La Palapa Del Mar

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
They did a great job making my wedding reception a success. I highly recommend them. Food was really good & large portions.
Wedding: 06/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife and I recently held our destination wedding and reception at La Palapa Del Mar and loved every bit of it. The staff and the wedding planner of La Palapa were incredibly helpful and accommodating, even from far away. Elizabeth, the wedding planner, walked us through all the steps and made it as stress-free as possible. She worked with our other vendors seamlessly and everyone was well taken care of. On the day of, everything went just as planned. My wife and I never had to worry about a thing. The ceremony was perfectly set on the beach. They even had a few extra tables for our unique unity ceremony. The staff brought us appetizers while we took photos between the ceremony and the reception. They also dished up our meals so we could chat with our guests and grab a bite to eat. The food was delicious, the drinks were great, and the service was impeccable! If you want to have an incredible wedding in the Long Beach area, we can't recommend this spot enough!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We didn't have our ceremony at La Palapa, just the reception (although they do beach front ceremonies there), and La Palapa was the absolutely most perfect place for us. From our first meeting with Elizabeth (one of the wedding coordinators) my husband and I knew La Palapa was the place for us. They only hold one event per day, and we were actually able to get in two days prior to set up the room. Elizabeth was great, as well as Katherine (who also coordinates the weddings, but she was about to have a baby, so we dealt more with Elizabeth), as well as Bear (the owner, and Katherine and Elizabeth's mother). The staff was so laid-back, and really helped our event run smoothly. I got so many compliments from guests on the food, which was wonderful. They have a cute little gazebo to house your wedding cake in, as well as a separate room which could be used for many things (we used it as a cigar lounge). Our guests who arrived early were also able to wait in the downstairs bar area. Our wedding was exactly how we pictured it, and that is in big part thanks to Elizabeth and her staff.
Wedding: 12/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Excellent service!! my husband and I couldn't be more happy and relieved we had the help, experience and professionalism of the wedding coordinators that made all of the planning much easier and smoother! Our beach front wedding was unbelievable our guests were greeted and accommodated, everyone was very pleased and loved the venue just as much as we did.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had such a fantastic wedding at La Palapa. The beach ceremony was great! The food was fantastic. The venue was gorgeous. The only reason I don't give it perfect 5's is because we had some miscommunications. When it came down to the wedding day, everything went very well. Elizabeth was great to work with! The setting was beautiful. La Palapa is a great full service venue!
Wedding: 07/31/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth was so easy to work with, especially considering we had several menu changes, questions about the layout, and a complicated ceremony on the beach. Over the months, every time I thought she might become frustrated with us for ongoing changes and questions, she was always cheery and helpful. As for the food, it was fantastic. We heard from many guests how much they enjoyed the food, service, and reception room. I will also note that everything was very clean and I am a neat freak! If a beautiful sunset wedding on the beach is what you are after, you can't beat La Palapa.
Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at La Palapa was absolutely wonderful in everyway possible. They were all 100% committed to making our day perfect and it was. They were able to work wonderfuly with our vendors and handled all situations that occured with grace. I would reccommend La Palapa to anyone and everyone. My wedding day was perfect in everyway, so much more than I had ever imagined.
Wedding: 09/10/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
La Palapa is beautiful. Everything was great. The only thing i would complain about is we were a little late starting the reception. Otherwise, I would recommend this venue to my BFF!
Wedding: 08/20/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a small wedding so we decided against using their large ballroom and opted for the dining room instead. We had our ceremony on the beach behind La Palapa. This is one of our favorite restaurants and had the tropical beach feel we were looking for. Elizabeth does most of the weddings there and she was easy to work with. My only gripe is that sometimes Bear (Mary ? her mother) returns Elizabeth?s emails and she doesn?t know what she?s talking about since she hasn?t been involved. I even had a cake baker (Great Dane) complain to me about Bear. However, Elizabeth was good about answering all of my questions (even though it took her a few days to email back sometimes) and did a great job coordinating the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started right on time and ran smoothly with her directing the whole thing. The food was fantastic and we got so many great comments from our guests. My mom said it was the best thing she had ever eaten (she had the King Salmon). One gripe about the reception though?the servers kept clearing drinks if a guest got up for even a minute, even if they weren?t empty. When hubby and I went to take a few extra pictures outside after dinner we came back to our drinks gone. When we cut our cake our drinks disappeared. When we tossed the garter and bouquet the drinks disappeared. It was a real pain but the server did replace them when we asked her about it. But there is no telling how much that happened to our guests and we ended up paying for new drinks. We had set a maximum bar limit and they somehow went over it by $200. Elizabeth gave the few of us that were left at the end of the night free drinks because of it but I?m sure it didn?t equate to the $200 we went over or the amount of non-empty drinks that were taken. All and all though the service was excellent. The food came out fresh and hot and all the tables were served around the same time. Elizabeth was also active during the reception making sure that everyone had what they needed and were enjoying their food. The best part of everything is that we didn?t have to break the bank to have a great time and good food. The entire reception and ceremony for 50 people was just under $3000 (that did NOT include flowers, d?cor, cake, etc? but it DID include food, drinks, linens, cake cutting fee, sangria toasts, ceremony, tax & gratuity).
Wedding: 09/06/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
La Palapa was a great venue for our ceremony and reception. We had our ceremony on the beach (a few steps away from their restaurant) on the sand and our out of town guests were blown away. It was a beautiful June day and we hired Andes Trance (a Peruvian pan flute group) to play the ceremony music. Andes Trance had played at La Palapa before so they were familiar with the area and with Elizabeth, Bear and Katherine.

The wedding was on a Friday night and so they were very flexible with letting us bring all our items on Thursday afternoon during the rehearsal and we also had the rehearsal luncheon at their restaurant. Their prices are also quite reasonable for being so close to the water and for a venue in So Cal! Good luck!
Wedding: 06/12/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
La Palapa Del Mar is an excellent place to have your wedding ceremony and reception. The reception room is beautiful and it overlooks the Pacific Ocean. I have nothing but good things to say about La Palapa. Elizabeth and Bear at La Palapa were great to work with and will accomodate your every wish. I highly recommend La Palapa.
Wedding: 04/11/2009
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
La Palapa was amazing! They helped us have the beach wedding of our dreams on our very limited budget!
Wedding: 04/05/2009
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth at La Palapa was there every step of the way. La Palapa successfully gave us the wedding of our dreams!
Wedding: 04/05/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had always said we wanted a beach-side wedding and when it came time to plan our wedding, we searched many options. We only knew about the Del Mar room because we lived in Belmont Shore and would go jogging along the bike path. The Del Mar Room was a very beautiful, affordable option. And, because we had our wedding on a Sunday night, we received additional discounts. Be sure to work with Elizabeth and not Bear. Elizabeth is very helpful, full of suggestions and will answer your questions until you understand and are out of questions. She handles all the coordination prior to the wedding and the day of the wedding. With her, we did not need a wedding planner. We viewed the room during the day and it was pretty, but we had no idea the beauty of the room when the sun sets. One of the walls of the room is all windows and overlooks downtown Long Beach. When the sun sets, it lights the room up – our wedding pictures during the dancing portions of the night are amazing! Another plus of the Del Mar Room is that you are the only wedding and the only reception that day. They do not try to cram in another event on the same day, which means your vendors can arrive whenever they’d like to set up and tear down. The only thing you should be aware of is the drinks. We did an entire night open bar and although the drinks were really good, our guests kept telling us that they would set the drink down after taking a sip and it would disappear. We paid per person for the night, so I'm not sure why the waitstaff would do this, unless they are just used to doing it. Either way, it was a great place to have our wedding and reception - we couldn't have been happier with the location!
Wedding: 08/31/2008
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This Venue is so romantic, its beautiful!!
Wedding: 06/28/2008
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
 800-958-7729
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire