W.E.D.D. Wedding and Event Designs and Details

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Annie is amazing, awesome, professional, down - to - earth, and spunky! She is everything that my husband and I wanted in our planner. We booked Annie when we were about half way done with our planning. She helped us out tremendously with visiting the venue with us, meeting to talk about budget, being a shoulder to vent on, and blossoming into a great friend. Our day wouldn't have been the same without Annie and her awesome team! We are head over heals in love with everything about the whole WEDD team. In fact, we booked every vendor WEDD has to offer!! :)
Wedding: 05/14/2011
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
While we were planning, W.E.D.D hadn't quite formed yet, so we only used two of their services: the Crimson Petal for flowers and Fleur de Lis Events for planning/design. We were extremely happy with both of them! Our review of the Kelly at the Crimson Petal (who is fantastic in her own right) is on her separate vendor page, so I will focus on Fleur de Lis / W.E.D.D. here.

We originally went to Anne to help us decorate our ceremony space (Moulin Events in Lafayette Square). Moulin is a beautiful and unique space, but the exposed bricks and dark pillars don't exactly scream "wedding". We wanted something to make the space softer and ceremonial without being cheesy and without breaking the bank. Anne was fabulous on both counts. Working with Kelly at the Crimson Petal (also part of W.E.D.D.), Anne created an ceremony area that was perfect. When I walked down the aisle and saw everything she had done, there wasn't a single thing I would have changed Even better, Anne did this for much less than any other vendor quoted.

Less than one month out from the wedding, there was a miscommunication/disagreement with our venue about how and when we allowed to decorate. (Needless to say, I was not happy about this.) Anne completely saved the day. With little warning (and in prime wedding season), Anne was able to change our design to fit with the venue's new requirements -- and to do so in a way that was professional and relaxed. Those are exactly the characteristics that I think make her a great planner. Because of Anne, what could have been a major problem ended up barely being a blip.

Anne also handled a lot of the smaller design details of the reception, in conjunction with Kelly at the Crimson Petal. They helped with linens, the guest card table, a photo table, etc. Being able to trust them to do a great job made my day a LOT less stressful and much more enjoyable. Anne and Kelly are both professional, friendly, and have a great eye for design. I recommend them highly to anyone.

As an aside: although I didn't use the Vintage Vixen (their in-house custom dressmaker), I saw some of her dresses at their office. They were beautiful and unique. I only wish I had seen them earlier in my wedding planning, so that I could have worn one of them!
Wedding: 10/10/2010
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amanda helped me to plan a modern, beautiful wedding in 4 months. She was was available for my questions, concerns, and freak-outs. I was so clueless and overwhelmed. She would give me tasks to complete (decisions to make) with a list of vendors attached, once that was done we would move on to the next thing.
The ceremony and reception went according to schedule. Amanda was always letting us know what was coming next, what we should be doing, etc,. Also, my one shoulder dress kept coming apart--she was a lifesaver in keeping me and my dress together.
Quain (the DJ) did an awesome job. His reception planning tool helped us to plan the flow and atmosphere of the party. We heard everything we wanted, and nothing we didn't.
Abbie (the photographer) made our invitations (which, by the way, were not photo invitations). They were cool and modern, just like we wanted. She had such great input--and the price was right.
Kelly (florist) did the most georgous, unique arrangements. I had no idea what i wanted--we established what i gravitated towards and she went with it. She even helped me pick the linen colors for a total look.
Wedding: 08/27/2010
Services Used: DJ, Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Having Amanda as my day-of coordinator IS the reason that got to spend the day loving just being the bride! She handled EVERYTHING so my mother, my fiance/husband and I didn't need to and we were able to enjoy every second of the wedding and reception knowing that all of "the little things" were being taken care of!
If you haven't considered hiring a coordinator, definitely look into Amanda's 'day of' services package - it's money well spent (even though it's totally affordable) to ensure you can spend the day "being the bride" instead of dealing with all of the "Little Things"
Wedding: 11/29/2009
Services Used: Wedding Planning
 314-295-9726
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire