DNA Entertainment & North Coast Photo Booth

Value
Flexibility
Meredith
07/18/2015

Dave did a phenomenal job at our July 18 wedding. It was all outdoors and the ceremony and reception sites were in two different spots and he had all of the equipment to make sure we had beautiful sound at both. He met with my fiance and I several times, listened to what we wanted, and made sure the party was going the entire night. He was also super professional on the mic - fun, upbeat, and excited, but never cheesy or over-the-top. People kept telling us how much fun they were having and we think Dave deserves all the credit! He was awesome and we'd definitely recommend him for any event!

Private User
Recently Married
3.6

Pros: In regards to quality of service, Dave was pretty good. The day of the wedding, he made sure to keep everyone dancing and having fun. In regards to value, for all that we decided to get, I thought it was a decent price. I can't really compare his values to other DJ services, since I had only looked at his. In regards to flexibility, Dave was great. He made sure everything flowed and went according to my itinerary, mostly.
Cons: My biggest, and most frustrating, complaint was Dave's responsiveness. After hiring him a year before my wedding, he promptly sent me the itinerary to fill out and the contract. Beyond that, Dave did very little to contact me, which I found very unprofessional. It got to 2 months before the wedding, and I never heard a word from him. I had to be the first one to initiate contact with him and had to email him several times before getting a reply. I wanted to meet up with him to go over the itinerary, but we kept having issues with coordinating a date that worked for both of us. Fast forward to the DAY BEFORE my wedding and we had STILL not gone over the itinerary. I was stressed beyond belief, frantically trying to get a hold of him before the rehearsal. He finally called back after I made several calls, and we quickly went over the itinerary. A few other little cons: 1) The "slideshow presentation" coordination was awful. 2) I had no idea he would play music videos with the songs, and I wish he would have reviewed the music videos beforehand. One of the videos was very racy, and I had many children at my reception. IMO, the music videos were incredibly unnecessary. 3) He was constantly coming to me during the reception to ask me questions. Most of these questions, I felt, could have been answered if we had gone over the itinerary more than 24 hours before the reception.
Overall, the guests had fun and most of what I had on my itinerary went as planned, but please look into MANY DJ options before settling!

DNA Entertainment & North Coast Photo Booth responded with the following comments:

I am sorry you feel this way. I do my best to make every client as happy as possible. I do meet with my clients about 6 to 8 weeks prior to the event date, Yes sometimes It is hard to connect being a DJ I work weekends. I did look back through my contracts and from January 1st 2015 to March 27th 2015 (your posting date) I had no contracts with a slideshow presentation added to them. I am confused as to what wedding this is referring to.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Working with DNA entertainment was seriously a dream. Dave was there and had everything outlined we just literally had to fill in the blanks. There was a time when we last minuet decided to throw the bouquet and do the garter thing and he was there ready to go! Our venue was a little different so not only did he prepare our crowd with over he mic announcements but he went to the inside portion to make the announcements also. He truly went above and beyond to make our wedding day wonderful. We picked out some genres of music but he did a super awesome job feeling out our crowd. I would recommend this vendor to anyone. He seriously make me want to plan a party again that's how great he made it. Choose this vendor and you will simply not be disappointed.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
2.3

When we first met Dave he was great in person so we decided to go with him and added up lighting to our package with the DJ service. Close to the wedding date, Dave was not responding to emails or phone calls concerning the paperwork he had sent us prior concerning music at the hall, first dance songs, schedule of events etc. After 2 weeks of not hearing from him ( and deciding at that point not to pay our last payment since we did not know if we were going to continue with services or not) my now husband called and Dave did call him back. He said he had been busy and that is why he did not respond to us previously.

To me, if you are a vendor even if you are busy then just send a quick email back saying "hey I received this but I currently am busy. I will contact you later on" but we did not get this, just excuses.

We had our conference call the next day to go over songs, he did not call at our scheduled time. We called him and he said he had been on another phone call.

Long story short - we did end up at our event a little early, around 4:30pm - we had told him 5pm. He kept saying he had down 5:40pm and we were super early. He had told us that he would be at the venue to set up at 3pm. I was later told by guests that he was still setting up as they arrived to the reception hall. He called us by the wrong last name at the end of the night before the final dance. All in all, Dave is very charismatic and the up lighting was nice but not exactly sure what happened with our customer service.

Lindsey
09/08/2013

Dave was wonderful to work with beforehand and really great at the event! He took care of everything with ease and was very professional but fun at the same time. It was a pleasure to have him help us with our special day!

Megan
08/24/2013

Dave and his team are amazing. Everything they did was very professional and of the best quality. The photobooth was set up in a great location and had cute props. The up lighting he did looked great. And the music he played was on key with everything we had talked about prior to my event. The main thing I liked was that Dave and his assistant had fun.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Melissa
08/17/2013

Thank you for everything. You went above and beyond our expectations!

Services Used: DJ

Dave did a wonderful job. The uplighting/monogram were just what our hall needed to spruce things up. He was very polite and very quick to get back with us. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to just add extra pizzazz to their hall.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Dave did an amazing job at my wedding. The dance floor was hopping all night long! He is very professional and great to work with. All of our custom requests were done just perfect and the night went on as smooth as can be. He also is very personable and did a great job on introductions, etc.

Thanks Dave!!!

Services Used: DJ

Dave, our DJ, was very patient and helpful in the decision making process, and during the reception, he did a fantastic job of directing us and moving things along. He made the evening fun, and he made excellent music selections. All-in-all, we were very pleased and impressed, and we would recommend DNA Entertainment (particularly Dave!) to anyone!

James
05/11/2013

Couldn't have ask for more from Dave. Absolutely great to work with and really knew how to keep people on the dance floor.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Rachael
05/04/2013

Wonderful service and completely about customer satisfaction! People leave entertained and happy!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Mindy
11/10/2012

Dave was great! The event went perfectly and he was able to adapt to my specific party needs as the evening wore on.... Thank you!!

Kali
09/01/2012

Gary was our DJ for our wedding. He was flexible, professional and fun!!! Our guest stayed on the dance floor all night & had a great time! He also kept the flow of the dinner line moving. He spoke with us before playing some requested songs and overall was a nice guy! Thank you for making our night one we and our guest will never forget!!

Thomas
08/18/2012

Dave was simply perfect. His setup was very professional looking and fit the theme of the wedding. His music selection was Great. And he helped coordinate the event so that people were in the right places at the right time. We received many compliments on Dave's services and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We were thrilled with DNA Entertainment. He exceeded our expectations at our reception.