Celebration Entertainment DJ Services

3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The Dj really seemed like he was listening to us about songs we wanted played, and no requests, but as the wedding night approached it seems he had forgot all that we talked about. A couple of our guest also complained that he was rude to them.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brad was our DJ and he was AWESOME! They also have a great photobooth ad-on that is great as well! The music and atmosphere was everything we wanted it to be!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Im Not at all happy with Celebration Entertainment. Talking with brad the manager I thought i was getting an amazing deal and was so excited to have this company as my DJ because music is one of the most important parts of a reception. Brad told me all the horrer stories of other companies and said that would NEVER happen if we went through him he also said that all of his DJs had 10 years or more experince. WELL, 2 days before the wedding brad called and said that the DJ we were going to have was a radio DJ and this was his very first wedding not a good sign, but i went with it trusting brads judgement... Then at the reception it was a mess! At dinner he was supposed to be telling certain table to be excused to get their food, I looked up and notcie our DJ kept going outside and the line for the buffet was empty and tables were not being excused so I HAD TO DO IT,Then he didnt play the right song I requested for the garter toss he played a really dumb song, We were requesting songs we could dance too and he said he didnt have over half those songs,he was supposed to show us dances that went with some of the songs NEVER happend,He played NONE of the songs Me, my husband or my guests requested, he played very old songs that we didnt really know and when we asked him to play something differant he got an attitude and was not very willing to change what he was doing,He was VERY VERY rude to our guests kept telling them that they couldnt reqest songs because they werent dancing to the ones they requested, yes we had a long reception so not everyone was dancing the hole night, but a DJ gets paid eaither way! Im almost embarassed to say we paid so much for their service. And Brad didnt even call me to see how the DJ went, What kind of a manager are you? I should have known better because Brad was not very orginized and lost paper work and forgot that we had phone conversations. In fact if I would have not gotten in writeing the hours that we had aggreed on and I put a down payment on I would have gotten screwed because he told me I was wrong and he would not have gavin me that price for that amount of hours. If you are a Bride or a Groom looking for a DJ PLEASE do not pick this company, I thought because we were paying so much we would have gotten better quality, but I was sadley mistaken. I wish I could get a refund, or part of my money back... BUT that wont happen though it should! I was promised a serive that was not givin to me.My wedding was beautiful, my reception was great other than the music and I hope that anyone look for a DJ has a wonderful time... BUT please pick a DJ through a differant company. I wish I would have read the reviews before I called them. LESSON LEARNED!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Brad Elley the manager met with us and we payed him in FULL to get the discount and for him to be or dj. I mailed in my packet of papers to him in March and I was getting married in July.
A week later he called me and said that he got my name from a vendor and wanted to know if I was looking for a DJ. I was furious!!! and reminded him that I had already booked him and payed in full.
Then he called me 2 weeks before my wedding and said that I had to change my wedding song because he had it and said that I should not use the internet to find songs, he only uses cd's.
So I made a meeting with him, drove to grand rapids where he wanted to meet and he never showed up! So when he finally called me 2 hours later and had excuses I fired him and he claimed that I would not find anyone better than him and I would regret my decision
I found a great Dj and who was cheaper than Brad too.

So here it is almost 2 months AFTER my wedding and I still have not received a check back for my refund. When i asked him about a refund he said that would be a couple weeks because it was slow season for him! Last time I checked it was wedding season!!
Now I am taking him to small claims court to get my money back and hope that he NEVER dj's again!!!

Brad SUCKS

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We LOVED our dj, Jeff. He called me a week or two before the wedding to go over final details. When I wanted him to set up early so that they weren't setting up while guests were there, it was no problem - just charged a minimal cost. He played exactly the type of music we were wanting and made sure the dance floor was always hopping. He also played EVERY request my 3 1/2 year old nephew made - which definitely impressed me :) He went up to me and my husband before he did everything - like announcing the dances, cake cutting, dollar dance, etc to make sure we were okay with it. The night went really smooth and everyone had a blast. I'm so glad we went with this dj service! Couldn't recommend them enough :)

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
Profile Picture
Andrea
5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our DJ Jeff was awesome!!! We met up before the wedding and told him some specificalities that were very important to me and my family and he respected them the entire reception. He played everything we asked him to. He even interacted with our guests and made my night memorable and everything I wanted. Ask for him if you're looking into this company! Thanks for everything Jeff!!

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
3.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We negotiated our contract with Brad. He was super responsive and was in constant contact UNTIL we signed the contract. Once we signed the contract, I didn't hear from him until 2 days prior to the wedding. He then gave us the name of our DJ and told me Hugh would be in contact with me. I spoke to Hugh the day before my wedding and he appoligized and told me he just rec'd my package. He and I went for some details and Hugh worked out great. He did such a wonderful job with everything despite having such a short notice from the owner Brad.

• Wedding: 05/15/2010
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Everything was fine until the reception. Brad had to specially downlaod and burn our "special" songs to a CD... which ended up NOT working when it came to the reception. My husband and I spend hours picking out our mother/son and father/daughter dance songs and they were very special and meaningful to us. The DJ came up to me and told me it wasn't working and I instantly cried. I was way too overwhelmed to pick new songs at that point(because lots of things had already not been working out for me on our day). So when it came to our dances.. it just wasn't as special as I wanted it to be. I was very dissappointed.

• Wedding: 08/29/2009
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Leading up to the wedding, I was very excited about working with Celebration Entertainment. I negotiated the contract with Brad Eley, the owner of the company, and he was very accomodating of our budget and what we wanted out of a DJ, especially since we were hiring one to do our reception and ceremony music. My husband and I poured over the planning packet and the suggested song list, making sure we included every detail we wanted.

The ceremony music went off without a hitch - and considering it wasn't very complicated music that was to be expected. It was at the reception that everything began to fall apart, starting with being introduced to the incorrect name! I know I had stated several times that I was keeping my own name - it was more than slightly annoying to be introduced using my husband's name.

The night slowly decayed from there. Not all of the toasts were done, and neither were many of the dances and songs we'd specifically requested. He checked in once, early on in the evening, with my husband to see if he should do the other dances (anniversary dance, dollar dance) immediately or wait awhile. My husband instructed him to get the party started, and do those other dances later. They never came. A song that has special meaning to our friends - which I had discussed with the DJ needed to be played early on in the evening - had to be specifically requested. He hunted down the single women, calling them out for the bouquet toss, when I had specifically said I did not want to perpetuate that sort of behavior at my wedding. To no avail, apparently.

He did keep the party going all night long, and was responsive to requests - I'm just disappointed that I had to specifically make those requests when they had already been discussed.

• Wedding: 02/21/2008
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
4.5/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Ted was the DJ for my sister-in-laws wedding and 2 other couples we know. They did an excellent job.

• Wedding: 04/28/2007