Davids Bridal

(3.0 / 5.0)
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I have had a great experience with Davids Bridal so far. I have purchased my wedding dress as well as my bridesmaids dresses from Davids Bridal and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. I would definitely recommend this store to others!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My dress was absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Wedding: 07/03/2013
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Going in for the final fitting of my sisters wedding dress, they had us wait an hour past her appointment time. Come to find out they don't even have the dress finished! On top of that, the service was very poor. So dissapointed.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I walked into David’s bridal in West Des Moines and was greeted right away. Most all of the staff members were extremely nice especially Katie who I worked with. She was able to take my ideas and thoughts and within trying on 7 dresses I found mine! The order came in earlier than expected and just as I ordered it. I also went to David’s bridal in Omaha, NE to purchase a second dress for the reception and had the same high quality experience.

When it came to alterations they worked very hard to make sure I was completely satisfied with the finished product! I would HIGHLY recommend giving them a try when shopping for your gown!!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

The Rochester MN store didn't have my size, they found my size at the DesMoines store, I was promised
I would have this dress by the 24th of July, it never came. We called and were put on hold so long we have at least a total of 75 holding minutes. One excuse was that it was picked up already, all the managers were always unavailable - as they were tracking it? I know tracking a package takes a few minutes not days. then they tried to blame FedEx. Then after two days of wasting our time, we finally got an answer, it was In Rhode Island!!!! The Rhode Island store was very rude and said this wasn't their problem and the were not able to get it sent over night! They could not possibly send an employee to the FedEx drop box so it could be sent overnight and be here on time!! I hope this behavior and un caring customer service will be changed in the future for the sake of David's Bridal Future

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Love the dresses. Will do service with this place again.

• Wedding: 01/15/2012
3.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Davids Bridal is a great place to get an overpriced, under made dress... They are a bit pricey on their dresses and the dresses are poorely made. The beads on mine were falling off after an hour. Not Good! The lady helping me that day was a nice lady! She did a great job especially since she was trying to help three of us brides to be at once. One girl wsnt happy and stormed out, but she didnt let that get her down. She was great! Saturdays are very busy days so if you can get a day off during to week to shop, that is what I would recommend!

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My dress was fabulous and when I went in for my appointment my gal was great. I told her what I wanted and didn't want and she found me dresses that fit me not ones that would only fit half of me on a good day. I would use them again if I need another fancy dress.

• Wedding: 10/30/2010
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

We were pleased with the dress that we chose. Just had a little trouble communicating with the lady doing the altering - and we felt like we had make suggestions on what needed altered. The lady helping us select a dress listened to what we were looking for and brought us several dresses - the 5th dress tried on was the one selected. We had to wait a long time in line to pay for our purchases.

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

The staff was helpful and I found the perfect gown. However, they had to ship it from out of state and when I got it, it fit completely different then the one I tried on the store ( and they don't allow returns or exchanges). Make sure to find out if you will be able to purchase the exact gown you try on or if they will be shipping a different one. Also, I went in a week before my wedding to have a bussel added but since I had had my alterations done somewhere else they couldn't touch it, I couldn't even get my complimentary steam cleaning. YIKES.

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My consultant was Katie who was very fun, and very helpful. The store was always busy, but the ladies never failed to put their attention on you. When choosing out my dress, she considered my personality, and found a dress that was me in so many ways! AND on sale! Everything was great!

• Wedding: 08/09/2009
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Lots of dresses to pick through, the workers got a couple things mixed up and confused but overall did a good job

• Wedding: 07/01/2009
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The store personnel were very friendly. It was VERY BUSY when we went to try on dresses(we went on a Sat). Wow! Busy! The gal that we worked with was amazing. Nola(our salesperson) was great. I was in and out of there within 90 minutes! I got the dress of my dreams there! Fittings were great and the staff really helped out a lot. Sad news- Nola is no longer there.

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The only good thing that came of Davids Bridal was my actual dress. They did a terrible job of taking care of me and my bridesmaids. They lost one dress. Barely spoke english. Terrorized me and pushed me around. The manager finally tried to put things right but by the time she got involved the damage was done. No one should get there dress from this location.

• Wedding: 10/11/2008
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I was in love with the two dresses I purchased from David's bridal so I didn't shop around much. I bought my ceremony dress from the store and ordered my reception dress online. The online dress came quickly and was in nice condition when I unpacked it from the box. The store dress was exactly what I was looking for. I loved it as soon as I tried it on. I was not happy with the alterations. I would highly suggest shopping around for alterations and not using David's bridal. It cost almost $200 just to have it hemmed and taken in on the sides. My dress was not tight enough on the top or sides. They told me I needed it looser so I would be able to dance and sit down (which I agreed) but it was still much too loose. I felt like I had to puff up my chest all day and night just to hold my strapless dress up from slipping down too low on my body. I was also unhappy when I saw my pictures because my bra was showing in the back. It was even the same bra that I wore while I had it altered (they tell you to do that) but they just pushed it down further on my back and pulled the dress up which only held like that for a few minutes.
--Great selection and price but BAD alterations for high cost!

• Wedding: 09/19/2008
4.5/5.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

I was very happy with the service I received at David's Bridal, but was very disappointed with their return policy. My wedding was scheduled for November, but the stress got to us, and with so many other things going on around that same time, we decided to elope in our backyard. I was hoping to return my bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses, etc. I was very disappointed to learn that I had to get a refund via store credit, but was able to use it to purchase a more appropriate (albeit more expensive) wedding dress. The biggest problem I had came when I opened up my garment bag 1 hour before the wedding and discovered that my dress, the one I had just purchased a week before, was in tatters. (We later discovered that a certain person was unhappy about our wedding and destroyed the dress to try to stop the wedding) Anyway, I took the dress to David's and the ladies there found me a new dress, and had me in it and on my way out the door with just minutes to spare. The problem was that I had to purchase the dress, and wasn't allowed to just exchange my old one. I kinda understand the policy, but it sucked spending 900 bucks on a $450 wedding dress.

• Wedding: 08/03/2008