What's your theme? What inspired your theme?
We all have a theme it seems, country, destination, seasons, etc..... what is yours? What was your inspiration that brought you to your theme? Are you enjoying the theme you choose to work your wedding around? Give us some details so we can have a visual of your big day!!

Kristina
Married: 09/22/2012
Posted On: Apr 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

33 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Andrea Ank.
Married: 04/07/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My theme centered around these sweetheart birds that I saw online. I used images from the bird makers site to use as pictures for our STD's and our invitaions. I also used an image for a sign for the ceremony room.
We made our centerpieces with branches and bird houses to tie it all in.

Andrea Ank.
Married: 04/07/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
sorry double post
Edited On: Apr 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Kristina
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My theme is vintage/rustic country. I am doing lots of moss, cat tails, lace, mason jars, etc. I am loving my theme, it has been so much fun and I have so much freedom with this theme. It fits us both perfectly. My dress is really what inspired me to go with this theme, my ring did as well. As silly as it might sound, I shopped for my dress trying to find one that matched my ring. I was blissfully happy to find the one I wanted. I have also worked some Mossy Oak camo into my theme, the Groom, groomsmen and bridal party will all be wearing some sort of camo, for us girls, its our shoes that I converted into camo, I LOVE them!! We have even invited the guests to wear their favorite article of camo clothing to help bring the theme to life!!

Kristina
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Andrea, SO SO SO cute!! Love it!

Kristina
double post, sorry!!
Edited On: Apr 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM

D1
Married: 10/12/2013
Reviews: 7
Think our theme is going to be a Starry Nite. December wedding with Navy Blue, Silver and White. Ceremony and Reception at the same location (maybe in same room) Simple but Elegant affair with White/Silver Branches, crystals and stars for decorations. Minimal flowers. Lots of twinkling white lights.
Thinking of making those wine glass candle lamps with custom designed velum in Navy and Silver Shimmer and dipping the base of the wine glasses in blue or silver.
These will be used around the tables as decoration and Guests can take home as favors.
Edited On: Apr 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Kristina
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh WOW Dione, that will be beautiful. I wanted twinkling lights over my dance floor, but we did lit up lanterns instead and I hope that they look nice, but I would have killed for the twinkle lights, Good luck and congrats!! Your wine glasses sound so amazing as well!! Have to post pics when you get one done, I can imagine how pretty they would be.

Future Mrs. M
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our theme is "Royal Garden." We had started by choosing brown and blue (the colors of our eyes). This migrated to pool blue and brown. Then I found this book of cardstock that then became the inspiration for everything.

Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I started with the theme "Country Hippie" and it's kind of taking it's own turn and is now more like "Country Rustic" which is fine with me. My inspiration? My FH was my inspiration. He is my Redneck Romeo. All the way country which is the total opposite of me. I am more Hippie like. Our colors are Cornflower and Clover(hues of blue and green) which are our favorite colors.

Married: 07/27/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We don't really have a "theme" i think it's more of a "feel' i want a vintage Hollywood, elegant feel. By doing a "feel" instead of "theme" it's given me a lot of wiggle room to fit all the stuff i want it. Definitely inspired by our building which was built in 1927. We are deviating from our theme in little way though- like our postage is Pixar, and we want Wall-E cake toppers.

Edited On: Apr 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Married: 09/15/2012
Reviews: 3
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a very nautical inspired wedding. We live righto n the water in a very coastal community we both LOVE LOVE LOVE hence our "theme".

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 12
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The closest we had to a theme was that all our paper products were based on the artwork of our ketubah (formal Jewish wedding contract). Below are the ketubah itself, our invitations, and our programs. Our photo sharing cards, and the explanation of our cake topper (a traditional Welsh love spoon) were also based on the same artwork.

Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
FH and I met on a band trip... so our theme is music based. my best friend got me a framed treble clef for Christmas right after FH and I got back together, so that is our inspiration. I've been collecting old sheet music to use for a lot of our decor.

We'll have sheet music paper hearts hanging as streamers. Our centerpieces are paper wine boxes covered in sheet music. I'm currently trying to figure out how to make paper flowers to add to my non-traditional DIY bouquet. All of our stationary is music themed.

I love it - and everyone who knows us has commented about how well it fits us.

Married: 09/29/2012
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Motorcylces we love to be out on the bike all the time. Plus FH father was a big biker and was killed in an accident a couple years ago so it kinda to honor him also.

keli716
Married: 09/08/2012
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are doing a hockey themed reception, we are both die hard hockey fans. Our center pieces have little hockey rubber ducks that are "facing off" on glass mirrors and our cake is actually in the shape of the Stanley Cup, we had a cake topper personally made that is the bride and groom facing off. The groom is wearing a Red wing's jersey with FH's favorite number and last name and the bride is wearing a Blackhawk's jersey with my favorite number and name.

Married: 07/24/2010
Reviews: 6
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My daughters wedding didn't really have a theme, other than formal. But, the calla lily did seem to become the focus, from the invitations and RSVP cards, to the bridal luncheon napkins and the favors to those 8 guests; to the cake and bouquets.

Married: 09/08/2012
Reviews: 1
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a 50's prom! I love anything vintage. I came across these photos and it was love at first sight. http://diablorose.blogspot.com/2011/06/disneyland-50s-prom-love.html

Married: 06/16/2012
Reviews: 2
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a zebra theme, The inspiration was my parents Motel/restaurant. LONG STORY/short. My FH & I had only been dating a short while. My parents bought a motel, the whole family was involved with the refurbishing of it. There was a restaurant but it needed alot of TLC but no lounge area. My FH is a carpenter. I called him to see if he could build us a bar. While he was building the bar I was remodeling the restaurant. We both come up with the name together "The Lion's DEN" The place is made up like a jungle. We are both very proud of the work we did there and run a very nice and elegant restaraunt/lounge. I managed the restaurant part while he did the bar/security. My favorite animal is zebra (which I wanted to do the place in but to much zebra print is hard on the eyes)
We will be having the ceremony outside and the reception in the restaurant/lounge area.
1st pic is of the restaurant
2nd is the bar my FH built (he is sooo very talented)
3rd is him building it

Spike
Married: 07/15/2012
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we are having a 1950's themed wedding. Inspiration? Marilyn Monroe. =]

Tammy
Married: 07/12/2014
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My wedding theme is Caribbean but my colors are zebra and fuchsia/dark pink

Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics