West Hollywood, CA 90069 Map · Phone number

About A CEREMONY of the HEART

A Ceremony of the Heart

Custom designed, Non-denominational Ceremonies

planned and performed with

Beauty, Grace, and Majesty!

Our services include

Creating and Officiating Ceremonies

Wedding Planning, Consulting and

Relationship Counseling including "The State of Grace Document."

CALL FOR A COMPLIMENTARY IN PERSON CONSULTATION

323 650-3761 or 310 502-1977 or email maryjean@minister.com

Or Leave us a message at 310-226-7101

A Wedding and any ceremony you plan is such a special time and so in each ceremony and celebration Your wishes and personal traditions are included and honored. We strive to create a ceremony and celebration that is meaningful and personal and inclusive of the elements that will make your day memorable to you, your family and friends.

Mary Jean says,

" I perform each ceremony as if it were the first, last and only ceremony I will ever perform.

Every couple that stands before me deserves to have an extraordinary and memorable experience.

After all, this is the moment when they are making promises of love and deepening the spiritual bond they have created. It is an honor to be chosen to share such an intimate moment and so it is important for me to contribute a feeling of warmth, intimacy and magic! I never rush through a ceremony, rather I speak to the couple and help them feel relaxed and present."

With over 15 years experience we bring knowledge, inspiration and a variety of ideas to the creation of your ceremony so it truly is an expression of your unique relationship and the words spoken will reflect your style and what is in your inmost hearts.

" I approach each and every ceremony with humility and encourage you to express your individuality."

" My goal is to help you have a ceremony that is more than you ever dreamed it could be and to that end I pay attention to detail, and listen carefully to what you want. Then together we collaborate to create your ideal ceremony. As we work together, you have complete control of the ceremony content and once you have approved it, that is exactly what we deliver.

It is a matter of utmost respect and our heartfelt commitment to you that your ceremony is what you want."

We begin by offering a complimentary, in person consultation to see if we are a match. At that time I have 3 goals......

First we take some time to get to know each other and see if we connect:

Your ceremony is a most significant moment, it is important to have an officiant with whom you feel there is a connection, someone who makes you feel comfortable and safe and someone that cares about you.

Second we discuss your ceremony ideas:

You may have many ideas, or none at all...you may have traditions or something you have seen someone else do......whatever it is we will take time to explore your personal feelings about the ceremony and determine a direction and tone for your ceremony.

Third I bring numerous ceremony samples for review:

Together we will review ceremonies to find examples of material that would be appropriate for you which is a great starting point in creating your ceremony and helping you to see what is possible. Often we discover together new ideas or directions you may not have previously considered.

At the end of this first meeting you will have a very clear idea of what is possible and what kind of ceremony you will have when you choose A Ceremony of the Heart for your Wedding!

I have often been told, " Mary Jean's exquisite voice adds a feeling of warmth, and intimacy."

I have years of public speaking experience and so it is my commitment to perform your ceremony with love and care and do it so it is warm and conversational and never preachy. I believe words can be like music and that they should come alive so that everyone listening is engaged and moved by this very special moment.

In addition to weddings we offer

Vow Renewal, Family Blending Ceremonies

Baby Blessings, Baby Naming,

Partnership Blessings, Commitment Ceremonies,

House Blessings, Young Adult Rites of Passage,

Memorial Ceremonies,

Pet Ceremonies including Welcoming and Memorial services.

Premarital and Relationship Counseling
" State of Grace Document " Certified Facilitator

We take pride in providing a beautiful keepsake copy of your ceremony!

We serve the greater Los Angeles area including the San Fernando Valley,

Orange County, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, and will travel to whatever destination you choose!

Wedding Planning Services
We offer Full, Partial and Day of Services as well as Vendor and Concept Consultation.

Mary Jean Valente is a full-service wedding planner serving the Southern California area, including Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley as well as Destination Weddings. Mary Jean provides full wedding coordination, month of consulting and day~of coordinating.

"After working in the event industry planning large corporate and celebrity events I began to specialize in weddings. I love working with people and I especially love helping a couple plan a day that is based on their love for each other! It is very fulfilling to help create a day that is more than just another party, rather a day to be cherished forever and one that is an expression of your unique taste and personal style."

From the Ceremony, to the Décor, Photography and Videography, to the Cuisine, Music, Floral Design and other special elements your wedding will be as unique and different as you choose. "My approach is to bring insight, imagination and expertise so your wedding is everything you hope it will be!"

"I consider it an honor and a privilege to participate in this once in a lifetime moment and so I treat you and your wedding day with the respect and care this significant and meaningful day deserves."

"It is my commitment to bring joy and happiness as well as a sense of peace and grace to you, your guests and the celebration of your love!"

Follow A CEREMONY of the HEART on

NICHOLEJOHNMJ

103 Reviews for A CEREMONY of the HEART

Max · Married on 09/16/2017

SO WARM AND PROFESSIONAL
    My now husband and I were married in September and the best choice we made was having Mary Jean as our officiant. She created the most beautiful, personal and unique ceremony for us and all along the way, she made sure it was fun, easy and meaningful. We had the wedding of our dreams and will always remember what a lovely person Mary Jean is and how well she took care of us. Our parents, families and friends are still telling us how much they loved our ceremony and wished they could have had her at their weddings. Thank you so much Mary Jean!!!!

Monica · Married on 01/01/2017

Mary Jean Valente is such an amazing person, she helped us from day one and we are so Happy we found her. My partner and I have been together for 6 years and we wanted to make sure we chose someone who was kind, loving, funny and patient. Mary Jean was all that and more. She really broke down the ceremony step by step for us, put everything down in writing for us to look over weeks before the ceremony. She was open to opinions and questions and she made our wedding day very Memorable. We were soooo happy that she was fine with Marrying us on New Years Day (not many people want to work on holidays). To top it off she offered to drop off our License at the county Clerk office for us, she just made sure the process was simple for us and we love her for that.

Thank you Mary Jean for everything!

Amber · Married on 08/27/2016

We just had our wedding in August 2016, and Mary Jean was the best decision my husband and I made in regards to our wedding. We were both so pleased with Mary Jean's perfect execution. She really went out of her way to make us feel at ease and comfortable with everything. We had a nondenominational wedding, and Mary Jean catered to us so beautifully. She made sure we knew exactly what she was going to say, and where she was going to add some improvisation (which is something she is VERY PROFESSIONAL about). If you want someone who will give you exactly what you want, she's your gal. We had a very comprehensive meeting with her in person months before the wedding, and she got to know more about us as a couple, what we liked, what we didn't like, what we valued, etc. Mary Jean was a former wedding planner, so she had so much experience and advice that we didn't know we needed. She was super responsive with her emails, her phone calls, and was always on top of EVERYTHING. In short, Mary Jean was perfection.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

A CEREMONY of the HEART FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 475.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins., 30-60 mins., 60+ mins.

7 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• A CEREMONY of the HEART 1
    "I DO I DO"
    Just want to get your License Signed? California is a Ceremonial State so you must have a ceremony...however if what you really want is for just the two of you to show up and sign papers, I can fulfill the state's legally required obligation by asking you the necessary question, pronounce you married and sign your license for a very special rate. Call Mary Jean at 323 650-3761 or 323 650-3020 or leave a message at 310 226-7101 and Remember to mention Wedding Wire.
  • A CEREMONY of the HEART 2
    A SALUTE TO THE MILITARY
    In Honor and Appreciation of all Men and Women in Service we Thank You by offering our services at a special Rate. Call Mary Jean Valente at 323 650-3761 or 323 650-3020 and Remember to Mention Wedding Wire.
  • A CEREMONY of the HEART 3
    CEREMONY WRITING
    You want your friend or family member to perform your ceremony but they are at a loss for words and not sure how to do it! Mary Jean will collaborate with you to custom design your ceremony and consult with your chosen officiant so they will feel confident, comfortable and help you have a truly wonderful day!! Call Mary Jean at 323 650-3020 or 323 650-3761 and Remember to mention Wedding Wire.

See More Deals

• Union of Souls Wedding Ceremonies
    Union of Souls Wedding Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Mary Jean married my husband and I and became a very dear friend and mentor to me. Mary Jean is the reason that I decided to become an Officiant. Mary Jean is very professional and cares only about the couple and making their wedding day perfect. I would recommend Mary Jean to anyone wanting to get married in California or anywhere that she is willing to travel to.

• Lifetime Events by Jacqueline, LLC
    Lifetime Events by Jacqueline, LLC Wedding Planners

As a planner working with quality and trustworthy professionals is key. Working with Mary Jean from A Ceremony of the Heart was not just a pleasure, but an honor. Not only was she one of the best wedding professionals I recommended for this destination wedding, but the ceremony she officiated was SPECTACULAR. Thank you for all your assistance, prompt responses, caring heart, and for being such the wonderful person that you are. My clients were pleased with their beach ceremony, and the guests who were overjoyed with the circle of love you created for them. Thank you and I defnitely recommend you and look forward to working with you. Jacqueline Vazquez ~ Lifetime Events by Jacqueline

• Tasteful Tatters
    Tasteful Tatters Wedding Planners

It was such an honor to work alongside Mary of A Ceremony of Heart. It's not often that I work with an officient who goes beyond the call of duty. Her love and attentiveness to each individual couple's wants and personality for their ceremony is completely genuine and thoughtful. She creates personal touches and even thinks beyond the wedding day to add a special touch for each couple. I was blown away with the professionalism as well as love she has for each of her clients. She was a joy to watch and I even overheard many guests commenting on how sweet and special the ceremony was! You will not disappointed in having A Ceremony of the Heart on your wedding team!

• West Hollywood, CA 90069 See on map
    Complimentary Consultation By appointment.