703 Edgewood Street NE, Washington, DC 20017 Map · Phone number

About 5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge

5-12 Dessert is a custom dessert business operating in the Washington, DC Metropolian area. We specialize in artistically designed dessert tables, custom cakes, handcrafted cookies, and desserts that don't just tast great they're a conversation piece!!

Experience
Daneen and Tai Heath are the mother-daughter team behind 5-12 Dessert. Tai is a very talented cake artist and pastry chef with a degree in Baking & Pastry Arts from Johnson and Wales University, while her mother, Daneen, has a degree in Business Administration with a passion for designing and styling dessert tables. Together, they have set out to leave their mark in the dessert industry. While in high school, Tai was highlighted in “Junior Ace of Cakes” on WUSA9. Her love for artistically designed cakes and pastries led to the creation of 5-12 Dessert alongside her biggest supporter, Daneen.

Products Offered
5-12 Dessert focuses on creating unique and creative edible works of art for the couples' wedding day that truly exceeds their expectations, while being prompt and professional. The team will be sure to deliver and setup your desserts and custom cake, so you have no worries on the day of. They offer many custom desserts options including cakes, groom's cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, cakesicles, french macaroons, handcrafted cookies, donuts, dessert shooters, dipped dessert options, and edible wedding favors. Because taste is just as important as design, they offer a premium product with multitude of cake flavors, icings, and fillings.

Follow 5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge on

love lace styled shoot love lace final 0307 51 748368 1561584301

38 Reviews for 5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge

• Francine

Francine Francis · Married on 09/05/2020

Beautiful AND tasteful wedding cake!

We originally were planning a large wedding and Daneen & Tai worked with us from the beginning by baking & designing personalized cookies for "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" theme. We love them! They even packaged the cookies individually so I can send a package to each bridesmaid in the mail. Due to Coronavirus we changed our large wedding plans to a micro-wedding and they were so flexible with us going back and forth postponing our wedding twice to finally deciding to get married within a month. During The Pandemic, Daneen & Tai made it possible to do cake tasting by providing several options and personally delivering it straight to our home then we joined on Zoom to have the cake tasting experience with them. They took my Pinterest vision of a micro-cake and made such a beautiful strawberry cake. It tasted so good too!

Sent on 09/27/2020

J Wood · Married on 07/13/2019

In One Word, Delicious

We contracted with 5-12 Dessert Boutique through our Event Planner at Party Palace! They were very accommodating throughout the whole process! We decided on a Lemon Cake with Lemon Zest and the lighter Butter Cream Icing for our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration. In one word , Delicious!!

Sent on 07/27/2019

5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge's reply:

Thanks so very much for the kind words and for the opportunity to be a part of your wedding anniversary celebration...it was a pleasure!!!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 08/17/2018

Amazing`Experience With This Mother-Daughter Duo For My Summer 2018 Wedding!

I had the pleasure of working with Tai and Daneen for my Summer 2018 wedding. From beginning to end, my experience was wonderful. Tai and Daneen were patient with my "bride brain" and a couple last minute changes and provided great customer service. In the end they captured my "southern rustic chic" theme perfectly with my beautiful dessert table that included a 3 tier yellow cake with Italian buttercream, mini chocolate cupcakes, key lime pie shooters, and custom monogrammed cookies that served as my wedding favors. These ladies are truly talented and their desserts are not only beautiful but taste delicious! My guests couldn't stop gushing over how delicious and fresh everything was. Thanks so much to 5-12 Desserts for bringing my vision to life and making my big day even more special!

Sent on 01/22/2019

5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge FAQ

$ 6
    $ 7
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Attache Events by Ruth Wedding Planners

Really excited to recommend 5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge. I have the utmost respect and confidence in Daneen and her team. If you want quality and commitment, check out 5-12 Dessert Boutique. They will work hard to meet your highest standards!!

• 703 Edgewood Street NE Washington, District of Columbia, 20017 See on map
    2028414127 (Phone number)
    Location of (5-12 Dessert Boutique & Lounge)