Cakework

Cakework

San Francisco, CA
415.821.1333
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

4.1
Value
Flexibility
Michael
04/20/2013

We described exactly what we wanted and got exactly what we wanted. Most cake companies only offer Fondant or Butter Cream frosting on their cakes. We wanted NONE OF THE ABOVE. She has this wonderful WHITE CHOCOLATE frosting that was out of this world. This lady is top notch through and through. She is well known, not just locally but on a National level. I would recommend Cecile Gady (CakeWork...singular, not plural, one word) to anyone for any event. Be patient. She is in high demand. Pricing is what you would expect. Our cake had 4 layers and 3 different flavors....one being CHEESECAKE, and the layers alternated square then round. How cool is that? Delivered on-time, displayed perfectly. I can't say enough about this company. Thank you for making our perfect wedding cake. We will be eating our top layer in less than a month to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Thank you again from Michael & Kim Rukavina

Irla
1 Review
09/04/2012

Our wedding invitations were WORD of MOUTH! I only had 3 weeks to plan my wedding in SF (vacation home rental, venue, transportation, wedding cake, dress, etc). My husband and I live in San Clemente, CA and recently got married at the SF City Hall on Tuesday, Sept 4, 2012. We wanted to be part of history of where Marilyn Monroe & Joe DiMaggio got married. It was initially suppose to be just me and my husband getting married. After some thoughts, we decided to invite just family & close friends (total 18 guests).

We narrowed our wedding reception to the Bistro Boudin at the Wharf. Thank goodness, the private dining room was available on Tuesday, 9/4/12. Valerie, the Special Event Manager, was so nice about booking it for us. I also asked her if she could recommend a Cake Chef and without hesitation gave Cecile high remarks. I've never met Cecile and we just communicated by phone and emails only. I did some of my research before and based on her http://yelp.com reviews and her website, I was convinced that she would do a fantastic job on our wedding cake.
We decided on Tiffany Blue Gift boxes wedding cake with TODAY Cheesecake flavor. I also wanted calla lilies, instead of white roses to match my wedding bouquet. She just took care of everything for us- how to get the cake to the Bistro Boudin.
My guests, husband and I were so intrigued by the delicate calla lilies, silver leaves & pearls and white chocolate bows. The cake was just beautiful!! We didn't want to touch or eat it! It was just precious! We were very happy, everything turned out beyond our expectations.
Thank you Cecile for making our special day complete! You have made our wedding day very memorable!
I will definitely be looking you again.... I can't thank you enough for making our personalized wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We got a delicious and beautiful GLUTEN FREE wedding cake at Cakework. Sometimes it is hard to find something GLUTEN FREE on the market that has the same quality as a wheat product - but it is certainly not a problem at cakework. Our guests loved the cake!
We had a great experience with Cecile, the owner and the main pastry chef, she is available and easy to get along with and her work is just amazing. We will certainly keep her in mind for birthdays and other events, too :).

Lisa
1 Review
10/09/2010

i definitely recommend cecile's cakes. they are moist and delicious. she isn't very responsive because she is so busy but we were lucky that our coordinator had a good relationship with her and handled all of the logistics with her. she has a great eye for design.

3.0

Cecile helped me create a beautiful, modern and stylish cake for our wedding! I was very happy with the results.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

If there is one thing EVERYONE talked about after my wedding, it was the cake. Not only was it a work of art (several guests thought it was a scultpture), but it was the tastiest cake I have ever had at anyone's wedding. The first thing you need to know about this baker, is she does not use fondant. She creates incredible cakes using chocolate. Don't worry though, you can get any flavor combination you want. Although I highly recommend the chocolate cake with orange chocolate mouse. We ordered a three tier chocolate boxes cake with semi sweet chocolate "wrapping paper", and white chocolate ribbon. The pricing is very reasonable when you realise the quality of cake you are getting. And I can't forget to mention the service is great. Cecile really has everything under control. I had to plan my wedding from 600 miles away, so all my consultations were over the phone, and I always felt taken care of. I guess you can tell I loved my cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We hired Cakework to provide cupcakes for 100. The level of detail they showed to each cake was amazing. I got married in the "off" season, so I felt like I really had their attention the entire time. My guests are still talking about the beautiful cakes that were almost too pretty to eat.

3.6

We had cupcakes and a small cake for our wedding, and while things were a little pricey, I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setup. Also, they were very good at helping me come up with what I wanted, I went in with a color scheme and not much else, and came out with a creative plan that was everything I wanted but couldn't articulate well.

sfgirl100106
10/01/2006
2.5

They created a beautiful cake for us, but it tasted no where near as good as the cake tasting. The wedding cake itself looked great, but was dry and tasteless. Until we were booked, they were pretty responsive, but once booked I had a hard time getting them to return my calls.