West Hollywood, CA 90069 Map · Phone number

About A CEREMONY of the HEART

A Ceremony of the Heart

Custom designed, Non-denominational Ceremonies

planned and performed with

Beauty, Grace, and Majesty!

Our services include

Creating and Officiating Ceremonies

Wedding Planning, Consulting and

Relationship Counseling including "The State of Grace Document."

CALL FOR A COMPLIMENTARY IN PERSON CONSULTATION

323 650-3761 or 310 502-1977 or email maryjean@minister.com

Or Leave us a message at 310-226-7101

A Wedding and any ceremony you plan is such a special time and so in each ceremony and celebration Your wishes and personal traditions are included and honored. We strive to create a ceremony and celebration that is meaningful and personal and inclusive of the elements that will make your day memorable to you, your family and friends.

Mary Jean says,

" I perform each ceremony as if it were the first, last and only ceremony I will ever perform.

Every couple that stands before me deserves to have an extraordinary and memorable experience.

After all, this is the moment when they are making promises of love and deepening the spiritual bond they have created. It is an honor to be chosen to share such an intimate moment and so it is important for me to contribute a feeling of warmth, intimacy and magic! I never rush through a ceremony, rather I speak to the couple and help them feel relaxed and present."

With over 15 years experience we bring knowledge, inspiration and a variety of ideas to the creation of your ceremony so it truly is an expression of your unique relationship and the words spoken will reflect your style and what is in your inmost hearts.

" I approach each and every ceremony with humility and encourage you to express your individuality."

" My goal is to help you have a ceremony that is more than you ever dreamed it could be and to that end I pay attention to detail, and listen carefully to what you want. Then together we collaborate to create your ideal ceremony. As we work together, you have complete control of the ceremony content and once you have approved it, that is exactly what we deliver.

It is a matter of utmost respect and our heartfelt commitment to you that your ceremony is what you want."

We begin by offering a complimentary, in person consultation to see if we are a match. At that time I have 3 goals......

First we take some time to get to know each other and see if we connect:

Your ceremony is a most significant moment, it is important to have an officiant with whom you feel there is a connection, someone who makes you feel comfortable and safe and someone that cares about you.

Second we discuss your ceremony ideas:

You may have many ideas, or none at all...you may have traditions or something you have seen someone else do......whatever it is we will take time to explore your personal feelings about the ceremony and determine a direction and tone for your ceremony.

Third I bring numerous ceremony samples for review:

Together we will review ceremonies to find examples of material that would be appropriate for you which is a great starting point in creating your ceremony and helping you to see what is possible. Often we discover together new ideas or directions you may not have previously considered.

At the end of this first meeting you will have a very clear idea of what is possible and what kind of ceremony you will have when you choose A Ceremony of the Heart for your Wedding!

I have often been told, " Mary Jean's exquisite voice adds a feeling of warmth, and intimacy."

I have years of public speaking experience and so it is my commitment to perform your ceremony with love and care and do it so it is warm and conversational and never preachy. I believe words can be like music and that they should come alive so that everyone listening is engaged and moved by this very special moment.

In addition to weddings we offer

Vow Renewal, Family Blending Ceremonies

Baby Blessings, Baby Naming,

Partnership Blessings, Commitment Ceremonies,

House Blessings, Young Adult Rites of Passage,

Memorial Ceremonies,

Pet Ceremonies including Welcoming and Memorial services.

Premarital and Relationship Counseling
" State of Grace Document " Certified Facilitator

We take pride in providing a beautiful keepsake copy of your ceremony!

We serve the greater Los Angeles area including the San Fernando Valley,

Orange County, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, and will travel to whatever destination you choose!

Wedding Planning Services
We offer Full, Partial and Day of Services as well as Vendor and Concept Consultation.

Mary Jean Valente is a full-service wedding planner serving the Southern California area, including Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley as well as Destination Weddings. Mary Jean provides full wedding coordination, month of consulting and day~of coordinating.

"After working in the event industry planning large corporate and celebrity events I began to specialize in weddings. I love working with people and I especially love helping a couple plan a day that is based on their love for each other! It is very fulfilling to help create a day that is more than just another party, rather a day to be cherished forever and one that is an expression of your unique taste and personal style."

From the Ceremony, to the Décor, Photography and Videography, to the Cuisine, Music, Floral Design and other special elements your wedding will be as unique and different as you choose. "My approach is to bring insight, imagination and expertise so your wedding is everything you hope it will be!"

"I consider it an honor and a privilege to participate in this once in a lifetime moment and so I treat you and your wedding day with the respect and care this significant and meaningful day deserves."

"It is my commitment to bring joy and happiness as well as a sense of peace and grace to you, your guests and the celebration of your love!"

Follow A CEREMONY of the HEART on

A CEREMONY of the HEART 4
A CEREMONY of the HEART 5

Ash D · Married on 08/04/2019

Love Mary Jean!!!

Mary Jean is so amazing and personal! She put so much work into our simple elopement ceremony up on the beach. She is truly amazing and takes the time to get to know you and personalize the ceremony to fit who you are! She spent hours with us planning on the phone and was just so fun and sweet! She gave so much guidance and help during the whole time! She even typed up the ceremony in a sweet program and gave it to us at the end! Adorable!!! She will always be part of the family! Loved having her officiate the wedding! Thank you Mary Jean!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • JJ De

Jj De La Torre · Married on 07/23/2019

A magical, wonderful, custom tailored experience that we would not trade for the world and will remember for the rest of our lives

I can’t properly describe how wonderful Mary Jean is or how much she contributed to our wedding. Not just the day of, but the entire process working alongside her in the planning stages was such a detailed, special, and deeply moving experience. Mary Jean made my husband and I feel like we were the only people in the world and the most special couple on Earth throughout the planning stages. She is so passionate about what she does, bringing such a warm and kind energy into the whole process. Our ceremony and wedding day would not have been nearly as monumental and enriched without her expertise, ideas, and genuine passion for what she does. All of my questions, fears, doubts, and worries were eased throughout the process as she helped me and my husband develop our ceremony together. We all laughed and cried together while creating the perfect ceremony. And on our wedding day, all our wedding guests mentioned to us how much they enjoyed her energy and the experience she cultivated. She brings forth a wealth of experience and ideas and has the exact personality and heart for her role. I can not recommend her enough. You will thank yourself in spades after working with Mary Jean for your big day.

Sent on 08/08/2019
    A CEREMONY of the HEART 6
    A CEREMONY of the HEART 7
    A CEREMONY of the HEART 8
    A CEREMONY of the HEART 9
    A CEREMONY of the HEART 10

Max · Married on 09/16/2017

SO WARM AND PROFESSIONAL
    My now husband and I were married in September and the best choice we made was having Mary Jean as our officiant. She created the most beautiful, personal and unique ceremony for us and all along the way, she made sure it was fun, easy and meaningful. We had the wedding of our dreams and will always remember what a lovely person Mary Jean is and how well she took care of us. Our parents, families and friends are still telling us how much they loved our ceremony and wished they could have had her at their weddings. Thank you so much Mary Jean!!!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Union of Souls Wedding Ceremonies
    Union of Souls Wedding Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Mary Jean married my husband and I and became a very dear friend and mentor to me. Mary Jean is the reason that I decided to become an Officiant. Mary Jean is very professional and cares only about the couple and making their wedding day perfect. I would recommend Mary Jean to anyone wanting to get married in California or anywhere that she is willing to travel to.

• Lifetime Events by Jacqueline, LLC
    Lifetime Events by Jacqueline, LLC Wedding Planners

As a planner working with quality and trustworthy professionals is key. Working with Mary Jean from A Ceremony of the Heart was not just a pleasure, but an honor. Not only was she one of the best wedding professionals I recommended for this destination wedding, but the ceremony she officiated was SPECTACULAR. Thank you for all your assistance, prompt responses, caring heart, and for being such the wonderful person that you are. My clients were pleased with their beach ceremony, and the guests who were overjoyed with the circle of love you created for them. Thank you and I defnitely recommend you and look forward to working with you. Jacqueline Vazquez ~ Lifetime Events by Jacqueline

• Tasteful Tatters
    Tasteful Tatters Wedding Planners

It was such an honor to work alongside Mary of A Ceremony of Heart. It's not often that I work with an officient who goes beyond the call of duty. Her love and attentiveness to each individual couple's wants and personality for their ceremony is completely genuine and thoughtful. She creates personal touches and even thinks beyond the wedding day to add a special touch for each couple. I was blown away with the professionalism as well as love she has for each of her clients. She was a joy to watch and I even overheard many guests commenting on how sweet and special the ceremony was! You will not disappointed in having A Ceremony of the Heart on your wedding team!

• West Hollywood, 90069 See on map
    Complimentary Consultation By appointment.