Partytrain Music

Partytrain Music

Music for ALL Occasions

Dyer, IN 46311 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Country, Danc...
Liability Insurance: Yes

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is at least the third time my family has used Partytrain for a wedding (maybe the 4th?) and I was definitely not disappointed! John is extremely attentive and willing to work with the bride and groom on song selections. He listened to what we want and that was especially appreciated since we don't like a lot of Top 40 hits. Our wedding music was VERY "us" and it made the whole experience extra special. He was professional, responsive, attentive, and organized. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Partytrain to anyone! I couldn't be happier with the service he provided. Thank you again!!!!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a pleasure to work with John. He was a lot of fun and really got the guests up and dancing. The music was wonderful and my parents - who have never danced together in their lives - actually danced at our wedding!!! Everything was wonderful and went without a hitch. Would definitely recommend him!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great DJ who brought a lot to the dance floor for the reception and had excellent music on hand in addition to playing all the songs we had previously requested. Through having a tornado at our outdoor event he showed great ability to roll with whatever came! He amazed us in pulling all the specific versions of songs for our wedding ceremony the week of. We definitely recommend him and hope to use his services again!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John from Partytrain was fantastic. My biggest dream for my wedding was to have all my guests dancing the entire night, and John made that dream come true! He was so flexible and accommodating when it came to obtaining & playing my family's Arabic music. Other than the great entertainment the night of my wedding, John is all around a great guy. He helped coordinate the timing of the reception so my groom and I didn't have to worry about it. I HIGHLY recommend using John from Partytrain for your upcoming wedding or event!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We spent a lot of time searching for a DJ for our wedding and we couldn't be happier we went with Partytrain. The music was exactly what we wanted and the service couldn't have been better. Our guests had so much fun and so did we. He played all the songs we requested and even took a special request from my dad the day of the wedding that made everyone laugh. Also he added some background music to one of the toasts and it was incredible. It's these things that made a very special day even more memorable and all that more special. He was very professional and we would recommend him for any event.

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review

Best DJ ever!!!
We are so grateful for John and Partytrain Music! We were very pleased with every aspect of his work. John provided professional service and wonderful music for our wedding reception. His music and lights created an atmosphere of fun and excitement, and he had 100% of our guests on the dance floor throughout the course of the evening! He went above and beyond to make our reception a success! We would highly recommend him to others for their receptions and special events!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love the fact that he hands out props, very reasonably priced too!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Partytrain was excellent, awesome, everything was perfect. He made sure he knew everyone's name and how to correctly pronounce the names, he told us what to expect from him, he asked us what songs we wanted as well as providing us with suggested songs, we changed our first dance song like a lot and never once did he complain or seem frustrated with us, he gave great props to dance with as well as taking fun pictures with them (masks, hats, hulu hoops, etc), he worked with our time, he was very very reasonable. I would deff recommend John for any event!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 12/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was not for a wedding, but for a 30 year class reunion. John was hands-done awesome! He not only provided a fun filled night, but even took over our Trivia Session, which without him it may have not been as fun.

The ironic thing is I have been to a wedding with John as the DJ, and my employer hired him without my understanding until that night. I would recommend John to any birthday, reunion, wedding, anniversary event for clients looking for a genuinely good time!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recommend John for any Parties, he did a great job for Our Wedding. We got to go see him in action at another Wedding beforehand, which was a great way to see him in his element. I had used him previously for a Birthday, but he had moved to another area since then. Glad I was able to find him again, & my now Husband was able to see firsthand why I wanted him to be the one. We didn't have to look at any further. Reasonable prices, personable, works well with what your needs are, & tries to please your guests if that's at all possible. I counted him as 1 of the guests, so that he could eat at the same time as us while working so hard for us. Many guests complimented the DJ. Thanks John, would refer you again & again;)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

John at PartyTrain was great to work with: easy going, personable, and able to work the crowd without becoming annoying or pushy (I've experienced both at weddings, and the weddings weren't remembered fondly).

He's able to go with the flow and adapts quite well. Our reception had a bit of an unusual layout where the dining room and dance floor were more separated than usual, but he worked well in it, moving into the dining room when appropriate, and coaxing people out to the dance floor at other times.

He has a huge collection of music from over the years; we're a bit of an eccentric couple, and he had the oldies we wanted played during dinner, and he was able to work with the video game music we gave him for when people were arriving. If there's any music he doesn't have that you want to play, he will work with it, but you have to give it to him as a CD (a slight inconvenience for us, but very minor in the big scheme of things).

Overall, John was a great choice for our DJ, and very very reasonably priced; beforehand, I was a little concerned about how much work I'd have to do during the reception to make sure people were having a good time, but to my surprise, John pretty much took care of all of it, so me and my bride could just relax and enjoy ourselves. He probably ought to increase his prices, considering the value he brought to our wedding reception. ;-)

Partytrain Music responded with the following comments:

Thanks for this review and I appreciate the honest feedback. Normally I am able to obtain music requests that I currently don't have in my collection. In this case the bride/groom requests were just before the reception and I didn't have the ability to download them last minute. For this nice couple I had asked them to bring the requests on a CD. Most DJ's require music requests 2 weeks before the reception. I'm more flexible than that. But I do appreciate this review. Thanks again!

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John LeRose/Partytrain Music was one of the highlights that made my 25th wedding anniversary party a success!! I had been to two other events with him playing the DJ, so I knew he would be awesome. I told him exactly what kind of music I wanted to play but requests were fine. His interaction with the crowd was a blast and his props were very entertaining. The lazzer lights made it festive. His fees were very reasonable so I was able to book him longer than I wanted!! I would highly recommend John but I wouldn't wait to long to book him because he is a busy well known DJ!! Kim

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John PartyTrain Disc Jockey was sooo much fun! everyone was saying how much fun they had no one wanted the night to end! He is by far the BEST DJ ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were ppl on that dance floor ALL night long!!!

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

John kept the crowd on the floor & the props he used with some songs were a hit! I would recommend Party Train to anyone!!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
0.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Very unsatisfied with the service that was provided. Lots of shady things happened, and basically, a week before the wedding, was told partytrain would be my dj.

He did communicate well, but if he actually retained anything that was told or emailed to him, that's another story. I had a list of 5 songs that I wanted played, and he did not play one of them. He also felt the need to introduce each song like it was a radio station. He did not have the bridal party entrance song (which was not an uncommon song), and told me in email the night before.

He had no desire to get the crowd going, and played 70's music, which I told him I did not like.

Be careful booking partytrain.

*** This would still have been the review I gave, minus, this DJ being thrown at us at last minute. Apparently, it was last minute for us, but both parties knew a few months in advance. While we were grateful someone showed up, this was NOT what I had in mind. Maybe the other reviewers has such positive experiences, because the DJ actually wanted to be there. We were not given 100%, not even 80%. Like I said, he was responsive in emails, but once there, it was different.

Partytrain Music responded with the following comments:

This wedding was handed to me from another DJ at the last minute and the bride is taking her anger on the other DJ out on me. The rest of the reviews here from all the other brides on this site tell the real story.
John from Partytrain

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John LeRose/Partytrain Music is hands down the best DJ service around. John really knows how to get the party started, and keep it going to the very last dance. He has an amazing way of feeling out the crowd to know what it takes to get everyone on the dance floor and he is so entertaining himself. He was literally the ringleader of the entire day, keeping everything on track after interviewing us and asking the right questions to know exactly what we wanted to happen and when. I never realized how much responsibility is put on the DJ for keeping the flow of a wedding going smoothly until we met with John. During our interview with John he had a very thorough check list of options that led us through our entire day. So many things we had not even thought of. We greatly benefited from John's many years of experience in the wedding business. He knows what works well and what doesn't and had many great suggestions. After our interview with John, for the first time during our wedding planning, we felt like we really had a handle on how our big day should go. John is very professional, reliable and has an amazing knack for details. He is very personable and approachable and great with people (big crowds). He has our deepest appreciation for doing such a stellar job at our wedding and we highly recommend him to every bride lucky enough to book him for your special day.

• Wedding: 08/19/2011
219-865-9884
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire