First Place Cuisine

First Place Cuisine

2202 South Figueroa St #641
Los Angeles, CA 90007 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...

3.9
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris was extremely rude to my guests. Perhaps he was overwhelmed by the amount of grilling needed, but he should have established clear guidelines about what he could/would handle (instead of taking it out on my guests).

First Place Cuisine responded with the following comments:

This review is invalid; we never provided catering services to this reviewer; rather, we provided (1) grill chef (staffing) to assist with the grilling of food provided by the bride. The grill chef (Chris) had run in's with the bride's sister who from the start was attempting to organize things in the beginning. The professional hired (e.g. when you fly on a plane, the air carrier hires a captain to fly the plane) is hopefully hired to provide professional, prudent advise to the client to ensure a smooth event and successful outcome. I tried my best to assist the bride the week before her wedding when she hired us, by giving advise, emailing menus, food quantities, and shopping lists (bride wanted to buy everything at Sam's Club), and by offering all of our staffing resources for her big day. But she only wanted to hire (1) Grill Chef, and no one else. She insisted that her family and friends would pitch in to help. So against my better judgement, I agreed to provide grilling services for her. I'm sorry I did. I have never had a negative review in 25 years. I did my very best under impossible circumstances to grill her food. But the bride's sister made it difficult from the start (moving the grill and grilling area three times to three different locations; not having the proper tables and utensils needed; not having the proper space to work in; and not providing logical and rational solutions). This was a poorly planned wedding and reception. It was not intelligently thought out or executed. It was more like a picnic in a park or at the beach. I was extremely embarrassed for the family and guests, many of whom were asked to pitch in to help with endeavors usually handled by professionals. It was like an Adam Sandler Movie. I apologize if my desperation to provide logical solutions was interpreted as rudeness. I suggest that the bride and her sister go take a critical thinking course at their local junior college so they can learn to think like rational adults.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris from First Street Cuisine was a fantastic caterer and adviser for our wedding. He made a custom menu for us that fit the eclectic, family-style mood of the night. The strawberry salad was my favorite!

During the months up to the wedding, Chris himself available by phone, through emails, and little check-in meetings whenever I was unsure about a little detail. He was It was comforting to have someone who'd done it all before to tell me what's "the norm" then let me choose where to break from the norm. In addition to the food, First Street arranged for the table rentals and decorated the food areas.

On the big day everything ran smoothly, from set up (with two stylish and detail-oriented assistants/servers) through appetizers, the bar, dinner, late-night, and clean up. I was a relaxed and happy bride.

• Wedding: 07/24/2011
Services Used: Catering
213-458-4151
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.9