Coastal Events

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
James Reed with Coastal Events was amazing. He did all of our lighting, our ceremony sound, and was our DJ for the reception as well. He kept the night moving along and played a great selection of music. He communicated with our officiant and photographer to make sure that everyone was on the same page, and when our catering was a few minutes late, he made suggestions on how to fill the time gap, but always made sure to leave the final decision up to the bride/groom. My wedding was just last weekend but I have already had people contacting me telling me how great he was and how fun he made the night!
Wedding: 09/27/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best DJ/Day of Coordinator Ever!! Couldn't have done it without him!
Wedding: 09/13/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was fantastic and probably he best hire we made for the wedding. My wife and I didn't hire a day of coordinator and James took the reins and ran both the ceremony and the reception like he had planned the whole event himself. He was flexible, always full of helpful suggestions, and executed everything exactly as we had imagined. My friends and family are still talking about how great he was 3 weeks after it's over (seriously, I talked to my best man 2 days ago and he made comments about how great James was...). The ONLY area we had problems in was a slight problem on the "day of" timeline. It was copied and pasted from a previous wedding and the times weren't correct. Took about 3 times back and forth to get it right, but that's the only glitch we had and it's SO minimal that I almost didn't mention it. Song selection was great and the party never stopped once we hit the dance floor. He gets everyone involved, his gear is great, he's on time, he's professional, he's good conversation, and he won't disappoint you.

If I need a DJ again James will be my first choice! Book this guy without hesitation. You won't regret it.
Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was the truly the best day of our lives and the biggest happy party with friends and family! The dance floor never stopped and much of that can be accredited to our awesome DJ, James Reed! We also loved the light show, which added to our already so colorful wedding day. Thank you James and coastal events!!
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was so much fun to work with! His friendly and down to earth personality made everything so easy and comfortable from the very start. After meeting him, we stopped looking and booked within hours.

His experience and professionalism made for a very organized and enjoyable wedding, for everyone! I, as the bride, felt completely taken care of through the entire wedding. We are so happy we found James, and I know you will be too!
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Staci 1 Reviews
Our daughter's wedding couldn't have been more perfect & we owe it all to James and the Coastal Events team. The expertise they brought to the table from planning to the day of the event was amazing. They thought of everything we might need to make the day run seamless. Our wedding coordinator from New York with over 35 years experience said he has never seen a DJ with their knowledge and experience. BIG THANKS to Coastal Events for being great at what they do!!
Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James saved us from making several huge mistakes, our day truly would not have been as wonderful as it was without his expertise. We were working in very tight quarters and had to make sure the flow was smooth for both the ceremony and reception. Once all that was settled he did an excellent job keeping both families entertained, the photo booth was such a hit and his lighting created the ambiance I had always envisioned. Thank you James!!
Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rebecca and James are both amazing!! The two of them made our wedding day perfect from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone!! These two are priceless!!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James and Rebecca were an amazing part of our amazing wedding and reception. James kept the guests engaged and entertained throughout the night. The up lighting was amazing, it added a whole new level of beautiful to the reception room. Rebecca kept everything flowing and organized as well as keeping track of the photo booth, which was an amazing addition.
If you want your event to be fun and entertaining hire these two, they are simply amazing!!!!!!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Videography
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James (DJ) and Rebecca (photo booth) were absolutely amazing! James kept the celebration going and played the best mix of music. He also provided up lighting, drapery, and gobo whichever the roomier beautiful than I could have imagined. The photobooth keepsake book was amazing and a huge hit! We have looked through it a dozen times already. I really appreciate the job James and Rebecca did. They were amazing!!!
Wedding: 08/10/2013
Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Private User 5 Reviews
Loved working with James. He is professional and fun at the same time. Plays the songs that you ask even if its super last minute. My wedding way a blast thanks to James!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with James and he went above and beyond. He came highly recommended and I understand why! He is fun while remaining professional. He is able to accommodate any song request, even at the last minute! He helped with coordinating the ceremony and provided fun recommendations of non-traditional songs and entrances, which is what my husband and I were looking for. He really stepped up and helped coordinate the rehearsal when my actual coordinator was unable to make it. I could not have asked for anyone better!!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We went with Coastal Events for our wedding. We spent most of the time speaking with James, who by the way is wonderful, but unfortunately he had a wedding already booked for later the same day. He hooked us up with Steve, who also did an outstanding job. James did the ceremony and cocktail hour portion of our wedding while Steve did the reception part. Both were professional, down to earth and all around great guys. I would highly recommend them for any event.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
HIRE! They were fantastic; on top of everything, more than prepared, made the wedding day a breeze. You won't stress about a thing if you hire them. Hire James he is awesome and beyond professional! You will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 06/02/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Coastal Events was amazing throughout my wedding process! James was very friendly and helpful! The lighting added so much beauty to the reception hall. There ended up being trouble at the hall (the hall itself, not anything with coastal events) and James was there to listen to my concerns and give me helpful advise. I recommend him highly and you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
James was our DJ. Right from the start,I was impressed with his professional attitude and knowledge.All my questions were answered very well and I felt very confident choosing him.
On our wedding day we had a great time. He was on top of all aspects of our ceremony and reception.We gave him some general ideas on what we wanted and his selection of music had everybody dancing. He helped make our celebration a truly joyous occasion. I would like to personally thank him. And highly recommend him. He will make your event fun and worry free.
Wedding: 12/12/2012
 805-218-9075
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire