Weddings at Temple Square

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.3 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our luncheon in the Sharon and Manchester rooms and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious and it was beautifully decorated. It was the perfect space for our group!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Empire Room could not have looked any more beautiful. The staff pulled the party together. IT was breathtaking.

• Wedding: 06/20/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mona was the coordinator for my event at the JSMB and she was so easy to work with. I don't know how many times I changed what I wanted but she was always so organized and kept up on every thing I said to her. She was so helpful when we met with her in her office to show me samples of tablecloth colors and suggest different table arrangements for our guest count. I would highly recommend working with Mona.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Our wedding reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building was nothing short of spectacular. The history and elegance of the Smith Building added so much to our celebration. We were treated very well by the coordinators as well as the florists were attentive, they listened, and had great ideas. The fact that everything was on-site took the worry out of the whole experience. Colleen and her crew in the floral department were patient, understood how to deliver the most for our budget, and had some very creative ideas. Everything turned out perfectly and our evening was a huge success. Several of our guests commented on how beautiful the floral arrangements were, and the value was outstanding. We would recommend the Smith Building to anyone—they are total professionals.

• Wedding: 03/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception in the Empire Room. Absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments afterwards. Several of my guests and the bride were gluten free. They happily accommodated and made sure their needs were met. We used Granite for our cake so the JSMB happily cut our cake at no extra charge. We could not have been more pleased with how it turned out. And the price was very reasonable.

• Wedding: 02/11/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The JSMB is a pleasure to work with.

Cyd was my event coordinator and was on top of everything. She is very professional, to the point, and a total sweetheart.

The room was gorgeous (we were in the Sharon/Manchester Room) and we have received many, many compliments on how lovely the room was. The staff are amazing, and so helpful. The reception was a breeze, and we had nothing to worry about. Except for our cake not being what we ordered (but that wasn't the JSMB's fault...).

• Wedding: 12/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The building was lovely, the staff was helpful, and the price was right.

• Wedding: 11/22/2011
3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The food was delicious and the place was beautiful!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When you book with them, they provide you with a wedding planner that goes over every detail with you. After every meeting we received an email with the summary of everything we had discussed. Everything was so well taken care of. On your wedding day, you really want to go with a professional. They are professionals!

The room rental is so reasonable! Most places are charging over $2000! All the rooms are gorgeous. We picked the Empire Room and I can't think of a more elegant location in all of Utah. It was absolutely stunning. And we received help and input every step of the way, from the linens, to the setup, to the schedule. Bonus about this place, is that they provide linens, food, flowers, cake cutting, servers. It is so well-run. They simply know what they're doing.

• Wedding: 08/17/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved my wedding luncheon. The staff was friendly and were very professional. Everyone loved the food and raved about it the rest of the day. The people we worked with were amazing and helped us so much and made my day perfect.

• Wedding: 07/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt and I truly appreciated the wonderful service and our dinner overall. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive, the food was amazing, the decorations were beautiful. We simply cannot say enough about our wonderful experience and the many compliments we received from our guests. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I couldn't be any happier with the Joseph Smith Memorial Building...Everything looked perfect! We had our reception in the Empire Room and it was amazing....I was sooo happy they allowed us to have lite candles on all of our tables, it created something really special and intimate...They we're so helpful and full of suggestions...In my opinion this is one of the nicest places to have a wedding dinner or reception....Just a little tip though, the food is AMAZING! Seriously :)

Also...go with the dance floor it's definitely worth it! :) Happy Planning!

• Wedding: 04/10/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had or wedding here and it was amazing. They handle everything for us and the food was really good as well. They really made our wedding more memorable. Highly recommended.

• Wedding: 03/13/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our wedding at the Salt Lake Temple, and having the reception so close by just made our day so wonderful. The food was great, and they handled so many details it made things quite easy for us. Would definitely recommend them!

• Wedding: 01/23/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful and Great wedding venue!

• Wedding: 08/05/2009
3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The Devereaux Mansion is a Temple Square Hospitality venue. It's generally not very well known and not used very often. They were pretty disorganized about the whole thing because they don't do it very often and it's a fairly new venue for them. Our coordinator was pretty scatter brained and missed out on some of the details we had asked for for the reception, which was extremely disappointing (such as they didn't set up the tables on the patio), although I'm sure no one noticed but my mother and me. There were some issues with parking, as the first lot was unexpectedly unavailable because of the Jazz play-off game, and so we had to switch our parking to the Triad Center terrace parking (parking is included in the price.) They were supposed to put out a sign explaining this, but failed to do so, and our guests had a horrendous time trying to figure out where they were supposed to park. The mansion itself is absolutely beautiful, and they just repainted it and will soon be recarpeting. I absolutely loved the mansion and it was perfect for what I wanted for my wedding. Another great thing about it is that you can bring in any decorations you want, and also you can bring in your own food... they don't require that you use the Joseph Smith Memorial Building catering, although it is an option. You can't use another caterer if they're going to stay and serve the food. Overall the reception was beautiful and we loved it.

• Wedding: 04/25/2009
801-539-3130
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire