Custom Ceremonies

Custom Ceremonies

Creating Warm, Intimate Ceremonies All Over NYS

Oneonta, NY 13820 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

(Bride here.) The fiance and I decided to get married a month after we got engaged so I could be on his health insurance, and saved the "real" wedding for a year down the road. We needed an officiate FAST, and found Emily through Wedding Wire. We were immediately attracted to the fact that she offers completely nondenominational, non-spiritual ceremonies. For our short civil ceremony, Emily worked with us every step of the way, providing us with a brief questionnaire, the answers to which she then crafted into a personalized ceremony. It went so well that we asked her to officiate our big wedding too! This time she gave us a slightly longer questionnaire, and the three of us went back and forth working on it until it was perfect.

Several of our guests commented on how great the ceremony was, and how well it expressed our personalities with some romance and a little humor thrown in. They were all surprised to learn that Emily did most of the work. Since it reflected us so well, they assumed we had written it all ourselves. Emily was a real pleasure to work with, and had great communication. Definitely recommended!!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was great to work with! Our ceremony was personal, yet to the point. Everyone remarked how beautiful it was.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband Joseph and I couldn't have been happier with Emily and our ceremony. Joe and I live on Long Island. It's about 4 1/2 - 5 hours away from where we had our ceremony in Burlington Flats, Ny. Emily was insightful and was in constant contact with us throughout our wedding planning. We had only 5 months to get everything in order and we couldn't have pulled it off without Emily. The couples homework I found to be enjoyable. I enjoyed answering those questions and thinking back to the very begining. Then to share our answers with each other deffinantly brought our relationship to a whole new level. It made our ceremony even more special and we will cherish it forever. Joseph and I look forward to a future vow renewal. Thank you!

Love,
Joseph & Christina

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Christina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was the officiant for our wedding this past September at Cutler Botanical Gardens in Binghamton, NY. My husband and I live out of town so all of our communication with Emily leading up to the wedding was through email; she is SO quick to respond every single time we had a small or large inquiry. She has you fill out a questionnaire to help format the ceremony - and she does an amazing job piecing your responses together to make a personal and witty ceremony! The first draft she sent to us was so perfect. I loved how many examples she had of each detail of the ceremony and that we were able to pick and choose exactly what we wanted to be incorporated. She truly caught who we are as individuals and who we are as a couple.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Going with Custom Ceremonies was one of the best vendor decisions we made. Whereas, with other vendors, we constantly had to be checking in and making sure they still remembered us, with Emily, we always felt fully attended to. In fact, she stayed on top of us to make sure we were getting everything done on time. (It was much needed.) She is incredibly organized and efficient.
The ceremony itself turned out great. We laughed; we cried; it was better than Cats. It is now a month later and guests are still telling us how surprised they were by the emotional spectrum they experienced, all thanks to Emily's well-chosen questions and eloquent synthesis of our answers. We're very grateful.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ceremony held at West Branch resort (Hancock, NY) on 8.31.14 was beautiful! Emily arrived promptly for the rehearsal (after a time change) and walked through the ceremony in a warm, calm, and professional manner. The next day, from the time I entered the pavilion (MOB) I was mesmerized by Emily's calm delivery and how easily the ceremony flowed. She added just enough humor and personal stories to make it a very memorable ceremony. Not only me but many, many guests asked me if Emily was related since she spoke as if you knew the bride and groom. I would highly recommend Emily for creating a unique, special and personal ceremony!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
sueanne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily provided us with a very personalized and warm wedding ceremony. Even thoughh we were unable to meet with her before the ceremony because we don't live in the area, she got to know us through emails and a questionnaire and wrote a sweet and meaningful ceremony for us. She helped us to include the perfect vows and reading. Many of our friends and family members commented on how beautiful the ceremony was.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ceremony Emily performed for us was so beautiful and meaningful. She was extremely responsive to our feedback and ideas.

We received so many compliments about the ceremony from our guests, who all said it was so thoughtfully written and reflected our relationship perfectly.

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
Charlotte
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily wrote a beautiful ceremony script for our wedding. Our friend was the officiant and enjoyed reading it very much and afterwards several guests told us how perfect the ceremony itself was- religious, touching, and funny all in one- there were several moments where people were cracking up during the ceremony and then crying the next. She was very easy to work with and we would certainly recommend Emily to write your ceremony script- and I'm sure she's a wonderful officiant as well!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I very recently got married and Emily was fantastic! Our wedding was unique not only because there was a blending of two faiths, there were also some bittersweet details that were happening for both my husband and me and Emily wove theses things together seamlessly. Our guests were so touched by the personal nature of the ceremony and loved how Emily told our story while weaving both Christian and Jewish customs/traditions throughout. My father had recently passed prior to our wedding and Emily effortlessly brought his spirit to life as she talked about him and paid remembrance to him. My mother, sister and I will forever be grateful for how beautifully she did this. I would highly recommend Emily to anyone-she was simply wonderful.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was incredibly responsive to any questions I had and very helpful throughout the process of developing our custom wedding ceremony. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests on how personal and special the ceremony was. They said it was unlike any other wedding they had attended. It was exactly what I wanted for my wedding and I am so glad that we worked with Emily!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Emily for creating our most moving ceremony. It was the perfect mixture of solemnity and laughter. Several of our guests said it was also perfect in length. You were a delight to work with and you made our special day truly extra special and unique to us. We also appreciated the keepsake copy of the cermony. Thank you forever.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily and Mark exceeded our expectations. We wanted a personal wedding, surrounded by family and friends, and we received more than that. Together, they provided our ceremony, not only the personal touch we dreamed of, but told our story in a way that made everyone laugh and cry. In fact, it was so sweet, I think there were more men than women that cried. Emily was the most responsive (vendor and I dare even use that word!) we woked with for our wedding. She made the process, so easy, and was such a pleasure to work with. I would highly, highly recommend Emily and Mark!!! THANK YOU BOTH from the bottom of our hearts. Patti Ann and James.

Custom Ceremonies responded with the following comments:

Just to clarify - I wrote the ceremony script for this wedding which was performed by my husband, Mark, because I had to perform another wedding at the same time. I'm really sorry that I missed out on this one, but haven't yet figured out how to be in two places at once!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was an outstanding officiant. We have heard feedback from many of our friends and family that attended our wedding stating that they loved our personalized story that Emily wrote for us and thought that ceremony was very intimate and loving. She was very involved in the planning of every detail of the ceremony and I felt very comfortable on the day of the wedding knowing she was our officiant.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Allison
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish Emily was a pleasure to work with. I was extremely impressed with her professionalism, particularly when our neighbor decided to mow his lawn and someone started playing music behind us... she didn't miss a beat. Emily was calming force on our crazy, hectic, beautiful day.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Emily was so helpful and our ceremony was beautiful! Everyone loved the personal touch of our ceremony, it was amazing to be able to choose each part of the ceremony and include your own ideas and thoughts. Emily was very well prepared and gave us great advice and reminders (such as, don't forget to get your marriage license!). I can't wait to see our keepsake from the ceremony - it will be a special addition to our wedding memories.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
607-432-4625
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment