Coastal Events

Coastal Events

Favorite
Camarillo, CA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

What can we say?! James Reed is just an awesome person!!! James (Coastal Events) was recommended to us by Tracy Shaughnessy, Catering Manager at Best Western Posada Royale in Simi Valley, where we had our wedding ceremony & reception on 8/15/15. From our first meeting with James, discussing details about the reception, my now husband (Ron) and I found a connection with James. He's professional, pleasant, friendly, full of ideas, accommodating and very tall (like my husband). :)
Weeks before the day of the wedding, there were last minute changes (beyond our control) to the ceremony venue, and we had to contact James because we will be needing him not only for the reception but also for the ceremony. He's on board with everything, and had great suggestions and on the day of the wedding, everything was PERFECT. *So, hurry up and book him. Trust us, you will have no regrets. Thanks James!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

James is the best in the business. We had a referral from a close friend and after attending a second wedding where he had been DJ at, I knew we were making the right choice. He's flexible & so honest, that's what I loved. I'd give him my ideas & him being in the business for so long, he knew what would work & what wouldn't. Music, to me, is the biggest thing at a wedding, if your music is no good, the party is no good. James knew what he was doing and I knew that I could trust him with anything.

He had also set up the bistro lighting at our wedding (which was awesome) and received so many compliments.

James truly made our wedding day everything I could've dreamt of & more. THANK YOU, James!

Services Used: DJ

James at Coastal Events helped us with lighting for our daughter's sweet 16 party and it turned out beautifully. We had the most compliments and questions about the lighting from other parents who would like to use him in the future for their events. James was extremely helpful, responsive, and easy to work with. We had such a positive experience that for our next event we would start with Coastal Events first and have them help us coordinate the entire event.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

Absolutely LOVE Coastal Events and their staff! I rented a photo booth for our wedding and had so much fun! I've been to other weddings that have photo booths and I have to admit this has been the best one! Although the photo booth was the only thing I got from Coastal Events, James always made sure I was good with everything else I needed for my wedding. He is a person who loves what he does and that made our experience with them perfect!! Thank you James and the rest of the Coastal Event staff!!!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

James was a phenomenal DJ! The lighting and decor was perfect. We had so many comments about how beautiful the room was and how much fun the reception was. He was a big part of the reason why.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Having not meeting until the day before the wedding, due to living out of state, I was every impressed with their services. The Day of Coordinator set everything up and the DJ played all the right songs that I assigned to specific thing, he even suggested a song because I couldn't decide on one. Overall I was very satisfied with their services and would recommend them to anyone of my friends.

Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning

James Reed with Coastal Events was amazing. He did all of our lighting, our ceremony sound, and was our DJ for the reception as well. He kept the night moving along and played a great selection of music. He communicated with our officiant and photographer to make sure that everyone was on the same page, and when our catering was a few minutes late, he made suggestions on how to fill the time gap, but always made sure to leave the final decision up to the bride/groom. My wedding was just last weekend but I have already had people contacting me telling me how great he was and how fun he made the night!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Best DJ/Day of Coordinator Ever!! Couldn't have done it without him!

Services Used: DJ

James was fantastic and probably he best hire we made for the wedding. My wife and I didn't hire a day of coordinator and James took the reins and ran both the ceremony and the reception like he had planned the whole event himself. He was flexible, always full of helpful suggestions, and executed everything exactly as we had imagined. My friends and family are still talking about how great he was 3 weeks after it's over (seriously, I talked to my best man 2 days ago and he made comments about how great James was...). The ONLY area we had problems in was a slight problem on the "day of" timeline. It was copied and pasted from a previous wedding and the times weren't correct. Took about 3 times back and forth to get it right, but that's the only glitch we had and it's SO minimal that I almost didn't mention it. Song selection was great and the party never stopped once we hit the dance floor. He gets everyone involved, his gear is great, he's on time, he's professional, he's good conversation, and he won't disappoint you.

If I need a DJ again James will be my first choice! Book this guy without hesitation. You won't regret it.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding was the truly the best day of our lives and the biggest happy party with friends and family! The dance floor never stopped and much of that can be accredited to our awesome DJ, James Reed! We also loved the light show, which added to our already so colorful wedding day. Thank you James and coastal events!!

Services Used: DJ

James was so much fun to work with! His friendly and down to earth personality made everything so easy and comfortable from the very start. After meeting him, we stopped looking and booked within hours.

His experience and professionalism made for a very organized and enjoyable wedding, for everyone! I, as the bride, felt completely taken care of through the entire wedding. We are so happy we found James, and I know you will be too!

Profile Picture
Staci
1 Review
04/05/2014

Our daughter's wedding couldn't have been more perfect & we owe it all to James and the Coastal Events team. The expertise they brought to the table from planning to the day of the event was amazing. They thought of everything we might need to make the day run seamless. Our wedding coordinator from New York with over 35 years experience said he has never seen a DJ with their knowledge and experience. BIG THANKS to Coastal Events for being great at what they do!!

Services Used: DJ

James saved us from making several huge mistakes, our day truly would not have been as wonderful as it was without his expertise. We were working in very tight quarters and had to make sure the flow was smooth for both the ceremony and reception. Once all that was settled he did an excellent job keeping both families entertained, the photo booth was such a hit and his lighting created the ambiance I had always envisioned. Thank you James!!

Services Used: DJ

Rebecca and James are both amazing!! The two of them made our wedding day perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone!! These two are priceless!!

Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning

James and Rebecca were an amazing part of our amazing wedding and reception. James kept the guests engaged and entertained throughout the night. The up lighting was amazing, it added a whole new level of beautiful to the reception room. Rebecca kept everything flowing and organized as well as keeping track of the photo booth, which was an amazing addition.
If you want your event to be fun and entertaining hire these two, they are simply amazing!!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Planning

James (DJ) and Rebecca (photo booth) were absolutely amazing! James kept the celebration going and played the best mix of music. He also provided up lighting, drapery, and gobo whichever the roomier beautiful than I could have imagined. The photobooth keepsake book was amazing and a huge hit! We have looked through it a dozen times already. I really appreciate the job James and Rebecca did. They were amazing!!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths