusted white fish
A Matter of Taste
sam and thomas wedding arc
A Matter of Taste
alex and kyle august table
img0717
Castle Farms
Castle Farms
wedding tapawingo aerial view
A Matter of Taste
tuscan chicken and beef tips
ginny and gregg best
forest chicken
appetizer display
appetizer display ellen
img0361
A Matter of Taste
bar at a matter of taste tapawingo
july 2015 farm table outdoor
img0725
img0735
img0854
castle farms
A Matter of Taste
alex and kyle farm tables
wedding david chown
tapawingo back side
bethcourtney356
A Matter of Taste
october a matter of taste meghan and joud v
img0665
img1282
A Matter of Taste
tomato soup and grilled cheese toast
img0712
fdfa9ddbe44e862d 2016 Wedding Tapawingo Aerial View
16865139101552532064044483998493377096127365n

• Videos 1

15 Reviews for A Matter of Taste

Cindy · Married on 09/30/2017

Ginny and Gregg did a wonderful job catering my daughter, Lauren’s, wedding. The food was excellent, service was perfect and most of all they were so professional that I did not have to worry about a thing. It allowed me to enjoy what was a perfect day. Both Gregg and Ginny were very helpful and absolutely a joy to work with. I would highly recommend them for any catering event.

Sent on 10/04/2017

A Matter of Taste's reply:

Thank You Cindy! Lauren was the most amazing bride because she knew what she wanted and she was so in love! True love and happiness is the most beautiful gift.
    It truly was an honor to be part of such a love story and the entire staff at A Matter of Taste would like to say thank you for giving us the opportunity to cater for all your family and friends! Our Best!

Samantha · Married on 09/12/2015

We not only had our wedding catered by Ginny and Gregg, but also had our wedding at their venue. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day, just like Ginny told me it would be. We did tapas during pictures, and they were absolutely amazing. They say a bride doesn't eat on her wedding day, well my husband made sure I got a plate of everything :). Next we had food stations with their amazing whitefish, mashed potato bar and many more! It was amazing! The atmosphere, the dance floor, the romantic lights...it was just perfect. It was a little chilly, but Ginny and Gregg set up a bonfire for us, as well as a yummy smore bar! Everyone raved about the food, atmosphere and memories that all of us get to cherish forever. It was beautiful and unique...the best day of my life. Thank you so much Ginny and Gregg!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at matter of taste at Tapawingo and also used Matter of Taste for our catering. Our wedding turned out absolutely perfect!! The venue is gorgeous and is such a nice atmosphere. It was the perfect size for our wedding (about 80 people). We got endless compliments on the venue. Ginny and Greg were very helpful and accomdating. They made the wedding we imagined come true! The food was FANTASTIC. We had a little trouble with our shuttle transporting guests so the ceremony was pushed back about 40 minutes. The staff was AMAZING. They opened the bar early and brought out appetizers while people waited. They even brought food back to me and my bridesmaids. They have a nice bridal suite that we all got ready at which was perfect. They even brought us muffins and coffee while we got ready. I had a few last minutes changed and Greg and Ginny made sure everything was just how I wanted it. We also had our rehearsal dinner there and it turned out great. I would absoulely recoommennd Matter of Taste at Tapawingo!!

Sent on 07/07/2015

A Matter of Taste's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and it was our pleasure to celebrate both rehearsal and wedding at our peaceful, private venue. My husband was so funny while preparing for the wedding he thought it would be a great idea to make muffins for you girls. Men will always do something during your marriage that always remind you why you married them. That was one for me, because after 23 years of marriage he can take me right back to his thoughtful ideas. Gregg and I along with our entire staff at A Matter of Taste @Tapawingo wish you all the best and thank you for having us! Your review was very kind and its what we strive for. Making dreams come true and be as accomodating to help insure a flawless experience! Thank You!

A Matter of Taste Pricing

A Matter of Taste Price Rates

A Matter of Taste FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 38.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 31.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 26.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 34.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 20.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, House Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, French, Italian, Mediterranean, Sandwiches, Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• Mike Davis Trio
    Mike Davis Trio Wedding Musicians

We have been employed as musicians at weddings that "A Matter of Taste" catered. Exceptionally good food … very good presentation … very professional. I would endorse them as great caterers.

• Paul Retherford Photography
    Paul Retherford Photography Wedding Photographers

If you are looking for great food with great service look no further than A Matter of Taste. I have had the privilege of enjoying their catering at multiple Weddings and I have always cleaned my plate. The best compliment a caterer can get is clean plates and happy people. That is what I see when I am working Weddings with A Matter of Taste!

• MerryMakers
    MerryMakers Wedding Planners

Ginny and Greg from A Matter of Taste have created a beautiful venue and catering services. Always striving for perfection along with hospitality they are always high on our list of the best of the best!

• 9502 Lake Street Ellsworth, MI, 49729 See on map