DeLair Entertainment

DeLair Entertainment

Rated by Modern Bride Magazine as one of the Top 150 in the USA!

Sarasota, FL 34237 | map
Genres: Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Hip Hop, J...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the beginning we were very impressed with Wayne. The amount of detail and consideration he puts into the planning and meeting your needs is second to none.

The planning was great. We met with Wayne twice before our wedding. He covered so many things we never considered. We provided him with a song list and genre preferences that we liked and he delivered! During our 2nd meeting Wayne provided us with an itinerary and made sure everything, including pronunciation of names he would call out, was accurate and to our liking.

Wayne was able to adapt to a space change in the venue with very little notice. Our ceremony and reception were in two different locations. Wayne did amazing setting up and providing the right music and atmosphere for both locations.

Overall we were very satisfied and would highly recommend Wayne to anyone having a wedding in West/ Central Florida....or anywhere else he would be willing to travel!

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wayne and Alice DeLair exceeded our expectations in all aspects of planning and the execution of our wedding. Every communication was professional and timely. They were extremely easy to work with and have the planning process streamlined, making it easy to ensure the success of any event. Wayne was an excellent MC and our music was exactly what we hoped it would be, keeping people on the dance floor all night! We would highly recommend them for any occasion.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Rebecca
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks for giving us an excellent musical experience. We had an awesome time and appreciate all the time you spent getting our music downloaded and put in the correct order. I would highly recommend you to anyone I know getting married. Thanks for everything. Erica and Jeff”

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me preface my comments with this statement. Providing on-line reviews or comments is not something I do. However in this case, I felt compelled.

Wayne DeLair was a true professional, extremely accommodating to our last-minute planning and ROCKED our reception!

Wayne and his wife Alice were so approachable and went above and beyond to make our wedding reception special. Alice was readily accessible and stayed in touch via phone calls, text, email and voice mail.

The DeLair's provided audio equipment and music for each of our three venues...on the beach for the ceremony, on an outdoor patio for cocktail hour, then indoors for the reception. Wayne also coordinated the announcements, such as toasts, bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc. at our request.

Turns out that Wayne is not only a DJ but a live musician. He is actively involved in the business, evidenced when we met at the DeLair music studio for final arrangements. I can sum up my impression of the studio as WOW, I didn't expect that.

I love old school R&B, current Hip Hop, Classical, and Alternative. Wayne covered it all! He also had a sign inviting guests to text him their song requests. My guests actually did, so it turns out that everyone got on the dance floor, young and old alike. Impressive.

Bottom line, I strongly recommending DeLair Entertainment for YOUR special day. When a vendor goes above and beyond to accommodate and anticipate your needs, it makes you feel so very special. It made ME feel so very special.

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband's family is Greek so music and dancing were very important to us as we tried to find the perfect DJ. I was nervous about finding someone who could blend the various music styles without making our reception feel "choppy" but from my very first conversation with Wayne and his wife Alice I knew they were the perfect choice! They were so easy to talk to and took the time to understand our needs. Alice was extremely responsive leading up to the wedding and took great care to make sure they collected any and all information that would be helpful. Being that I am out of state, meeting in person before the wedding wasn't possible, but Wayne made the time to review over the phone all the bridal party names and song lists to ensure everything went smoothly. The night of the wedding Wayne kept the party going and read our crowd perfectly knowing exactly how to balance the traditional Greek music with the modern dancing! THANK YOU Wayne and Alice for making everything so easy and so much fun!!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a blast and we are so thrilled you were there to spend our special day with us. All of the guests complimented us about Wayne! Several asked about who sang the unique version of "Build Me up Buttercup" song that Wayne played during dinner. They all loved it! Wayne knew exactly what we wanted and needed to have a wonderful day. I wish we could have another event just to have Wayne come play for us again! He and Alice truly went above and beyond for us. All the planning, organizing and booking was stress free and easy thanks to Alice. The response time was impeccable and always the quickest out of all the vendors. Thanks for your patience when crazy bride mode came into the picture. We thank you again for everything. Perfect, perfect, perfect! -Brittany and Jordan

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wayne was AMAZING and his wife, Alice, was so easy to work with. The entire booking and planning process ran very smoothly and she responded quickly. We had a destination wedding and met with Wayne for the first time at his studio a few days before our wedding. Everything was so well organized and his studio was impressive. As far as the big day, he did an outstanding job and played every song we requested and kept the party going all night. When someone requested a song he did not have, he allowed our guest to hook up his iPod to play it! He was incredibly attentive and one of the highlights of our day! Our guests are STILL raving about him!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He had the great chance and honor to choose Wayne to perform at our wedding. He was recommended by The Longboat Key Club and Resort, where we had our wedding. We couldn't have picked a better person to DJ our special day. The way he made the music blend together was absolutely perfect. Our first meeting made everything understandable for this first-time bride who had only ever been to one other wedding. They then sent us a very detailed yet simple "fill in the blank" style survey to help choose our songs. Our final meeting was relaxed, fun, and Wayne gave us even more ideas we could have never thought of.

Everything turned out absolutely magical. The sound quality was amazing, the song choices were perfect, and he even set up a system where people could text their requests to him!

I would HIGHLY recommend DeLair Entertainment for any event. Thank you so much for making this special day even better!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

“Wayne and Alice are so incredibly amazing! Alice is so so sweet and Wayne truly loves what he does and he's so fantastic at it! I can't say enough awesome things about them and their services! Thank you for making our wedding day one to remember.”

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so pleased with Wayne and his services. Everything was even better than we had hoped. He did great and we felt the night flowed perfectly and went very smooth. Thanks for a great night, would def recommend Wayne as a top notch, class act! Alice, his office manager, was so prompt and kind and gave us all/any info right away. She was always easy to reach and wrote me back right away when I had any questions. 5 stars all the way!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

“Working with DeLair Entertainment was incredible. Emailed questions were always answered quickly, and Wayne gave us the exact night that we wanted!! The music was awesome and everyone had a great time!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Communication with Alice DeLair was always professional and timely leading up to our wedding. Wayne DeLair not only provided great music during our reception, but he also helped create a natural flow without it feeling rushed or pushed. We felt like Wayne really listened to our requests, and went above and beyond to help create such special memories for us! I will recommend DeLair entertainment to all of my friends, and use them for any of my special events!

• Wedding: 03/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wayne was amazing! He kept everyone dancing from start to finish and also helped to ensure that the event was run seamlessly. Wayne was there facilitating each important part of the night, but also found a way to blend into the background so the focus was on speeches, bride & groom, etc. We could not have been more happy with Wayne and have talked about what a great choice he was many times since our ceremony last week.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wayne played at our wedding and did a great job! Everyone had a blast and Wayne was a big reason for that. Very professional and gave great advice during the planning stages. He was very attentive to what we wanted and helped create the night we envisioned. Alice was very responsive in the planning stages as well and accommodated our ideas. A big thanks to Wayne and Alice! Job well done! Highly recommend

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From my first impression of Wayne and Alice - I was blown away by their professionalism. Wayne is so careful about every part of the reception. I truly felt after booking DeLair Entertainment that Wayne and Alice cared about my wedding and that I had nothing to worry about!!
Alice is very fast at responding to any question or concern that you may have. She is very proactive and organized and makes sure to stay in touch throughout the whole planning process.
Wayne is very thoughtful in his planning of the reception and really makes sure everything flows well. When we met to go through my reception he made several recommendations as to the order of events and I am so glad we went with his recommendations - he really knows how to make everything flow smoothly together.
He also let us incorporate things that were a little nontraditional - for instance my husband and I did the garter and bouquet toss at the same time and he was all for doing it and planned and cut the music to fit perfectly.
My favorite part of the music was what I heard before and during dinner. He set the tone SO perfectly to match the mood of the wedding - it was so romantic and classic.
Of course, the dance music was awesome too!!! :)
Wayne has a true gift for running a wedding reception - he is careful to pronounce everyone's names perfectly, he makes sure to acknowledge all the right guests and he ensures that the photographer and videographer and coordinator, etc. are all on the same page and in place before he announces anything.
He was perfect!!!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent DJ! Wayne helped make our wedding an amazing memorable event!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
941-365-6580
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards