Honorary Bridesmaid - gifts
I'm planning to have 6 honorary bridesmaids and 2 honorary groomsmen at my wedding. I didn't find out about this option until 2 or 3 months away from the wedding so we didn't have time to plan much but I feel bad if we don't include these people in some way. I'm not asking the girls to go get a new dress for the occasion, just to wear something they already have, and I haven't asked them to help out yet so what I'd like to know is whether we need to get them gifts? We can't invite them to the rehearsal dinner since I found out about this option after my in-laws chose the venue and price range they could afford, so I'm not going to have them formally walk in, just seated on a reserved row in the front, and they will get a reserved table at the reception. Do I need to also get them a gift even though I haven't asked them to spend any money?

Married: 07/12/2009
Posted On: Jun 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

3 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Jun 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you feel a gift is neccissary, and they've been helping out sure, but if they haven't helped out, then I wouldn't, but a verbal thanks for supporting you during your life in your speech would be nice

Married: 08/22/2009
Jun 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Im not even sure what a honorary bridesmaid/groomsmen is.? Iv never heard of it, but if they are helping you then I would get them a little gift card to show your appreciation.

Married: 09/26/2009
Reviews: 5
Jun 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would think if their helping you significantly a small gift is reasonable if you can do it. Think meaningful - a small photo album with pictures of all the girls or times you've hung out together, or maybe a simple jewelry set (go with silver, and make each gift different), make a CD that you personalize for each person if you can that has cool photos of your friendship history. Or signify these people with a nice corsage for their wrist. I'm sure you'll come up with something special!!! Good luck.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct