Publix Bakery

Publix Bakery

Bradenton, FL
941.746.1660
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Cake was delicious! Everyone enjoyed it!!

08/03/2013

This review is not for the Publix Bakery, it is for the Publix Floral Department. The Bakery was way too expensive for what we wanted. The Floral Department, however, was AMAZING! All of our centerpieces, boutonnieres, and bouquets were done for under $100! I wish we had Publix stores here in Maryland because they were fabulous and had a great flower selection!

Services Used: Flowers
1+ year ago
3.7

More cupcake flavors would be great.

3.0

We all know publix makes the BEST cakes. They taste awesome. But my custom order cake didn't turn out quite right. On the plus side when I went in with pictures to talk about it they refunded all of my money. So here's my advice... If your going with publix for your wedding cake ( yummy) Choose one of their cake styles. If you want custom, maybe check around at other bakeries.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

You can't go wrong with a Publix cake! We chose a cake design from their book at the bakery and basically completely redesigned it to look how we wanted for our wedding. The cake decorator listened to our ideas and when I saw the cake that reception, I was so happy with how it looked! Anyone who knows Publix knows that their cake always looks delicious! You will get a better value with Publix bakery without sacrificing the beauty of the cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I couldn't be happier with my cake! It was gorgeous and I had rave reviews from people that that was the best cake they ever had. People even come to me saying they get cravings for it lol. I had a 3 tier raspberrry, lemon, and strawberry cake that I ordered fresh flowers from the florist to go on top and my caterer added them day of. I also ordered my grooms cake there. I got him a carrot cake with his high school logo on it and he was blown away. And I will be quite honest that is the best carrot cake we have ever had. I would recommend Publix bakery to everyone, they do tastings but honestly the finished product was fresher and tastier than the tasting sample they give you. trust me you won't regret it!

2+ years ago
4.7

I had ordered the raspberry elegance cake for our top cake and it was delicious!! The cake was exactly what we had ordered and was beautiful. I would love to encourage other brides to chose Publix's cakes, they are very reasonable in price and offer many different options.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I ordered six different, custom-designed cakes for a cake buffet and it was all delicious! Not only was I able to do a cake testing, but the cakes were delivered on time and in perfect condition.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I went with Publix bakery after a snag with our first bakery choice. They moved without telling us when we went to meet with them, but Publix really came through. Our wedding was on the beach and they made an awesome beach themed wedding cake which was really good. They were easy to work with and took the time to listen to us.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

All I can say is WOW.... YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was perfect! Pubix was so easy to work with. I knew exactly what I wanted.. I took a picture to them and picked out my different flavors and the cake turned out perfectly! And so yummy too!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I decided to serve our guests a Key Lime Pie, since we live in Florida and a lot of our guests were from up north. We still wanted to have a cake for cake cutting purposes. We wanted something nice, but not too expensive. I went to the Publix bakery and ordered a "mini" wedding cake. They made it exactly the way I requested, it looked beautiful, tasted great and was inexpensive. It was perfect!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Would recommend any one to buy from Publix as the service and quality is excellent. Our wedding cake was beautifully presented and delicious and value for money.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Glynn-Marshall

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I was so happy with my pick for the wedding cake. I chose one of Publix's own designs and just changed a few details. I was able to use my own seashells and deliver them to the bakery the day before the wedding. The designer talked with me and we came to agreement of how the cake would look. I had previously attended a bridal show that featured publix cakes where I was able to taste test different cakes. This was the main reason why I chose them for their taste and freshness and moderately low cost. My cake arrived at my wedding location looking more magnificent than I had every imagined. I will have Publix do all of my cakes!

3.7

Publix bakery was recommended to us by many other couples who had gotten in the area. They were really easy to work with. Obviously, you don't get the same kind of upscale and professional treatment that you would at a stand alone bakery, since this is just a part of the grocery store, but we were fine with that. The bakery provided us with tons of cake and fillings to try before ordering our cake, and it was all delicious. Ordering the cake was very easy. I wanted a "mad hatter" type of cake, and I was worried about communicating exactly what I wanted, but it turned out perfectly. The day of the wedding, our cake was delivered on time and was so yummy. My only problem with them is that I gave them swatches of the bridesmaids dresses to match the icing to (which were hot pink). When the cake was delivered, the icing was light pink. It bothered me, but I don't think that many people noticed.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Once again, my wife did most of the planning, but I went with her to the tasting and to one of the planning meetings, and the people in the bakery seemed very nice and accommodating with her wishes. And the cake tasted great. Being able to taste test custom orders at Publix was surprising to me, but it really helped us make a decision. And you can't beat the price. I would definitely recommend.