Manor at Catlin Court

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kent and Nancy are the owners. They maintain the property very well. It has an antique charm without trying to hard. The location was great for us because we had a December wedding and the streets where all lit up in Christmas lights. Kent and Nancy were very helpful throughout the process; we used the vendors they recommended for DJ, food, and bar and they were all great! They also have several decorations and centerpiece options so you don't have to buy them. They were always available to answer questions and replied to emails daily. The only thing I noticed was that they are very strict with their policies. So just be prepared to follow the rules and not bend them even the slightest bit. We did have some level of misunderstanding as far as the cleaning of the venue went. We were told by Kent and Nancy we needed to remove all items we brought in and their staff took care of all the trash and cleaning. The day of the wedding the gentleman that was cleaning the venue as we were packing up our stuff told my in-laws they needed to pick up the trash that was left. Our catering staff did a good job of picking up most of the stuff so there wasn't much left. But whatever was left should not have been upto us to clean up. Besides that my only complaint is not about the venue or the owners...but I did hire the wedding coordinator they provide for $40/hr. She was difficult to work with ever since the rehearsal. She knew what she was doing except she wanted us to do things in a very traditional way and we had planned a few things in not so traditional ways, this clearly annoyed her. The day of the wedding she was not very nice or helpful and was very rude to several of the bridesmaids and the photographer. But in the end we had an amazing wedding...everything went smoothly and beautifully!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks so much to Kent and Nancy with The Manor at Catlin Court! They truly made our wedding day special and worry free. They took great care in decorating and accommodating our every desire. They are truly wonderful people who take pride in paying attention to detail. The venue was beautiful and all of our guests loved the intimacy of it all. I highly recommend The Manor to anyone wishing to host a special event! It also doesn't hurt that Nancy can sew a bridesmaid back into her dress if she decides to rip it seconds before walking down the aisle :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The Manor is a venue where you don't have to worry about forgetting anything. They take care of everything and are so detailed orientated that there is no way anything can be over looked. They provided a list of additional people and companies that have been used by them and that were recommended such as photographers, bartenders, DJ's, etc. They also have an event coordinator that can be hired that made sure everything was perfect!!!

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, we enjoyed your wonderful family and sharing your event at our venue.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago
1.9

The owners are so sweet and it's a small place decent priced and they seemed so helpful, few rules were told to us the only one that stood out to us was we had to use smokeless sparklers and no confetti. However the day we showed up we had the venue at 1pm and my 70 something year old grandparents showed up at 10 till to help my mom set up and they had the gate locked and my grandparents asked if they could just sit inside the gate until one and they gave them a horrible look and barely let them sit there. then we set up the table with the sparklers ($180 on enough smokeless sparklers, like they said, for our guests) and guess what NO SPARKLERS ARE TO BE USED AND WE WILL CALL THE COPS ON YOU is what we were told. Now I wouldnt have a problem with no sparklers but thats NOT what we were told. Then my husband and I did signature cocktails (mixed drink shots) and the venue told the bartenders that the MOTHER OF THE BRIDE said no shots were to be served when my mom NEVER said that and she confronted them and their response was well in our experience shots lead to people ruining the party. Again I wouldnt have done that had I known thats how they felt but that was never told to us AND how dare they try to blame my mom for how they feel! Overall this is a beautiful place with what seems helpful amazing people but they turned after they got their check. This led to me not recommending this venue to anyone and not leaving any of our decorations with them(they take donation type stuff after weddings for other brides to use) I have no use for 25 table cloths and 100s of jeweled votives and 100s of battery tea lights but after how rude they were I wasnt leaving them there. We had a great wedding and it didnt ruin our night just ticked me off hearing the stories after it happened, so I would not recommend it.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Sorry there was a miscommunication over sparklers, recent laws have changed in Glendale. The couples receive a 10 hour block of time for the event and when you come early you disrupt tours that are in process, which is in fact is what occured. Glad the wedding and reception turned out well. We try hard to please everyone and feel bad you were unhappy.

Profile Picture
Tobias
10/27/2012

Ken and Nancy are so great to work with that they make you feel like family. The attention to details and willingness to help you with ideas and checklists help to keep everything organized. All the guest had great reviews of the place. The inside for the reception was well decorated and a nice place to greet and meet everyone. I would highly recommend the location to anyone and everyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ken and Nancy are amazing to work with. They are incredibly friendly, very generous, and made our wedding planning that much easier. The venue is beautiful and we had several compliments from our guest on how much the enjoyed the intimacy of the place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, QUITE, AND PERFECT PLACE IN GLENDALE, AZ !!! The Manor at Catlin Court is so perfect for any size wedding; and so beautiful, in fact once my now husband saw it and how wonderful Nancy and Kent were to me and my family, he looked at me and said "cancel any other places you had for us to look at this is it.” I felt the same way as soon as we saw the place. When we first went to check, it out I had to bring my 5-year-old son with, who has an attention span of a fly, which made things somewhat hard to focus on what we needed to focus on. Nancy had coloring books and crayons and kept my son and his fly like attention span quiet and content. Kent her husband was equally helpful, some real nice folks and understanding and helpful. I had feared that because my wedding was such short notice I would not be able to rent anywhere and they emailed me and said that they had an event in the morning but would be available for us after 3pm, which worked out great because we wanted a sun set wedding. They decorated and did the cleanup, had the normal Wedding music, which was all we needed, but gave us the option of having our own music. I could go on and on but you have a wedding to plan so good luck.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We so enjoyed your wedding with all your family members.
Thanks for choosing The Manor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I owe most of that to the wonderful service provided at the Manor at Catlin Court. We had a list of places to check out for our venue and we threw it away after looking here. Not even knowing if they had our business they helped us pick out colors and were looking at centerpieces because we had no idea what we were needing to do or where we needed to start. When we went back to set a date they were so genuinely excited for us and our upcoming wedding. Then the date of the wedding itself was so perfect. They set up the tables and table cloths and when it was getting down to the wire, they noticed all the things we had forgot and were right there to help. It so hard to describe all the little things they did that made the day absolutely perfect from that first interaction to the clean up at the end. It was like working with family the whole time. I would recommend this venue to everyone. They are amazing.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much, we loved working with you guys.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Manor at Catlin Court was more than a perfect venue for our wedding and reception. We had so many compliments from all of our guests about how beautiful the venue was. Kent and Nancy were extremely nice people to work with and very accommodating. They were very easy to get in contact with and always responded immediately to any of my questions. They are very professional and it definitely shows that they take pride in their venue as it is very well-kept. They will go out of their way to make sure things are the way you want them. This beautiful venue helped make our wedding day so very special and we thank Nancy and Kent for everything they did to make that happen.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for choosing our venue, we enjoyed working with you and Jerrod and your families. We wish you all many years of joy!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kent and Nancy were the best people ever to work with! their venue is so cute. I had a beautiful turn out with my wedding and it was all possible with their help! I loved that they allowed me to have the freedom to do what i wanted with my wedding. they were great with communication with me and very respectful and great at giving me extra ideas received a lot of compliments on my choice for the venue of my wedding.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for the nice words, it was a wonderful wedding, we enjoyed working with you and Brian. Congratulations on being married.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we found the Manor, we knew it was right for us. The owners were so friendly, and so accommodating. They were ready with needle and thread when my dress had an issue, there to calm me as I was about to walk down the beautiful outdoor path to meet my soul-mate. They are just so fabulous, so perfect. I don't think they could have done anything better! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the first venue we went to see and we fell in love with it! It helped that the owners were amazing!!! It was the perfect place for our wedding and we are so glad we picked this venue!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception here. The wedding was beautiful! The owners were very friendly and accomodating. They keep the building/ grounds immaculate so the wedding will be perfect! They helped with anything we needed and was always easy to get a hold of. I would definitely recommend the Manor to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue. One thing...the building was kept very cold during the reception and some of our guests left early because they couldn't warm up! Other than that, excellent service, very accomodating! Beautiful place! Thanks to Kent and Nancy for their beautiful place!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're looking for a place to have your wedding, this is it! We had our reception here on Valentine's Day and we loved it. It's beautiful inside and outside. The owners are very friendly and you can have both your ceremony and reception there. You will love it.

Manor at Catlin Court responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the good words.