Coastal Events

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Staci 1 Reviews
Our daughter's wedding couldn't have been more perfect & we owe it all to James and the Coastal Events team. The expertise they brought to the table from planning to the day of the event was amazing. They thought of everything we might need to make the day run seamless. Our wedding coordinator from New York with over 35 years experience said he has never seen a DJ with their knowledge and experience. BIG THANKS to Coastal Events for being great at what they do!!
Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rebecca and James are both amazing!! The two of them made our wedding day perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone!! These two are priceless!!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James and Rebecca were an amazing part of our amazing wedding and reception. James kept the guests engaged and entertained throughout the night. The up lighting was amazing, it added a whole new level of beautiful to the reception room. Rebecca kept everything flowing and organized as well as keeping track of the photo booth, which was an amazing addition.
If you want your event to be fun and entertaining hire these two, they are simply amazing!!!!!!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Videography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James (DJ) and Rebecca (photo booth) were absolutely amazing! James kept the celebration going and played the best mix of music. He also provided up lighting, drapery, and gobo whichever the roomier beautiful than I could have imagined. The photobooth keepsake book was amazing and a huge hit! We have looked through it a dozen times already. I really appreciate the job James and Rebecca did. They were amazing!!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Private User 5 Reviews
Loved working with James. He is professional and fun at the same time. Plays the songs that you ask even if its super last minute. My wedding way a blast thanks to James!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with James and he went above and beyond. He came highly recommended and I understand why! He is fun while remaining professional. He is able to accommodate any song request, even at the last minute! He helped with coordinating the ceremony and provided fun recommendations of non-traditional songs and entrances, which is what my husband and I were looking for. He really stepped up and helped coordinate the rehearsal when my actual coordinator was unable to make it. I could not have asked for anyone better!!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We went with Coastal Events for our wedding. We spent most of the time speaking with James, who by the way is wonderful, but unfortunately he had a wedding already booked for later the same day. He hooked us up with Steve, who also did an outstanding job. James did the ceremony and cocktail hour portion of our wedding while Steve did the reception part. Both were professional, down to earth and all around great guys. I would highly recommend them for any event.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
HIRE! They were fantastic; on top of everything, more than prepared, made the wedding day a breeze. You won't stress about a thing if you hire them. Hire James he is awesome and beyond professional! You will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 06/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Coastal Events was amazing throughout my wedding process! James was very friendly and helpful! The lighting added so much beauty to the reception hall. There ended up being trouble at the hall (the hall itself, not anything with coastal events) and James was there to listen to my concerns and give me helpful advise. I recommend him highly and you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was our DJ. Right from the start,I was impressed with his professional attitude and knowledge.All my questions were answered very well and I felt very confident choosing him.
On our wedding day we had a great time. He was on top of all aspects of our ceremony and reception.We gave him some general ideas on what we wanted and his selection of music had everybody dancing. He helped make our celebration a truly joyous occasion. I would like to personally thank him. And highly recommend him. He will make your event fun and worry free.
Wedding: 12/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was our DJ. He was the best! If you want a perfect flowing wedding, with promptness, good vibes, and lasting party this is your guy! I would recommended him to any couples who are nervous about selecting a DJ i know what you feel but you won't regret going with James, he makes you feel safe with the flow of your wedding!
Wedding: 07/21/2012
Services Used: DJ, Videography
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Allison 1 Reviews
I didn't worry about a THING! I knew they would be on top of everything!
Wedding: 07/06/2012
Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was awesome. I was very particular about what song I wanted coming down the aisle...I wanted a certain part of a song looped and then a certain part to play when I started coming down the aisle. He did everything to perfection. He even played every song on a playlist for dinner, that I sent very late the night before the wedding. He knew our venue very well, and thus knew where everything should go, and how and where to set up. He even helped my sister in law with planning out a flash mob she had planned as a surprise for me. James helped to make our night perfect.
Wedding: 10/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thanks so much James for providing amazing DJ services for our wedding. We were so last minute with EVERYTHING and you were so patient and everything turned out perfect! Our guests raved about how great you were and we could not have been more pleased. THANKS!!!
Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brandon and I interviewed many wedding DJs before we came across Coastal Events. We almost gave up and were very discouraged and stressed out because we knew if we did not pick a good DJ within our budget it could make or break the entire experience. Brandon and I could not have been happier with the quality of service James and his staff from Coastal Events provided us. It was absolutely EXCEPTIONAL!! He was on top of everything and as a bride (who planned almost the entire wedding by herself) I did not have to worry one second about what was discussed or planned. This was a HUGE plus and meant so much to me. I was able to enjoy our wedding day stress free because I had someone reliable to provide us wonderful entertainment and ensure everything went smoothly and on time. If something needed to be changed at the last minute he had it covered. During the entire process he was responsive and extremely helpful. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ, he definitely made our day that much more special! I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is truly the best for ANY event big or small. Thank you so much Coastal Events for being a part of our dream wedding. It means the world to us and we will never forget it! With love, Mr. & Mrs. Parsel
Wedding: 09/09/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where to start... first the DJ was great. He played a great variety of music which kept a lot of our guests dancing. He also kept the groom and myself informed when he was planning on doing something that would involve us.
We used Rebecca for the day of coordinating. She was great! We met with her about two weeks before the wedding and she really helped us out with our day of time line. From then on she took care of dealing with the vendors which was really nice because I didn't want to anymore. The day of was really hectic, but I think she did a good job of keeping us mostly on track.
John was our engagement and wedding photographer. He is absolutely wonderful. He is very easy going which takes the edge off of having your picture taken. And his pictures are just absolutely stunning. I like his work so much that I'm planning on hiring him to take my Sister's maternity photos.
The services were also at a great price since they all work for the same company.
Wedding: 08/06/2011
Services Used: DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning
 805-218-9075
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire