Yes, I am getting married... callling all ex bfs
OK, So I have no idea whats going on with my life.

Its like ever since I was announced I am getting married, the closer the day gets, the more ex bfs I run into. I have had 3 add me on fb recently. I just reconnected with a good old friend that we had something going on. Its just like all my exs or anyone ive ever had a fling with are resurfacing the closer my wedding gets.
Dont get me wrong, I am totally in love with my fiance and we have been together for 7 years now. The guys who I run into all know and its not that they are lighting an old flame or anything but its just weird...

Just had this on my mind and had to get it out there lol. Its driving me crazy!

Married: 07/21/2012
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Apr 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

13 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
double post
Edited On: Apr 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Private User
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Haha....I find this funny because I was sorta of thinking about this from a different view point the other day.
My thought was: now that I'm nearly married, I don't feel uncomfortable speaking with these old flames. Before I was a bit aprehensive because I was afraid they'd mistake my friendliness as an indicator that I wanted more. It's now obvious that I have no hidden agenda in striking up a friendly conversation with these guys.
The other side could be that these guys have suddenly surfaced because they feel like it's 'safe' to be friends since your getting married. Maybe they had similar feelings to me. They were afraid they'd give you the wrong impression, but now that you're becoming a wife, they don't see that as a worry anymore.

Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C)
Married: 10/13/2013
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Haha it is kind of weird how that stuff happens...

I've only had one other boyfriend besides my FH and he called me literally two weeks after we got engaged after we hadn't spoken in nearly 4 years. He didn't even know we were engaged so that wasn't the reason he called- but he asked how FH and I were doing so I told him.

Super awkward timing...

Wedding: 09/02/2017
Apr 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
When i first got engaged this happened. A few guys that I 'dated' and things never quite worked out contacted me. I got the mix of emotions when I told them I was off the market. It had been 1-3 years since I had heard from any of them...

Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 6
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've kind of had the opposite happen haha! I've had a couple guy friends on FB (one I dated briefly) delete me. I don't care honestly, I'm happy moving forward and am really looking forward to getting married!

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
This happens to me too!! They all came out of the woodwork and wanted to be my best friend!!

theragirl
Married: 08/18/2012
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I haven't met any, actually I'm still FB friends with a couple but I keep dreaming about the exes and that is really frustrating !!

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think that's only a problem if you get like sad telling them, or you sit there wondering what might have been..that's a red flag..then again I haven't had many prior bfs, and wouldn't even know how to contact them so it wasn't an issue.

Gonna B Mrs. B
Married: 08/03/2012
Reviews: 6
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's always like that when you're happy and doing something big exes on both or one end show up. Just the devil working overtime nothing to worry about though.

Rachel W.
Married: 05/27/2012
Reviews: 9
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had one ex contact me a few months ago. It actually weirded me a little - we hadnt spoken in about 10 years, and I always thought he was a great guy. It was weird that he has a wife of his own and is a grown man now. But not weird that I wanted to get back together, just weird that we were once so close and now not so much.
FH and I talked about it, and it helped.

KitCat
Married: 08/25/2012
Apr 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ha! I had one hit me up for a booty call. Told me I could consider it my bachelorette gift. Uh.... seriously? If FH knew, he'd be furious and tracking that guy down. O.o I'm just laughing about.

Nalani
Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My ex called me as sooooon as my fb status said engaged. He hadn't talked to me in like 2 years and he was like is it Kyle (it didnt have a name on fb) and I was like yeah... (i almost cheated on this ex with Kyle) and he was like good, cause you always get what you want, and you have wanted him since you were 13.. I was like uhh thanks? Lol i didnt know what to say!!

Nalani
Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My ex called me as sooooon as my fb status said engaged. He hadn't talked to me in like 2 years and he was like is it Kyle (it didnt have a name on fb) and I was like yeah... (i almost cheated on this ex with Kyle) and he was like good, cause you always get what you want, and you have wanted him since you were 13.. I was like uhh thanks? Lol i didnt know what to say!!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct