Ed Jackson Entertainment

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Carmen 2 Reviews
My event went very smooth and the DJ was a big part of making that happen. He played all songs I requested, set an atmosphere and also played from his selection. We really enjoyed our wedding.
Wedding: 08/18/2013
Mr. Jackson!

YOU WERE WONDERFUL!! You had every single song I wanted for my wedding ceremony! I was worried because one of the songs I was only able to find the version I loved on youtube ("One Hand, One Heart", instrumental version) and the other I could only find on a website ("Dance of the Blessed Hearts")! When I heard my music start as I walked down the aisle with my mom, I squeeled, "He did it!"

My guests loved that you were so interactive and led dances on the dance floor! My husband whom I begged for months to give me the names of songs he wanted to hear...(and never did) was thrilled that you were able to immedietly find the songs he was requesting on the spot and play them. His family was thrilled that you were able to find salsa and bachata songs. My family is from Jamaica, my husbands family is from El Salvador and my guests were American, what a mix right?! People jumped up out of their seats and on to the dance floor to songs that I would have never expected some of them to enjoy as much as they did! My 95 year old Grand Aunt was on the dance floor!

Wonderful job! Keep up the good work! Thank you again!!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Ed Jackson is amazing! Our guests are still talking about the great music selection and how upbeat our ceremony and reception was. I highly recommend him. He was punctual and extremely professional.
Wedding: 03/23/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
There is a big difference between a DJ and a DJ that knows how to entertain. Ed is definetely an entertainer. I saw Ed at one of my best friends weddings and he was amazing. He really got everyone dancing and having fun.

Years later and on a tight wedding budget, I didn't think Ed was a guy we'd be able to afford. My wife and I had a DJ lined up for our wedding which was only a couple weeks out when we saw that DJ in action for the first time at an event of mine. It was not a pretty sight. Everyone was making comments about how bad this DJ was. I had no choice, but to make a change. I called Ed and luckily he wasn't booked because it was a Sunday wedding. His price was very reasonable and we were able to make it work.

We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony which Ed was going to set up a mini set up outside with wireless mics, etc. However, it was raining all morning and it didn't look like it was going to happen. Right before the ceremony was scheduled to start, it stopped raining. My wife at that point was set on moving the ceremony outside last minute, but nothing was set up. I was dreading having to go ask Ed to set up the outside how we had planned and to get it done as soon as possible. I talked to Ed and he didn't say anything, but ok, let's do it. From that point I noticied Ed running from the parking lot to his car all the way to the ceremony on the beach with his equipment which was probably a football field away and up and down a big hill. There was no question that I hired the right DJ. We got the ceremony set-up in no time and it was wonderful.

Our wedding was a huge success and a big portion of that was due to Ed. If you are planning a wedding make sure you don't overlook the DJ because it can make or break your wedding. If I ever had to hire a DJ again in the future I wouldn't even look anywhere else.
Wedding: 10/07/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My husband and I were thrilled with the service provided by Ed Jackson Entertainment. Ed was willing to meet with my husband and I when we were indecisive about our music choices and followed up with us before the big day. Ed really got a feel for the music my husband and I like and not only played our requested songs but filled in with a variety of other hits spanning the genres we like. He chose great songs to play and got everyone up dancing early. He chose music in such a way that he kept people on the dance floor all night long. People still come up to me telling me how great Ed was. I highly recommend Ed Jackson Entertainment for being so personable and for his professionalism.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mr. Jackson was great! Everyone loved him and talked about his interactions with the crowd. Thank you!
Wedding: 07/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hands down he is worth every penny! First off let me say I am an African American Dental Hygienist and my husband is Caucasian and is an Accountant, and Both of our families complemented on how good the dj was!!! He played exactly what we wanted and even last minute changes I wanted he did without hesitation or attitude. Ed made sure the night went smoothly and kept the party lively. He has high tech equipment and he is a true natural at his craft. He went above and beyond being a "dj", anyone can play records, but HE put on a show!!! I could go on forever but definetly book him...easy to contact, affordable,AMAZING!!
Wedding: 06/02/2012

Rebekah 3 Reviews
Ed was our DJ and he did a fantastic job. He met with us prior to our wedding and then we had a phone call a week prior to confirm everything. He was very flexible with us. We were not very timely with getting everything to him. He was also very flexible on the day of with were his equipment would go and everything. He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Can you say WOW? I can. He was touching base with us during the whole day. He did a fantastic job and we were extremely happy with the night and all he did for us. He even surprised with us laser light. It made it a lot of fun and we enjoyed it. Thank you Ed for everything!
Wedding: 05/11/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ed was really great. Lots of people told us how much fun they had. The only reason he isn't a perfect score is there were a few songs we asked for that we didn't get - easily could have been solved if we spoke more before the event or if we had asked more questions. Ed was super professional, and worked well with the other vendors.
Wedding: 09/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ed Jackson was a great asset to my best frirnds wedding. Mr.Jackson was very professional,respectful,and fun. He was like the perfect icing on a cake. He got the crowd moving. I would defiently refer him to any bride that wants to really enjoy their wedding day. Again I was pleasec with his services,so pleased that I will request for him to DJ for my wedding.
Wedding: 06/04/2011

