10667 Boardwalk Loop, Bradenton, FL 34202 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Pastries by Design

Pastries by Design is a custom bakery boutique specializing in unique, extraordinary and outright decadent desserts. If custom is what you need, then you are in the right place! Wedding cakes, sculpted cakes, specialty desserts and a full array of homemade bakery delicacies make Pastries by Design a premier destination when visiting Sarasota, Bradenton or Lakewood Ranch.

Great taste is our passion and customer satisfaction is our goal. Give us a call at 941-907-8222 or visit our store at 10667 Boardwalk Loop, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202!

Follow Pastries by Design on

jnot18
knot6

123 Reviews for Pastries by Design

Natalie · Married on 07/07/2018

Alex was so much fun to work with - we had scheduled a last minute tasting (just about 4 weeks before the wedding) because we had been indecisive on our cake. She assisted us right away and gave us her recommendations based on our tastes and wishes for a design. We worked with our florist to coordinate bringing fresh flowers to the reception and her team arranged them beautifully on the cake. The cake was quite possibly the most amazing cake I had ever tasted! Not to mention it was absolutely beautiful. She gladly accommodated our guests who are gluten free, and some who were both gluten and sugar-free with delicious cupcakes. That was something we had a hard time finding elsewhere and we were extremely pleased when she was so happy to assist!

• Cali

Cali · Married on 11/05/2017

After doing some research into a cake for my wedding, I made an appointment with Alex for a cake tasting for my husband and I. There are SO many different flavors to choose from, both regular and premium flavors. We picked out a handful of combinations we thought would be good and sent them to her. She had everything ready when we got to the appointment and her cakes are out of this world good!!! When we agreed she would be the one and were talking about prices, she was super straight forward with us. We wanted flowers on our cake and she told us up front "I can do the flowers in icing, but it would be cheaper to go through a florist and have real flowers" We wanted ribbon on the cake as well and she told us she could use hers or we could get it from wal mart for like .98 and just drop it off. We also had the option of renting one of her cake stands or using our own. She wasn't trying to nickel and dime us on everything, she was straight forward and after paying so much for everything else in the wedding, we really appreciated someone trying to help us save some money. That was the one of the main reasons we chose her. She also let us change stuff a few days before the wedding. I told her I wanted a cake topper that I received as a gift and she told us it was no problem. I brought the cake stand and topper to the wedding, Alex coordinated with my day of coordinator and florist to get the cake there with everything on it and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!! It looked and tasted better than I could have ever imagined and we are still getting compliments on it 2 months later. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND pasties by design for weddings and everything else!!!

Pastries by Design 1

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

I worked with Alex to make my cake for our wedding on September 3rd. The theme was Beauty and the Beast. As soon as I showed her the cake I wanted to started with ideas on how to make my dream cake, make it tasty, but still affordable! Everyone LOVED the cake and I would absolutely go there again for other events! Thank you Alex for your awesome work!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Pastries by Design 2

Pastries by Design's reply:

Nicole, Thank you for your kind words. We absolutely loved working in your cake. Congratulations!

Pastries by Design Pricing

Pastries by Design Price Rates

Pastries by Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Diabetic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

Real Weddings

• Denise Woods Weddings & Events
    Denise Woods Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Lyndsy at Pastries by Design is an absolute genius! The cake she designed for my bride and groom completely exceeded their expectations. Thanks again Lyndsy for doing what you do!

• Sarasota Catering Company
    Sarasota Catering Company Wedding Caterers

Pastries by Design makes a beautiful and tasty wedding cake. Their designs are always wonderful! We highly recommend them to our brides.

• Formalities Bridal & Tuxedo Rental
    Formalities Bridal & Tuxedo Rental Wedding Dresses

Lindseys cakes are the best in the area and she is the best to work with. When are you going to go on one of those cake design shows?

• 10667 Boardwalk Loop Bradenton, FL 34202 See on map