Ocean Blue Videography
Award Winning Wedding Filmmaker
942 Lovell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008  | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Storytelling
Packages: Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited Video, High...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I left a review on Yelp, but I liked her so much that I came here to leave her the same review.

I am so happy we had Van as our videographer for our wedding. Our highlight was done so nicely that I kept on watching it over and over. Van is pleasant to work with, she is the sweetest girl! She is prompt with all her emails and is able to answer all my questions. She was also able to help me with my wedding timeline to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible. Every interaction with her was pleasant - from initial contact, to officially booking her services, to each planning stage and then the final big day! If I can give her more than 5 stars I would!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our videographer came as a recommendation to us from our photographer. This was one of the BEST decisions we made in choosing a videography company. We did a love story video which was played at our reception. I came up with an idea and Van came up with an awesome concept that the crowd loved. Everyone laughed, some cried, but all LOVED the video as we did too. Ocean Blue is definitely the company for you if you need a videographer.
Wedding: 10/07/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I am thrilled that we found Van to be our wedding videographer!

After a couple weeks of stalking videographer sites I stumbled onto Ocean Blue Videography. The video samples they had on their site were wonderful and exactly how I wanted our video to turn out. I could also tell that Van had a great eye for picking up the really important moments in a wedding and setting these perfectly to music. I mean, when you're crying while watching a wedding video of random strangers you know that you've found someone very talented.

We met with Van and while her standard package prices were above our budget she was able to customize a package for us which fit all of our needs, I was soooo happy! On the wedding day she was very professional as was her second cameraman. They did not get in the way at all and most of the time we did not even know that they were there.

We received our videos last weekend and were so excited but nervous about what to expect. I was really hoping the video would be as good as some of the samples I saw. When both I and my husband started crying about 5 seconds into the video I knew that we'd made the right decision by working with Ocean Blue and Van. The video was fantastic and to me it was even better than the previous samples I had seen, I might be biased though. I'm so happy that we'll have this video to show to our kids and grandkids! Besides capturing all of the emotions perfectly I also noticed that the visual quality was amazing, it really looked like a movie, starring us. Van also made sure to use shots where everyone looked fantastic, I can't wait for our grandkids to remark how hot grandma and grandpa were back in the day!

All joking aside, the experience was wonderful and I'll be recommending Van/Ocean Blue to anyone who wants a talented videographer! Thank you Van!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We started planning our wedding in advance. By 11 months until our wedding, we had all our vendors selected and the venue locked up. We didn't book a videographer or a wedding planner as we were really trying to keep things within our budget. As the wedding day approached, we started to debate whether or not we wanted video at our wedding. After talking to our newly hired wedding planner (yes, we panicked!! But she was a lifesaver) she recommended Van at Ocean Blue to us. We looked at her work and we were very impressed. Upon contacting her, she was very responsive to our email. She got back to us and happily our date was available. We weighed a few options and were happy to see she was really flexible with different plans and features. We met with Van and new it was going to be a great fit. She is really nice, easy to work with, excellent communication, she knows her stuff. On our wedding day, she was everywhere! She picked up so many queues and items that we didn't even notice ourselves! She captured all the truly important moments and the video was ultra high quality. Also, she knows exactly where to position herself and blend in, as she got so many awesome shots and I never even noticed she was even there.

She has excellent post production and gave us a truly incredible highlight video! We showed it to our entire family and they were equally impressed. We decided to hold off on a full length production video as it was a little out of budget, but Van gave us all the video she took. How many vendors do that?! We are going to go back to her in April after we save up a little more and get our complete wedding video produced.

We are now tremendously grateful that we decided to have a videographer and that we found Van and Ocean Blue. After looking at the pictures and video of the wedding, it's the video (rather than the pictures) that truly allows us to reminisce on the event, and reminds us of how much fun and how memorable our special day was. If you are on the fence about video, do it, don't even hesitate for a second, it's worth every single penny. Van is the very best, give her a call. Thank you Van!
Wedding: 09/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Van is the sweetest person that I have ever met! It was such a pleasure working with Van and her team. Van was punctual, accommodating, and very professional. She is very timely in her correspondances. She worked very well with and around all of my vendors, and made me feel very comfortable throughout my wedding day. I had complete trust in Van.

I received my wedding video last week....it was breathtaking. After the first few seconds of watching the wedding video, both my husband and I were already in tears. She was able to capture the most touching moments and even caught beautiful moments that I can't even recall (like the endearing look on my dad's face watching me fix my veil - I didn't even know he was standing behind me). Van's videography not only captured priceless moments...it told a story. Although the wedding was many months ago, watching the video made us feel like it was just yesterday.