Ryan 6 Reviews
If I could give DJ Ed 6.0 stars, I would. He was absolutely phenomenal on our wedding day. He played all of our "Must Play" songs, led the line dances, kept the party moving, and, most importantly, his timing in playing songs was PERFECT! He knew which songs to play at certain points in the night better than we even did ourselves! Our guests could not stop raving about what an incredible "party" they had just been to! Not to mention, his Michael Jackson Billie Jean "surprise" before the Garter Toss is a moment that will live in family video lore FOREVER! Thanks DJ Ed, you definitely deserve all 5 of these stars!!
Wedding: 01/29/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jacksons Entertainment - Ed Jackson is very well grounded in what he does. He knows how to get the crowd up and daning. There was never a dull momment in the music. He knew just what to play. Everyone of my guest enjoyed him, and they were asking me where did I find him. Everytime I have a function I use no one but him. Thanks Mr. Jackson.
Wedding: 04/25/2009

Nicole 1 Reviews
DJ Ed and DJ Sheldon were Excellent. Calls were returned promptly. DJ Sheldon was the DJ/Emcee for our wedding and he was early, had the music, and professional. The reception flowed all night. We were thrilled. Everyone had a blast. Outside of the actual wedding, the DJ is what I remember and talk about the most. I recommend them to all my friends and family....if you need a DJ call Jackson Entertainment (ask for DJ Sheldon).
Wedding: 09/12/2008
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Ed Jackson is a wonderful DJ with an outgoing personality, that can get people on to the dance floor.
He was very responsive and made sure he knew how to pronounce the bridal party's names, and reviewed the schedule of events with us before the reception, to make sure we were all on the same page. Also, he was able to obtain all the songs that we'd requested.
I would give 5 stars for "quality of service", but I think he stuck to the schedule a little too literally; because our ceremony started a little late, everything was pushed forward a bit, but Ed (the DJ) still stuck to the actual times, which made the reception feel a little rushed.
Other than that, I was extremely satisfied with how he performed and his personality as a DJ. I'd highly recommend Ed Jackson as a DJ for any wedding.
Wedding: 08/31/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ed Jackson was an excellent DJ for our wedding reception.
He got to the venue early to be set up in time for the event, and worked well with our friend who was our MC to play all the right music at the right times -- he did just enough without stepping over his shoes.

Ed also helped engage our guests to get the party started; some of our guests didn't know how to do the electric slide and he got right on the floor to teach them! :) He is a very experienced DJ and we would highly recommend him to anyone!
Wedding: 07/26/2008
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
I spoke with Ed on the Monday before my wedding, and we spoke in detail about the music selections and timeline of the night. I also e-mailed him a copy of the changes we had discussed.

Ed was supposed to interrupt our first dance song and play Souja Boy, but I guess he forgot and didn't. We were able to remedy the situation once one of my BM's approached Ed to find another time for us to do the Soulja Boy dance.

However, once Ed learned of his mistake, he interrupted us while we were giving thank you gifts to our parents to say that "no one had ever told him about the Soulja Boy dance" and tried to argue with us.

When I was called to the dance floor for the Father/Daughter dance, Ed played the wrong song. My father and I danced to the song anyway, but when it was time for my husbands and his mothers dance, Ed started playing the George Straight song which I had asked him to play for the Father/Daughter dance!! So my husband told Ed this was not the song he was supposed to dance with his mother to and Ed got defensive again and said that mu husband was wrong!! Ed couldn't find the song my husband had selected and an awkward pause followed while Ed scrambled to try to find the song, which he had apparently never downloaded. I guess Ed couldn’t find the song my husbnand selected, so he just started playing “The Way You Look Tonight.”

Some other oversights included are:

- Ed did not play the specifically designated songs for the bouquet and garter toss
- Ed didn't play ANY song during the placement of the garter onto the woman’s leg.
- Ed played 3 slow songs in a row
- Ed then played 4 Michael Jackson songs consecutively.
- One guest mentioned that Ed actually played one Michael Jackson song TWICE!

I am disappointed with Ed’s lack of professionalism, attention to detail, organization and people skills. It's too bad we paid for a “professional” DJ on our wedding night when we would have been happier and less stressed if we had just created a play list on our iPod and played it from a laptop attached to some speakers.

When Ed was confronted about the mistakes he made by his boss, he agreed that he acted unprofessionally, but his excuse was that he "had an off night."

I see that there are a lot of people on here who recomend using Ed's services, and I'm glad that they had a good experience with him. I would not contract him as your DJ - you wouldn't want him to have an "off night."
Wedding: 07/26/2008
 240-426-7668
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire