Reviews (22)
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
Married 2 Events was recommended to me by our reception venue. The service, professionalism and end product were all amazing. I was so pleased with the out come of my wedding reception. Although I'd had an issue with a no-show photographer on my wedding day, I was so very pleased once I finally arrived at my reception and it took my mind off all that had gone wrong that day and I was stress-free and able to enjoy my reception without worry of unprofessionalism or sub-par decor. Thank you Married to Events for helping my day stay memorable .
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor

Patricia 1 Reviews
Five stars are not enough to rate Married 2 events. Maxine was a godsend. She was not only our caterer/designer but became my fairy godmother. She made our wedding the perfect elegant yet comfortable event. Everyone who attended could not stop talking about how wonderful everything looked to how amazing Chef Williams food was. The food was not only amazing but in abundance. Maxine's floral designs and table settings were picture perfect. Even down to alternating the napkins from white to yellow caught everyone's eye. Every detail was attended to. The servers, Nicole and Andrew, were also so professional and attentive. They were just fantastic. Everyone from Married 2 Events became like family. I could go on and on.
Wedding: 07/26/2013

Wei 1 Reviews
Overall, my experience working with Married 2 Events was pleasant and easy. Maxine and her husband are passionate, patient and professional. Maxine really cares about every detail about my wedding, my menu, and things that I did not pay attention to. What impressed me the most is that her husband created a new Asian-fusion menu especially for my wedding guests that was really unique and wonderful. As a result, my wedding turned out beautifully and the food was really amazing. Of course, I was in a tight budget and Married 2 Event provides reasonable price with great service and support.

I highly recommend them as an Asian client.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vendor catered a Career Conference for the USPS and everything was perfect. We invited them back for the 2nd day because of how pleased we were with their service. I highly recommend the use of this vendor.
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Bee 1 Reviews
They were absolutely great, very professional, courteous and very flexible. One stop shop for all bride to be!
Wedding: 12/31/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Lighting & Decor

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I was so fortunate to find Maxine Huggins and her company Married 2 Events online. I was a bride on a budget, but still wanted the glitz and glam of a fancy wedding. Thanks to Maxine I was able to have that and more. I rented my centerpieces from her which came with her awesome decorating services. Instead of relying on family and friends to decorate for my ceremony, I used Maxine. We met twice and designed everything together. She was very sensitive to my ideas and offered some beautiful ones of her own. I was so relieved to have all of this off of my checklist. Such relief for a hectic bride. She was professional, on time, and everything looked beautiful. I had so many compliements and I made sure to give her all of the credit. I highly reccommend Maxine and her company for any event. She is awesome!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My wedding was absolutely beautiful. The decorations were amazing and the price was good too. Weddings can be very expensive but with married2events I did not have to pay as much as I would at most places for catering and decorations.

The only thing that married 2 events doesn't have is their own hall, which I hope with time they will get one because I know they will not charge exorbitant prices, but rather more reasonable ones.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Tiffany 1 Reviews
It was very wonderful working with Ms. Maxine for my wedding. Her ideas were great and the colors that she used for the flowers matched the lighting perfectly.
Wedding: 06/24/2012
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

vivian 1 Reviews
My wedding reception was beautiful!
Wedding: 05/19/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You ever try to throw a surprise baby shower when you live 750 miles away from the guest of honor? I hope that you don't, but if you do, hire Married 2 Events. Maxine was awesome in helping me conceptualize, plan, organize and complete an awesome and GORGEOUS baby shower for my best friend and mother to my brand new twin goddaughters. I'm a worrier and perfectionist especially when it comes to events. Maxine helped me keep my cool when we had hiccups (momma to be started having contractions a few days before the surprise shower [8 weeks early] and was put on hospital bed rest). Maxine helped me move the event to another date, changed it to a "Sip & See" and since I couldn't be there (I had already flown out for the first surprise and was unable to come back again) she sent me text messages during the event with pictures and updates. I've been receiving praise and thanks from all of the attendees for throwing such a wonderful event, but all of the credit goes to Maxine and Married 2 Events.
Wedding: 08/06/2011
Services Used: Catering, Favors & Gifts
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Married 2 Events on September 11, 2010 for my wedding catering. I contacted Maxine very close to my wedding because my previous catering company confused my date with another brides and double booked! I was devestated!!!! Maxine was very understanding of my circumstances from day one and reassured me that she and her staff would not have a problem catering my affair on such short notice....I must admit that I was hesitant about booking with the company because of my previous experience, and because of some of the negative things I saw posted on this very site. However I took all the reviews into consideration and decided that the good out weighed the bad, and thus my experience with Married 2 Events began.

On the day of my wedding Maxine and her staff arrived on-time as scheduled and my coordinator stated that they were professionally dressed and very nice to all of the vendors. Everything was WONDERFUL! The food was excellent, just as it was at our tasting! All of my guest commented about how organized the reception seemed to be, and were happy that they all got served very quickly. The food was warm, and plentiful.

I am so pleased that we used Married 2 Events for our special day, my husband and I could not have asked for a better blessing. After the wedding was over my new husband and I personally thanked Maxine and Chef Will, for all that they have done to make our wedding dreams come true.

If you are looking for a catering company that will provide excellent service and work with you to customize your perfect day, I would highly recommend married 2 events. I will be using them in the future for other special occasions.

Nancy and Keith
Wedding: 09/11/2010
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
My husband and I would like to share our experience with this caterering company. Married2Events looks great on paper, ex. pictures and prices and menu, etc. However this was far from what we have experienced in doing business with them. After giving Maxine (owner) four payments between April 2010 to July 2010 totaling to $4,000.00 they never showed up to do my wedding. In fact due to an disagreement the owner and I had at a family member wedding who has also left a review, although Maxine is denying doing business with her,Maxine decided to cancel doing my wedding which was 11 days away!! In addition to canceling my wedding due to a personal vendetta aganist me she also decided not to refund our $4,000! My husband and I was EXTREMLY distraught and left with no choice but to pursue legal matters with this company. On a lighter note due to help from family and friends and more money out of our pockets, we had a beautiful wedding 11 days later! But please future brides be aware that this company is not yet ready to be left with the responsibility of the most inportant day of our lives! Its stressful enough to plan a wedding, but its even more upsetiing to deal with losing your money and having to do everything over from scratch in 11 days and have to spend MORE money! I WISH SOMEONE HAD WARNED US! Please look for more experienced caterers with past clients that can voche for them. Oh and make sure those clients aren't family members. If you would like more info I can be reached at melittadogan@yahoo.com. Good Luck future brides!!
Married 2 Events responded with the following comments:
Unfortunately Married 2 Events had to cancel this clients wedding due to an UNPAID BALANCE and breach of contract. Not in any manner did Married 2 Events take money from this client and NOT show to the event (that would be stealing) This client was well aware that Married 2 Events would not be showing due to LACK OF PAYMENT OF THE BALANCE, and client was also aware that ALL DEPOSITS were final at the time of contract signing but Married 2 Events made an exception and client was offer 10% back of the total payments, which client DECLINED to receive. Married 2 Events did everything beyond our policy to continue on with this event. Customer was given 3 final payment extensions to pay balance leading up to a week before the even, but client NEVER PAID and admitted that it was her fault for not paying balance in full and on time.

Maxine, Owner of Married 2 Events went above and beyond for this client, but only to received terrorist threats by client and family members who thought that they should have been hired to cater and decorate the event.
Married 2 Events is a very professional and trust worthy company. We go above and beyond for clients to make their events a success. Sadly some clients don't appreciate it and think because they build a casual friendship with the owner that they do not have to pay their deposits on time and in full, but still receive service. Married 2 Events is like any other professional catering company, if balance is not paid in full no services will be rendered.
Wedding: 08/08/2010
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Prior to the wedding everything seemed good. Prices seemed good also, but towards the end since the PROFESSIONAL didn't do a official count of everything needed, I found myself going back and forth to the store with new things that she forgot to tell me to get even up until 2 days before my wedding I was still buying things. At the wedding everthing fell apart. The wedding itself was excellent , the service and the food was horrible. Macoroni and cheese was very dry, looked like someone put a bag of cheese in it and FORGOT to bake it, bone less chicken was pink inside, ran out of broccli I paid for 150 people and only 75-90 showed up and. you ran ot of the vegtables. Guests told me the day after my wedding that best thing was the salad. Owner MAXINNE told me "it was my fault because I went to take pictures for my wedding so I was inconsidered of my guests and thats why the food was the way it was." As a PROFESSIONAL caterer you are supposed to be ready for everything, any curve balls . Maxinne also did my decor which was good, but because I didnt buy last minute things that she wanted she was angry. Maxinne Left the VENUE where I got married a mess CHURCH OR ANNOCIATION I got a phone call telling me that nothing was cleaned up in the kitchen and trash was also left everywhere. Made a phone call to her today on my way to my HONEYMOON, about missing decor. She was cursing and pointing the finger instead of taking any responsibility. I could really go on but bottom line is that she is really unprofessional no matter what the situation is around you when you have a businesses whatever happens there is an outlook on you and thats where you professionalism is supposed to come in. I can say this her servers where good that was it EVERYONE at my wedding asks me who was the lady (MAXINNE) with the frowned up face.
Married 2 Events responded with the following comments:
Married 2 Events is not surprised at such a negative and UNTRUE review. Maxine of Married 2 Events always kept a professional relationship with this client and all parties involved from beginning to end. And Maxine always……….has a smile on her face. Maxine went out of her way for the client to ensure her day would be perfect and beautiful, but it all went unappreciated, due to the client letting “people” bad mouth her caterer/decorator because they felt as though they should have been doing the job., which was said to Maxine from the clients cousin listed above. Maxine of Married 2 Events noticed a change in the client’s behavior/attitude after a meeting at the church that Maxine attended to “help out” with seating arrangements and room set-up. Everything seemed fine, until Maxine began to give the “coordinator”, the clients aunt PROFESSIONAL advice on how to set-up the room, AWAY from hot burning chafers. The clients aunt became offended and felt less professional in front of her family…it was not Maxine’s intentions to make her feel that way, but from that moment began a bunch of backbiting, and ghetto-ness…. Maxine did try reaching the client 2 days prior to her wedding because client added on additional guest and did not pay additional for the décor, so Maxine was calling to get payment for additional decorations. After unsuccessfully reaching the client, Maxine, Owner of Married 2 Events bought the decorations out of her own pocket, to ensure every table was decorated, and she did it with a smile, she was never angry. Maxine is a very kind hearted and giving individual, so anyone who knows her knows that isn’t true. It seemed the closer it got to the event the client became frustrated, which is understandable during such a time, but client handled her frustration in a negative way….by...taking 3 hours to take pictures, which was more than half of the reception time, so there was nooooo way the chicken was uncooked because it sat on the chafers the whole time., and was fully cooked prior to arrival. Married 2 Events did periodically shut burners off so food wouldn’t over cook, but that couldn’t continue thru-out the night, so that could explain dry Macaroni, but again it was fully cooked prior to arrival. Food that’s left on heat for an extensive amount of time will be horrible. Married 2 Events did everything they could to prevent the client’s food from being ruined. Maxine asked “coordinator/aunt” multiple times did she know when the reception would start, she also made the aunt aware of the food drying out, but her request to have the ceremony started was ignore. Married 2 Events handled the 3hr curve ball as long as it was possible. Married 2 Events NEVER EVER leave trash at a hall…client made this up to try to get a refund, but wasn’t aware that caterer took pictures AFTER CLEANING UP. Caterer showed pictures to hall to clear their name. Married 2 Events handled the whole situation very professional while the client and her family acted as if they were on the streets, breaking glasses, doing things to be spiteful, destroying linens , throwing away silverware and walking around saying vulgar language to the staff she says was so good. The family and friends of this wedding went hay wild and acted very ghetto. The husband, whom Maxine never met until the day of the wedding even came into the kitchen acting uncivilized demanding boxes that he nor his wife provided to take their centerpieces home. Again..this whole client relationship went south after the meeting with her family and friends….Client even walked passed Maxine as she reached out to give her a hug on her “so special” day…she walked right pass…as if it was cute to ignorant. To this day...Maxine does not know what the “real” issues were. Client must have thought this type of behavior would be acceptable since her and Maxine, owner of Married 2 Events was born and raised in North Philly, but it was not… Maxine and Married 2 Events have a very professional reputation. To view pictures of this wedding please click the link http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=453971611689&set=pb.108739766689.-2207520000.1359425258&type=3&theater

Wedding: 07/25/2010
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Married 2 Events for our wedding reception. Three to Four months before the event we went to there home for a tasting. The food was excellent. We were sold. The price was right, they even set us up on a reasonable payment plan. Maxine is very good with decorations. She is actually excellent. She is very creative and puts her heart into her decor. The team arrived on time, set up was great, the servers were professional and did an excellent job.

My issue
I am not sure what happened from the time we have the tasting to the event but the food was not good at all. We had appetizers (brushetta and sesame seed chicken), the bread for the brushetta was hard as a rock. Nothing like the tasting.

On the menu we had :
Three cheese baked zita
Beef stir fry & rice
Stuffed chicken breast-rice/garlic mashed potatoes/string beans

The guest complained that the food was not good at all. It was dry and had no taste. the beef was very tough, the zita was dry not enough sauce and there wasn't much cheese, the chicken should have been stuff with rice and it was stuffed with what appeared to be a creamy broccoli. All of this surprised us because the tasting was so good. My husband and I were very disappointed.

At first we were thinking that maybe the food was heated up too long, the reception was behind schedule but for the fact it was not only dry but had no taste led us to believe that it was just the food. We read to many good reviews about them so, we are just disappointed.
Married 2 Events responded with the following comments:
Married 2 Events would like to thank the client for their positive feedback and apologize to the couple for any inconveniences. However due to the absent of a wedding coordinator Married 2 Events had no time to make the proper adjustments due to the wedding starting nearly 3 hours behind schedule.
Married 2 Events did prepare the same menu that was presented at the tasting, all menu choices are written on contracts to prevent this confusion. I'm unsure why they client thought it was different.
Married 2 Events thanks the client for their business and wished them the best with their future and new life together! :)
Wedding: 07/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I enjoyed working with Married2events. The staff were personable and very professional, The prices were great, and the rentals looked beautiful.
Wedding: 05/08/2010
Services Used: Flowers, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Married 2 Events did a fantastic job with the decorations and the food for the church's first anniversary. We were outdone by the attention to details and how everything went well and on time. There was more than enough food even for unexpected guest. I will recommend and use them again and again as long as the quality of service remains the same, professional, respectfuly and well planned. Thanks
Wedding: 05/01/2010