Coastal Events

Coastal Events

Camarillo, CA
805.218.9075
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Having not meeting until the day before the wedding, due to living out of state, I was every impressed with their services. The Day of Coordinator set everything up and the DJ played all the right songs that I assigned to specific thing, he even suggested a song because I couldn't decide on one. Overall I was very satisfied with their services and would recommend them to anyone of my friends.

Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning

James Reed with Coastal Events was amazing. He did all of our lighting, our ceremony sound, and was our DJ for the reception as well. He kept the night moving along and played a great selection of music. He communicated with our officiant and photographer to make sure that everyone was on the same page, and when our catering was a few minutes late, he made suggestions on how to fill the time gap, but always made sure to leave the final decision up to the bride/groom. My wedding was just last weekend but I have already had people contacting me telling me how great he was and how fun he made the night!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Best DJ/Day of Coordinator Ever!! Couldn't have done it without him!

Services Used: DJ

James was fantastic and probably he best hire we made for the wedding. My wife and I didn't hire a day of coordinator and James took the reins and ran both the ceremony and the reception like he had planned the whole event himself. He was flexible, always full of helpful suggestions, and executed everything exactly as we had imagined. My friends and family are still talking about how great he was 3 weeks after it's over (seriously, I talked to my best man 2 days ago and he made comments about how great James was...). The ONLY area we had problems in was a slight problem on the "day of" timeline. It was copied and pasted from a previous wedding and the times weren't correct. Took about 3 times back and forth to get it right, but that's the only glitch we had and it's SO minimal that I almost didn't mention it. Song selection was great and the party never stopped once we hit the dance floor. He gets everyone involved, his gear is great, he's on time, he's professional, he's good conversation, and he won't disappoint you.

If I need a DJ again James will be my first choice! Book this guy without hesitation. You won't regret it.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding was the truly the best day of our lives and the biggest happy party with friends and family! The dance floor never stopped and much of that can be accredited to our awesome DJ, James Reed! We also loved the light show, which added to our already so colorful wedding day. Thank you James and coastal events!!

Services Used: DJ

James was so much fun to work with! His friendly and down to earth personality made everything so easy and comfortable from the very start. After meeting him, we stopped looking and booked within hours.

His experience and professionalism made for a very organized and enjoyable wedding, for everyone! I, as the bride, felt completely taken care of through the entire wedding. We are so happy we found James, and I know you will be too!

Profile Picture
Staci
1 Review
04/05/2014

Our daughter's wedding couldn't have been more perfect & we owe it all to James and the Coastal Events team. The expertise they brought to the table from planning to the day of the event was amazing. They thought of everything we might need to make the day run seamless. Our wedding coordinator from New York with over 35 years experience said he has never seen a DJ with their knowledge and experience. BIG THANKS to Coastal Events for being great at what they do!!

Services Used: DJ

James saved us from making several huge mistakes, our day truly would not have been as wonderful as it was without his expertise. We were working in very tight quarters and had to make sure the flow was smooth for both the ceremony and reception. Once all that was settled he did an excellent job keeping both families entertained, the photo booth was such a hit and his lighting created the ambiance I had always envisioned. Thank you James!!

Services Used: DJ

Rebecca and James are both amazing!! The two of them made our wedding day perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone!! These two are priceless!!

Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning

James and Rebecca were an amazing part of our amazing wedding and reception. James kept the guests engaged and entertained throughout the night. The up lighting was amazing, it added a whole new level of beautiful to the reception room. Rebecca kept everything flowing and organized as well as keeping track of the photo booth, which was an amazing addition.
If you want your event to be fun and entertaining hire these two, they are simply amazing!!!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Planning

James (DJ) and Rebecca (photo booth) were absolutely amazing! James kept the celebration going and played the best mix of music. He also provided up lighting, drapery, and gobo whichever the roomier beautiful than I could have imagined. The photobooth keepsake book was amazing and a huge hit! We have looked through it a dozen times already. I really appreciate the job James and Rebecca did. They were amazing!!!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Loved working with James. He is professional and fun at the same time. Plays the songs that you ask even if its super last minute. My wedding way a blast thanks to James!

Services Used: DJ

I worked with James and he went above and beyond. He came highly recommended and I understand why! He is fun while remaining professional. He is able to accommodate any song request, even at the last minute! He helped with coordinating the ceremony and provided fun recommendations of non-traditional songs and entrances, which is what my husband and I were looking for. He really stepped up and helped coordinate the rehearsal when my actual coordinator was unable to make it. I could not have asked for anyone better!!

Services Used: DJ

We went with Coastal Events for our wedding. We spent most of the time speaking with James, who by the way is wonderful, but unfortunately he had a wedding already booked for later the same day. He hooked us up with Steve, who also did an outstanding job. James did the ceremony and cocktail hour portion of our wedding while Steve did the reception part. Both were professional, down to earth and all around great guys. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Services Used: DJ

HIRE! They were fantastic; on top of everything, more than prepared, made the wedding day a breeze. You won't stress about a thing if you hire them. Hire James he is awesome and beyond professional! You will not be disappointed.

Services Used: DJ

Coastal Events was amazing throughout my wedding process! James was very friendly and helpful! The lighting added so much beauty to the reception hall. There ended up being trouble at the hall (the hall itself, not anything with coastal events) and James was there to listen to my concerns and give me helpful advise. I recommend him highly and you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor