Reviews (11)

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Linda G. worked with me on altar arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages for my 11/06/10 wedding. The flowers for the church were gorgeous - big triangular arrangements in white with pops of red. The BM bouquets were fantastic! Linda arranged the silks and feathers I gave her with some real flowers to create them. The girls loved them. My boutonnieres and corsages were great, with the exception of my poor groom's flowers. The rose on his bout popped off right after the ceremony during the receiving line! Did not seem to be attached well to the rest of the bout. My bouquet was absolutely to die for - a huge cascade of white flowers, greenery, and ribbons. Linda was always very pleasant to work with and very creative. Minus the groom's bout, I loved my flowers from Thrifty.
Wedding: 11/06/2010
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Thrift Florist - the shop located on Telegraph Rd. - and were BLOWN AWAY by the quality. We worked directly with Dave Calcaterra and he and his shop were absolutely amazing. The price was exceptional for what we received. Everyone at our wedding was stunned by our flowers. I imagine I wasn't the easiest bride to work with because I was very particular about the flowers - color, type and arrangement. Dave and his team blew me away when I saw the final pieces. We had about 4 trials - never charged me once! - until we got it right. And then, on the day of the wedding, it was even better than expected. Dave also did the flowers for my cake. I can honestly say I've never seen a more beautiful cake in my life!!! I HIGHLY recommend calling Thrifty Florist (the one on Telegraph Rd.!!) and ask to work with Dave. He is amazing!!
Wedding: 06/12/2010
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found Thrifty Florist to be a great place for my wedding flowers. I didn't want to spend a lot and without even knowing my budget beforehand, they worked with me and I had lots of great flowers without having to shell out thousands. I worked with Linda who was very knowledgeable and helpful. My flowers were beautiful and vibrant and showed up great in the pictures. They also were delivered in a very timely manner to the church. I have no complaints about them and would recommend to any bride!
Wedding: 05/01/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Annette 5 Reviews
I went with the shop in Ann Arbor, MI and was thrilled with their willingness to work with me. They made me the most gorgeous and fragrant bouquet! The trial run was very helpful as they showed me different options regarding colors, flowers and arrangements. It was even lovelier than I anticipated. They also provided our corsages and boutonnieres, including a spare (free of charge!) for the groom so it would be fresh in the pictures after hugging so many people. I also ordered additional flowers in bulk to make my own centerpieces and the bridesmaids bouquets. It worked out perfectly and they were very accommodating.
Wedding: 05/01/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I worked with Angela and she was the best person! She was willing to work with me and to suggest things that went with my vision. I did not like that they required payment before the event, but I understood that it was a company policy, and not a reflection on the woman we loved from this company.
Wedding: 01/08/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Linda and had a great experience. She was able to work within our budget and we never felt pressured to do otherwise. When I wanted to make a few last minute changes, she was flexible and willing to meet with me and talk things over to make sure everything was just right. I was very happy with the end result and the flowers for the bouquets turned out just perfect...better than I had pictured!
Wedding: 08/15/2009
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
Linda was great however, the flowers that we ordered were to be Light pink... yet we ended up with coral pink with an orange hue... the groomsmen had the light pink we ordered (did not look good). In the end we had to run to Joann fabrics the morning of to change all the bridesmaid sashes and the centerpieces did NOT match the chair cover sashes. The bridal bouquet was to have white accent flowers in it and they were ivory/creme. Overall, not what we ordered at all and was very dissapointed with the flowers... It was a good thing the rest of the day was PERFECT! :)
Wedding: 07/17/2009
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Thrifty was a great budget flower shop. However, because they gave us a great deal, they also felt the freedom to change up our flowers at the last minute. For example, all the groomsmen were supposed to have red gerbers for their boutinneires... Instead they were all given peach because the shop forgot to order the red. Also, the bridesmaids' bouquets were not the agreed upon colors or arrangements. My flowers were beautiful, but again, the stems were about a foot long, as opposed to the 8 inches we agreed upon, they used greens that I had specifically asked them not to use, and didn't tie the stems as I had asked.
Wedding: 08/11/2007
3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This was our one problem area. The bouquets and Bouts looked fine. The centerpieces looked great also. The problem was that they didn't bring in the flowers for the cake. There was supposed to be flowers in between each layer on the cake and it was also my cake topper! So basically my cake looked like a plain white frosting cake with some ribbon on it. Luckily my coordinator at the Sterling Inn and my mom were able to take flowers from the centerpieces and put them on the cake and make it look a little better. They had tried calling the florist numerous times and never heard back from them.
I called Ruth when I got home to discuss the problems. She told me that she didn't have it written down about the cake flowers. I told her that I had it on my printed out receipt that she gave me. Then she said she found it on a scrap piece of paper. Well what good was that? Look at your computer where you have it written down. Anyway, she said she would look into it and give me a call on Monday. We'll see if I hear from her or if I'll have to call back.
They also were going to charge me an additional $25 for delivery because they said they had to go to the sterling inn twice, once to deliver the bouquets and the other to set up the venue. Well they were able to do it all at once, so that is another fee that I have to get settled. Overall the flowers looked nice, but they forgot a major part and seem very disorganized.
Wedding: 07/14/2007
3.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Beautiful flowers by a talented designer. Definately not what I would have expected from a "thrifty" florist.
Wedding: 06/15/2007
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Super nice. Catered to everything I wanted. Everything was excellent.
Wedding: 11/26/2005