The Ultimate Affair

The Ultimate Affair

Aberdeen, MD 21001
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

3.1
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

We won a gift package from Ultimate Affairs. Lindsay our wedding planner was horrible. AT first we were suppose to have a bride emergency kit, which we nevor got. The package came with the service of the wedding planner and an assiatnce for the wedding day, which she called me two days before the weding telling me the assitance could not make it. ( I was very ongra because I had ordered a plate for her as well). We et with Lindsay a mont before the wedding and she was to take over and make sure everything run smoothly the day of the wedding.

wedding August 2011
A lot went wrong at the reception. She went to the hall to make sure everything would run smoothly and problem free, (not sure what she did all afternoon), because as soon as we got to the hall I noticed problem after problem.
The tables were not set up right. The cater did ot have a tea and cuppuchino machine as we agreed on. The head table had no party favours (can you believe that) and we had 80 extra pieces of cake pops sitting in fridge in kitchen. The BIGGEST one of all was that during dinner instead of making sure everything was going well, she sat at a table and did not overlooked anything till I asked her why the food was cold, the one table was not served and the bar tenders were to go around the table to serve the wine, whcih they did not do. I had to go talk to her a few times about all the problems and she told me she would take care of it, whcih she did not do. It was a disaster.... My reception was ruined. I will never recoment her as a wedding planner....

• Wedding: 08/20/2011
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You Can't go wrong with this company"

- I am writing to personally thank you for making our wedding a memorable experience. The one factor that stood out in my mind was that you went the extra mile to ensure that we all had a great time. Although I am sure you were exhausted by evening’s end, you never lost your smile or your desire to make us all feel comfortable. It is people like you who make people like me spread the word about how wonderful the service was. You should be very proud of the work that you do. When my Uncle had lost his insulin , you made sure that there was some there in a minute to help him out, Other planners never even asked all that you did, That is why our wedding, went off without a hitch because of you !!

Please be assured that whenever I am asked about wedding services, yours will be the name that comes to mind. Again, thanks for all of your time and efforts that you put into our starting of our new life as husband and wife.

• Wedding: 07/08/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There's so much I could say about Pam. Not only were her floral arrangements gorgeous, but she was incredibly eager and willing to help out in any way possible. A week before our wedding my father had a heart attack and Pam was gracious enough to stay throughout the entire wedding and helped out way beyond what we had asked her to do. Pam took it upon herself to act as a 'coordinator' of sorts, which my family was and is still so incredibly grateful for.

• Wedding: 05/09/2008
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I could write a whole long list of reasons I would never hire Pam or Ben again, however it would be similar to the negative reviews already on here. She is disorganized and promises you the world and doesn't deliver. Lucky for her, my husband and I were less concerned with the material perfection of our wedding and more cared about our vows. We wanted to get married and that was accomplished. As far as the flowers I requested, originally it was supposed to be lillies and daisies, however, when I arrived in Maryland a few days before the wedding, my bouquet was being made with roses. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to be called about the change. The only thing that was correctly done on our wedding was the cake, well and the fact that my husband and I love each other very much and that is what matters. It doesn't matter that our planner was rude to our guests, that she ate with our guests (but did pay for herself) or that her fiance/boyfriend/husband is a little on the eccentric side. When we tried to make a complaint we were told that they did us a favor by doing our wedding for the price we paid, when really had I been from the area, I could have done the entire thing myself for probaly 1/4 of the cost. Hey she's good at one thing though, convincing you that your wedding is planned and under control when really its not. The thing is, my day only happened once, I can't redo it, and so I can only help other brides in hopes that they have a more clear picture before the day comes.

• Wedding: 12/15/2007

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I hired Pam as event planner for my daughtes wedding in Nov. 07. Pam comes across as very professional & will promise you the world but, in the end she does not live up to her obligations. On the day of the rehearsal she arrived late. On the wedding day she was rude to several guests & also got snippy with the bride. She did not set up the candy buffet as we requested, she did not place the gold overlay fabric or stagger the heights of the crystal containers. She removed the decorations, inside and outside, 40 minutes before the reception ended. Any professional planner knows that you do not remove decorations while the guests are still in attendance. I had gone over this with her before the wedding & she knew that they were to remain until 9:00 p.m. She refused to light the candles in the chapel, the father of the bride had to light them. She lost the basket the the wish cards for the "perfect pair." She did not present the groomsmen & groom with flowers until after they started taking pictures. We had to repeatedly ask for the brides & attendants flowers, Pam said that she didn't have time for that right now. Grandmothers were not given there flowers until they had already been seated in the chapel. THe arbor for the church was not decorated according to contract. She put one arrangement on the top (some of the flowers were dead) and place 2 arrangements at the base in white pots. The flowers were supposed to swag all the way down the arbor & the flowers were supposed to be in gold pots. When I asked her about the $800 she charged, after the wedding, for the arbor she said that $275 of the money was rental fee for the arbor. There was never any mention of a rental fee. Brides, you need to beware, Pam will promise you the world but, she will not follow through. When I talked to her later she had an excuse for everything and nothing was her fault. She blamed everyone else. She also likes to stir up trouble. If the price she gives you seems to good to be true then there is a reason. You only get what you pay for!!

• Wedding: 11/17/2007

Pam,
Went above and beyond for our wedding, Due to some family issues that of my mother passing so close to the wedding, I can't even begin to think of what my wedding day would have been like, the flowers was just beautiful, she and her staff turned the place in to the place it should have been in a elegant site, the guests are still talking about how wonderful it was. For planning, I can't stress how much stress she took off of my family with all that was going on. Worth every penny we spent , I can't thank Pam & Donna for all there wonderful help, the shoulder to cry on. You can't go wrong with this company..

• Wedding: 11/11/2007
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pam was so great to work with! I would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 09/22/2007
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pam was great. She by far had the best price for what I wanted and when I latter needed to add cake flowers and another centerpiece she didn't charge me anymore. My flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Also, Pam is a wedding planner as well so though I didn't hire her as my planner, she was very willing to offer suggestions and advice on other planning aspects.

• Wedding: 06/23/2007
0.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

"The Ultimate Affair was hired as florist and wedding planner for the 'day of' services. Flowers that were paid for were not delivered - among those not delivered were grooms flower, mother of the groom corsage, father of the bride, mantle flowers, wreath, engraved bucket for holding petals, many others. Numerous attempts to settle have been ignored, promises to refund have gone unfulfilled. The owner and planner(Pam) left the wedding sick, and the assistant that was left on site to fill in abandoned the wedding when asked for help in locating the missing flowers. Please carefully consider your choice if you are thinking about using this vendor. Don't let the good reviews fool you. If you look closely at the good reviews and the website for this vendor you will notice as I did the same poor sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling and language. Please feel free to contact me at my eamil address if you would like further details. Ragmancg@aol.com" "

• Wedding: 05/05/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pam did such a wonderful job on our flowers! My bridal bouquet was amazing! It even had some sparkle and pearls in it. She knew exactly what I was picturing. I loved all the flowers and she really worked to make sure the centerpieces and whole decor looked perfect for our day!

• Wedding: 04/14/2007
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The flowers were beautiful, exactly what I wanted. However, I did not receive everything that I asked for. There was supposed to be petals to be thrown after the ceremony and there were none. When I asked she (Pam) told me they were there she does not know why no one threw them. A total lie!! During the last month of wedding planning I asked her to assist with Wedding Planning services which she did half-way at best. She was to order me a cursive metal cake topper in the letter "M" with rhinestones on it. She instead went to the local craft store and bought a wooden letter "M" (not at all cursive, something you would see at Michael's) and spray painted it. And she charged me extra for it. There were other things that she was supposed to provide and when I asked her about it, she either made and excuse or flat out lied.

For floral services, she was ok. Wedding planning, a bid disappointment. Overall, would not recommend.

• Wedding: 07/24/2005
410-272-2721
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.1