There is no doubt that Van will give you the wedding video of your dreams. I given her my wholehearted recommendation. Look no further. Your best wedding planning decision will be choosing Van (Ocean Blue Videography) as your videographer!
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Van did a fantastic job shooting and making a wonderful movie of our wedding!! We loved it so much and watched it again and again. It has been more than 6 months, but her video made us feel like it was just yesterday. It brings back all the memories of that special day. Her film is very carefully edited so it makes us really feel like watching a movie with a beautiful story well written. She managed to use all the songs that we loved and had meanings to us, and magically made them all work together, and mixed smoothly with the video. Both my husband and I are Chinese, and my parents only speak Chinese. Van also speaks Chinese so she can mix all the speeches and talk in Chinese into the video beautifully. This means a lot to us and our family! This is truly a movie about us, about love and all the sweet memories... I can see myself watch it again and again, and maybe one day playing to our future kids, and let them know how mom and dad designed the wedding together and made it happen with all friends and family.

Before we decided to use her as our wedding videographer, we have searched high and low for a good one also within our limited budget. I still remember all those interviews of potential videographers, and all the videos we watched. We finally decided on her, simply because of her style of story telling, feels very nature and touching. I'm a visual designer so I'm very picky and detail oriented when dealing with anything related to visual. The result of her hard work is not disappointing. I'm very impressed and satisfied! Van and her team are very professional. They arrived on time, there are actually three cameras rolling at the same time, so she can capture different angles to make the video more interesting, that also adds much more work to her, more footage to go through, more film to edit. I also really like she uses Canon Mark II, when she was shooting my guests, they all thought she was only taking photos, so they are more relaxed. She also interviewed our family and friends. Now looking back, it makes the video even more special to hear and watch those blessings as well as behind of scene footages.

Wedding is a very expensive event, with so much preparation, time and effort my husband and I have done ourselves in 7 months, now Van's work made it all worthy... because we have something to remember by. We are so glad we didn't cut our budget on videography, and we are even more glad that we have chosen Van! Highly recommended!
Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ocean Blue Videography is very responsive, easy to communicate, the final video is way beyond our expectation. It is a pleasant to work with them.
Wedding: 01/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
OceanBlue came recommended to us last minute and we could not have been more lucky!! Van did a beautiful job of recording all of our best wedding moments. First we almost forgot we even had videographers present because they were out of sight most all of the day / night. Once we got our video they caught every important moment plus moments we did not even see!!! OceanBlue was everything we hoped it would be. Van is sooo sweet and nice plus VERY conscientious regarding the finished product. I can say I would use OceanBlue again for any special event moving forward.
Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hers - Ocean Blue did an amazing video for us. It was touching, full of humor and beautiful - exactly what I wanted, and even more than I expected. Ocean Blue is a perfect vendor. Van is such a nice person, and from the moment we met her, I felt right away that she is doing her job very professionally and she is trustworthy. Something that I found so important is that Ocean Blue does not bother the couple before the wedding. I think it is a great relief since we have so many other things to deal with right before the wedding. There were maybe 2 or 3 times when we emailed each other. We highly recommend meeting her in person so you can see what a great vendor you will be dealing with :)
The location was Fairmont hotel in August 2010. She was our favorite vendor!!!

His - Van is such a sweet person and very very professional. Her editing for our film was both precise and moving. She did an amazing job with coupling non related audio with both images and audio taken throughout our day. She coupled our music selection lyrics to her raw footage. She even gave us the tapes of the raw footage, 5 DVDs and a BlueRay. she did an absolutely beautiful job and I would recommend her to any couple seeking a videographer. They are insightful, resourceful, skilled, professional, creative and genuinely good people.
Wedding: 08/28/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ocean Blue Video just completed our wedding video. Although we had seen many beautiful videos as samples on their website we were unprepared for how ours would look (we are an average couple and it was a small wedding). Van Hsieh delivered the most amazing video that totally caught us by surprise! She captured all of our best moments and told a sweet love story in her editing that is beautiful and personal! Her style is elegant with a lot of flare. Although she was quiet and unobtrusive at the event, I was very comfortable as she gave me direction on what she wanted to see. It was well worth following her lead – I am so happy with the results! She’s a professional – kind and considerate with amazing talent! It’s wonderful to have a beautiful lasting memory of our wedding and reception. She was worth every penny! We would highly recommend her!
Wedding: 03/27/2010

Christine 1 Reviews
Ocean Blue Video just completed our wedding video. Although we had seen many beautiful videos as samples on their website we were unprepared for how ours would look (we are an average couple and it was a small wedding). Van Hsieh delivered the most amazing video that totally caught us by surprise! She captured all of our best moments and told a sweet love story in her editing that is beautiful and personal! Her style is elegant with a lot of flare. Although she was quiet and unobtrusive at the event, I was very comfortable as she gave me direction on what she wanted to see. It was well worth following her lead – I am so happy with the results! She’s a professional – kind and considerate with amazing talent! It’s wonderful to have a beautiful lasting memory of our wedding and reception. She was worth every penny! We would highly recommend Ocean Blue!
Wedding: 03/27/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't thank Van enough for such a beautiful final product. She provided excellent customer service on the day of the wedding and all the days leading up to it. I just got my DVD from her last week and everything we talked about during the meetings months before were included in the DVD (even things I forgot about!) I loved how she let my husband and I pick out the songs for our DVD. It made the final product more personable and special. Van captured all the main events throughout the day (mother zipping dress, getting ready, cake cutting, toast, all the dances....etc) I had a large bridal party and a fairly large wedding and I did not even notice Van or her partner filming. She really captured the day and documented it in a way that tells a story.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I hired Van. I got to see parts and people at the wedding that I missed out on. Lastly, her prices were very reasonable for the service she offered. She and her staff were extremely polite and arrived at each location on time and ready to go. When I went to pick up the DVD's she had burned several copies for our family. The cover to the DVD matched the invitation to our wedding.

Thanks Van:-)
Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW! I cannot thank Van and her team enough for capturing and creating a wonderful wedding video/momento for my husband and me. We received our wedding video last week and just love it!

Do not be fooled by Van's quiet demeanor. She knows and has an artistic eye for exactly what will capture your special day - down to details, colors and important moments. Van is extremely organized and went over every detail of my wedding ceremony and reception beforehand. I told her what I was looking for in a wedding video - something classic, timeless and tasteful. Nothing corny or silly. I also asked her to be sure to record special family members, which she did. With the cd of songs that I gave her, she produced a beautiful video. My husband and I had debated about the need for a wedding videographer. After seeing Van's work, we are so SO glad we booked her. Her work professionally done and is perfectly edited with smooth transitions from scene to scene. Friends and family have also mentioned that it was "worth it" to have a videographer after viewing our "wedding story." Pictures capture beautiful moments, but a videographer further captures special words, looks, and speeches that you may forget years down the line. Our video is a perfect way to remember our wedding from start to finish with all our important moments, friends and family included.

Additionally, Van and her team were punctual (even early!), very polite and friendly to all our wedding guests. She is also very accessible by email. As someone who watched my wedding budget, she is also very reasonably priced.

Thank you, Van! I HIGHLY recommend Ocean Blue Video!
Wedding: 05/30/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is only one first time to every first time. A moment is only a moment, but with Ocean Blue Videography that moment in time will forever be that first time every time after.
Quick History: Jen & I met one of Van’s collogues during a wedding MC& Photography event in 2007. After viewing his video we recommended him to a close friend however he was not available and recommend Van. At first we paid her little attention as she was on the quiet side occasionally interacting with her only to help sync the events. The video came out great, with that when it came to our turn we approached her and ask her for her package and prices. I can remember that she was a quite a professional business women that day. She laid out the package clearly and we negotiated the details. I could remember telling her that I would think about it later. She came back with a proposition that made it hard for me to turn down. That was our first business interaction with Van. I made it clear to her that the pre wedding Love story was a very important part of our wedding as it will be played in a planetarium theater like setting in front of 200+ guests. I told her that I am very open to creativity and that I welcomed her to use my wedding to expand on any new ideas that she might have. I told her that on the Big Day I would have a good friend be her helper the whole day. Any big or little requested would be accommodated. Wow was the end product video great! I would not say that it was the wildest or most creative video I have seen. Given the factors of satisfying a certain conservative group and a few radical viewers she did an amazing great job! We all know that a great wedding really depends on many factors but I am so confident that whatever your level is Van’s work will make that wedding at least 50% better. I have made about a million copies of our wedding DVD’s and have passed them out. I have gotten back so much positive comments. A few negative from older family members whom wanted to focus longer on the ceremonies and traditions. But if Van did this I am sure 99% of the viewers would fall asleep half way. Her video style and transitions can be on the conservative side for me but her creativity and thoroughness shines through the details. She will get the job done and at time you will almost forget she is there.
I hope this review can help you decide as we have learned that a wedding videographer does make an immense difference, it’s just with Van that difference is like that first time every time.
I welcome any questions related to your wedding as it took me a year to plan and would love to share my insight to any of your thought or questions. If you are interested in sampling our video just give me a ring or ask Van for a link. May you have a great day & do remember to drink enough water.
Dung (Young) 510-913-7273 cell Video 10/04/08
Wedding: 10/04/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Van is awesome and really willing to work with you even to the last detail. I communicated to her what we wanted (even on the design of the dvd, video style, etc) and she really made it happen. She's very professional, responsive, easy to work with and has absolutely the best customer service! She'll really make sure you're happy with what you get. Several of my friends have used her and we're all highly satisfied.

She also went above and beyond our expectations by helping us rent projectors and screens from another vendor. They gave us 25% discount because of her. This was more than $150 savings given the amount of equipment we had to rent. She offered to help us when she found out in the middle of our planning that we needed to rent equipment. This shows that she truly cares for her clients and understands their concerns especially around wedding expenses.

On the wedding day, Van showed up to the hotel, church and reception on time. It was easy to coordinate with her during the planning and she executed everything we talked about perfectly. Her videos are amazing and working with her is great! You don't need to stress since Van has every detail covered. She has a questionnaire that she asks you fill out near the wedding day to make sure she can capture every important memory on video. She's well-prepared and experienced. You'll be in good hands with her.

We just got our video and we're very happy with how it turned out! She delivered it within the promised timeline of 3 months! I'm so proud to share our video with family and friends. My husband didn't want a videographer at first, but now, he said that he would have regretted not hiring Van. I'm so glad we did. Highly recommend Ocean Blue Video!
Wedding: 04/26/2008
 408-316-3932
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire