Ed Robinson Laundry & Dry Cleaning, Inc. - gown care

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
0.0

My clothes looked fine when they were turned over to me, the actual dry cleaning job was fine. However, when I transferred my clothes from their hangers to mine I noticed Ed Robinson had ironed bar codes on the inside of all of my clothing. These are white bar codes, maybe an inch long, less than half an inch wide. They ironed them in inconspicuous places in my pants, however, in my suit jackets they were ironed onto the lining near the bottom in a spot that is highly visible when I take the jacket off. My jackets all have dark linings, and this white barcode looks strange. I am very attached to my clothes, which are investments, and was very upset to find this. I called June at the main office to address this issue and was met with disinterest. I asked her if I had missed a posted notice of this procedure. She said no, and told me all the dry cleaners are doing this. I have never encountered this at Tripp's or Lexington Dry Cleaners. I told her if the attendants had asked whether I was ok with the bar code application I would have said no, and everything would have been fine. She said she would put a note on my file to use only temporary bar codes, however, I won't be returning to Ed Robinson. She said I could take my clothes in and have the bar codes removed, but I was able to peel one off using my fingernails (the others wouldn't budge) and it left an outline where the barcode had been. This may not bother everyone, but I would not recommend taking expensive pieces, or those you wish to re-sell, to Ed Robinson Cleaners.

Services Used: Dress & Attire
0.0

Please be careful if you use Ed Robinson cleaners for your special dress. My bridesmaid's dress came back with a spot on the skirt prior to the wedding. It was brand new and I took the tags off at the cleaners in front of the customer service clerk. When I picked up the dress, they claimed that I was responsible for the mark. I contacted them in person, by telephone and via email with no response. They refuse to take any responsibility for the damage that they caused. You will regret it if your dress is ruined by a cleaners that will not admit it when they are at fault.

Services Used: Dress & Attire