1053 Lincoln Ave., Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95123 Map · Phone number

About Jen's Cakes

Jen's Cakes creates custom cakes for all occasions. Please call us with any questions or to set up a time for a complimentary wedding cake tasting.

BCDamask

1 User photo

Jen's Cakes 1
  • Jfrette

J · Getting married on 06/14/2020

We worked with Jen's Cakes for our wedding cake and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Our initial cake tasting with them was the first indication that they would be great. Strangely enough, I was wasting away with the flu at the time, so my fiance (now husband) had to go to the tasting by himself. As I listened in over the phone, I could tell how he loved everything he tried. Wishing that I could have some, I thought I simply had to opt out of this one until a later date. Luckily, the ladies at Jen's Cakes were so awesome, they prepared a sampling of several cakes for my husband to take home to -- talk about pre-emptive service!

As I tasted each of them, it was a no-brainer that we would have to work with them for our wedding -- I mean, how often does one find wedding cakes super tasty? Let's face it: most wedding cakes have a reputation for being vaguely reminiscent of cardboard. Especially if they are attractive cakes. But Jen's creations appeared to be beautiful AND delicious -- AND, their prices were by far and away the best deal we had found in our exhaustive searching.

Hashing out ideas for a cake that resonated to our fairy tale theme with our chosen flavors, we were very happy with our plan. Yet closer to the date, I wondered about the gold airbrushed look we'd chosen -- would it be exactly what we wanted? What if we wanted a more metallic look? Well, of course we wanted a more metallic golden look (believe me it looked royal, not tacky ;-)

In response to my inquiry about wanting a more heavy dry-brushed gold appearance, Jen did us a HUGE favor and gave us exactly what we wanted without increasing the price -- and believe me, this adjustment was actually an up-charge.

And gloriously, on the wedding day, I beheld a gorgeous golden cake with scrolls -- one that looked totally fairy tale, totally royal, and totally expensive (even though it wasn't). It was definitely a conversation piece in and of itself! But still . . . what about the taste? It's easy to make cake taste moist and delicious in small samples, but how would it be for the real deal in large quantities?

Absolutely amazing. When my husband and I cut the cake and tried a bite, I was overwhelmed by how it tasted even BETTER than when I'd tried it the first time. Seriously, this was unbelievable: how could something be so beautiful and affordable and delicious at the same time? It really was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted and I am a very tough critic.

As could be expected, the cake was demolished by people who came back for seconds, and finally, thirds. Indeed, I was not the only one who adored this cake. Luckily, we did make arrangements to save the top tier so that we can once again enjoy a delicate slice on our first year anniversary.

. . . . So, f you decide to work with Jen's cakes, I imagine your experience will be rather similar ours! Needless to say, I highly recommend.
    P.S. Don't forget to preserve the top tier!!!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Kayla · Getting married on 10/12/2019

We were very pleased with the cake we purchased from Jen’s Cakes for our wedding. We wanted a few flavors, and Jen had a wide variety for our to choose from and we were able to find one that all of our guests loved. Jen was very helpful during the planning process, and helped me to hone in on what I really wanted for the cake design. The cake turned out absolutely beautifully and was extremely elegant. The cake itself was delicious – it was extremely moist and flavorful and we received a number of compliments from guests. Throughout the process, Jen was professional, kind, and helpful, and I would certainly recommend her and her work to others!

Sent on 05/26/2017

AARON · Married on 09/08/2018

The team at Jen's Cakes is on top of things and everything went smoothly. Our appointment was rather quick as we chose a 3-tier, Kahlua Chocolate cake and rented a tree stump base to match our theme.

The cake arrived very early and our floral vendor had plenty of time to decorate it. Everyone at our wedding really, really enjoyed the cake. We would not hesitate to recommend them for other people's weddings or using them again for a special event.

Sent on 09/20/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jen's Cakes FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• The Ranch Golf Club
    The Ranch Golf Club Country Club Weddings

Love...love...love Jen's Cakes. Not only are the cakes 'to die for', but she and Lucy are a dream to work with. I would recommend Jen's to anyone anytime. Check these fabulous ladies out...you won't be disappointed!

• LightSplash Photography
    LightSplash Photography Wedding Photographers

Jen's Cakes is amazing. Hands down. I'd trust no one else with my cakes and deserts. She's hilarious and so easy to work with. Her cakes are amazing, beautiful, creative and above all delicious! Truly a professional and amazingly creative. Jen's Cakes is the ONLY cake vendor anyone should use!

• 1053 Lincoln Ave., Suite 100 San Jose, 95123 See on map