Enchanted Vows

Enchanted Vows

Celebrating families and faiths with a magic touch!

1227 W. Ionia
Lansing, MI 48915 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Kya through a Google search. I contacted her and she met with me rather quickly. As soon as I met her I liked her. She had several options of services to choose from and was open to my ideas. Her prices are reasonable, she answered my questions quickly and on the day of the ceremony she was there when she said and did a wonderful job. I received many compliments in regards to her ceremony and how nice it was. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you a lifetime of joyful togetherness!

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya was amazing to work with. We wanted to have a very personalized wedding ceremony that tied in our love of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings without it being overdone or too cheesy. Kya wrote the perfect ceremony for us. We had one Skype meeting with her and then corresponded via email the rest of the time. It worked out perfectly.
Kya also came and ran our rehearsal, which was a huge help. I would not have felt as prepared as I did when it came time for our actual ceremony if we hadn't had her there.
After our ceremony, many of our guests commented on how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. Many were surprised to learn that she was not a lifelong friend of ours, but rather someone we found on the internet!
If you are looking for a professional, fun, and creative officiant, Kya Rose is definitely the person for you!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

I *did* have an Aunt ask me how I knew the two of you and she seemed shocked to learn that you hired me off the Internet because she thought I must have known you forever. Too funny!

I'm a huge fan of fantasy and sci-fi and writing a Harry Potter/ LOTR wedding was a joy for me. I'm so glad that it came off as well as it did. However, I think the chemistry Unity Ceremony you two chose was the most memorable part. If you're going to do a Harry Potter wedding, you need to do a little "magic".

I wish you and Jake a magical adventure of a life together!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Renaissance Festival, and she was extremely flexible with everything from vows, content to even the garb that should be worn. Attentive to our needs and wants down to the details. Very personable... in general, an easy person to work with. Highly recommended.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thanks William! I do love Renaissance weddings and all the pageantry that goes along with them. Our three way Skype meeting while you were in China was quite fun too. I'm always happy to do what couples need me to do to make their wedding day work for them, especially when it means dressing up and having fun.

I wish you and Amy all the best life offers in *every* century!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cousin recommended Kya Rose to me because she did an amazing job for her wedding. And everything was perfect for mine as well. We weren't sure what we wanted to include in our ceremony so she was very helpful and creative coming up with some ideas. We loved the blending of the sand ceremony and we were able to customize the whole ceremony to our preferences. She made the whole experience very easy for us. She was amazing. I will definitely recommend her to anyone getting married. Thanks

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Jessica! It's always a joy working with families who want to add a little fun to their ceremony. I wish you and Jesse and the kids a lifetime of love and happiness!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya did an amazing job, for our elopement. With a little more than one week's notice, she provided general information of her services, and even took the time to respond to questions and had amazing patience with the rushed and flustered bride, as we worked to pay, plan, and go through the ceremony. Her pricing was absolutely the best, and allowed for us to have a few pennies to spare for the wedding dress! Her professionalism and skill gave my (new!) husband and I a dream "beginner" wedding. (We will be married for friends and family in two years time, but this was perfect for what we needed at this time.) Thank you, Kya, for all of you efforts and professionalism!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Small weddings are no excuse for small service! I loved being a part of your special day, Alisha. I wish you and Darryl all the best that life has to offer (and, if you need me again in two years, just let me know and we'll whip you up an amazing custom ceremony then!)

• Wedding: 07/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya was amazing to work with, right from the beginning. She showed tremendous flexibility, attention to detail, and creativity while working with us. She was full of fun, trendy ideas and also very knowledgeable about traditions. She was able to take details from our lives to create a personalized, enjoyable ceremony that reflected our relationship perfectly. Multiple friends and family members shared that it was the best ceremony they have witnessed. Thanks Kya!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

I love hearing how much guests enjoy the ceremonies my couples help me create. It really does set the tone for the reception to follow.

Thank you so much, Andrew. It's always fun when couples are open to both new and old ideas and blending them all into one unique expression of your love. I wish you and Alexa many years of red roses, forgiveness and, of course, love!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Can't say enough good things about Kya (Enchanted Vows). She was a wonderful officiant who delivered a great service that was tailored to us and responsive to our needs. She was professional, timely, and a delight to work with from beginning to end.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

The pleasure was all mine, Brent. I love helping couples get the ceremony they want, no matter how big or how small. I wish you and Laura a lifetime of joy and adventure together!

• Wedding: 06/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya Rose was so professional and sweet, right from the initial interview we felt comfortable. She showed on on time for both the wedding rehearsal and the ceremony. Her service during the ceremony was wonderful. She had also kept a great communication with us right up to the actual wedding, and even after congratulating us. I would highly recommend Kya, she is such a sweetheart that made us feel less stressed about the details of filing afterwards, as we could head right out on our honeymoon, Kya took care of all the paperwork too.

Nick

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Nick and Amy. It was a joy to work with the two of you and your wedding party. I was honored to hold your Grandmother's bible during the ceremony, Nick and I always enjoy working with people who know, as I do, that children add joy to every ceremony no matter what they end up deciding to do!

So glad to be able to ease your mind as you embarked on your honeymoon. May you carry that ease and bliss throughout your lives together!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya was an amazing officiant! She replied right back when we had questions or concerns regarding our ceremony. There was no judgement when we told her we wanted a non-religious ceremony. She made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to do during the rehearsal, so the ceremony ran extremely smoothly. She helped make our wedding day unforgettable!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

I'm so glad you were happy! I love being able to help couples run a full rehearsal that answers everyone's questions and allows the ceremony day to go smoothly.

I wish you every happiness!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband and I enjoyed working with Kya! She gave us an excellent overview of how wedding ceremonies can go and options that would work for us. We especially like how she provided us versions of ceremonies that we could adjust to fit us just right. She was fun and easy going and adaptable to our needs - outdoor, kids, short rehearsal window - so it felt fun and pleasant. We both highly recommend her as someone who can help your day flow smoothly with good natured calmness amidst the hustle and bustle.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Ariel. You and Leon were a delight. I'm so glad I was able to work with you in turning one of my basic ceremonies into the perfect ceremony for the two of you. I wish you all of the happiness in the world!

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
Leon & Ariel
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have picked a better person to marry us than Kya! She is so kind and truly made our day about us. Everything about our ceremony was catered to my (now) husband and I. The way she worded everything was so wonderful and special. Kya was always very prompt at answering all of our questions and returning our emails. She made every go so smooth and her vast knowledge on weddings is amazing!
After our ceremony, we wouldn't tell you how many guests came up to us and commented on how wonderful and how personal our ceremony was. Many thanks to Kya Rose for making our day all we wanted and more <3

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you and your beloved a life filled with laughter and love!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Kya Rose at first seemed to know what she was doing as she had done wedding before. We met her for about 20 minutes in Lansing when we were in town (we are from Seattle, WA).

Right off the bat we noticed her lack of detail, she would email us items and address us by names of other couples (clearly not taking the time out for details).

I cut her ceremony wording from a 30 min ceremony to 10 min. Her words were very redundant and not well written. It was not what we were looking for.

When the wedding came near I sent her an invitation with the ceremony start time, we also sent her a final payment with the same info.

20 days before the wedding I received an email from her stating that she will not do our ceremony because we changed the ceremony time from the original contract. (FYI - the contract states you get your money back 21 days prior to ceremony - funny how that worked out)

The contract clearly stated we have her time for 2 hours, considering our ceremony is only 10 minutes (as she indicated in prior communication) changing the start time to 6:00pm instead of 5:00pm (which is well within the contracted time) should not have been a problem. But Kya and I quote " I will not put my other couples into a position where there time is infringed upon through no fault of their own." Meaning she had double booked our slot of time.

She would not offer our money back.

Our solution: We asked her to come and sign the mariiage licence on the wedding day at 5:00pm. Kya Rose showed up looking unprofessional (sweat pants) and 20 minutes late.
We had our gorgeous Maid of Honor (Kaylynn) do our ceremony.

A silver lining here, I think so. Kaylynn did such an amazing job and she is my best friend making the ceremony a success due to Kaylynn personal touch and not to mention she looked amazing standing up there doing our ceremony.

Please stay far away from Kya Rose. She will give you more headache and there are far better people out there.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

I am deeply sorry that you were unhappy with my services. I only wish that you had let me know while there was still time to resolve your problems.

When we designed your ceremony you told me you wanted it to last 30-40 minutes, even after I told you that ceremonies that go much beyond 20 minutes begin to sound redundant. I completed a first, rough draft for you to look over and let you know that I was happy to edit it however you liked. You offered me no feedback either way and edited it yourself. Until I read this review I had no idea you were upset about the ceremony at all.

We signed a contract stating a starting time for your ceremony that reserved 2 hours of my time; from 30 minutes before the ceremony was to begin to 90 minutes after. I have performed hundreds of weddings and know from experience that 2 hours is a comfortable but not excessive amount of time for a typical wedding. It accounts for delays, the receiving line, photo opportunities, last minute additions to the ceremony and allows everyone to be comfortable through the process.

You changed the start time of your ceremony to one hour later and never asked or informed me. It was only when I contacted you with the details that you told me you had changed the time.

Now this *does* happen to me from time to time. People make mistakes, plans change, things get overlooked. I understand that and I can be flexible. However, you offered me no apologies, blamed me entirely and gave me no assurances that you would respect my time before or after the ceremony, allowing me to maintain my professional integrity and still leave at the contracted time. Your contempt for me and my services was obvious and I made a judgement call as you were very clearly in breach of our contract. I then *did* refund the unearned portion of my fee even after you told me not to bother.

I am glad that your ceremony turned out so well for you all. Again, I'm sorry that you were unhappy with my services.

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya, Thank You for being a part of our wedding especially on short notice. Driving 72 miles we really appreciated it. Loved the ceremony it was perfect. Thanks for everything.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Jaymi. It was my pleasure to provide you with the short and sweet ceremony you wanted. May your marriage be filled with joy, peace and love!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Jaymi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya was a fantastic officiant for us! We had several guests tell us how much they loved our ceremony and how personal it was. I would absolutely recommend Kya to anyone who is looking for an officiant!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much, Kellyn. It was an absolute joy to work with you on designing your wedding ceremony. I hope your families were pleased with the way we integrated their stories into yours and I love the Blessing of the Hands variation we used too!

I wish you and Alex all the happiness in the world!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya was absolutely wonderful! She worked with us as we created a very personal and meaningful ceremony. Our family and friends have given us tons us compliments regarding the ceremony that Kya put together. Our guest thought my husband and I were long time friends with Kya because of the intimate and special details Kya incorporated in our wedding ceremony. I would recommend Kya to anyone looking for an officiant that will deliver a ceremony that will be remembered for a lifetime.

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

I'm so very glad that you and your guests were so moved by your wedding ceremony, Danielle! I love creating personal ceremonies that encourage everyone to laugh a little, tear up a little and generally enjoy themselves a lot.

Thank you for honoring me with the opportunity to officiate your wedding. I wish you and Garrett many years of laughter, travel and greyhounds!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kya Rose made our ceremony very personal and special. I got compliments all day from family members who were touched by the ceremony that she and I put together. The words were beautifully put and were designed around us as a couple. I couldn't have imagined it any better!

Enchanted Vows responded with the following comments:

Thanks Cassie. It was a lot of fun to help you and Jay and your family create a ceremony that allowed your guests to see just how special and unique you all are. I wish you all a lifetime of happiness and lots of Spartan and Lions wins in your future!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
517-316-1379
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards