Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The Farmington Ballroom at Avon Belle Terrace was the perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner, first look photos, and wedding reception! From the first time we visited the facility, my fiance and I fell in love with the historic charm on the Farmington side of the venue. We also really liked the all-inclusive packages at Belle Terrace -- the price includes food, cake, bar, linens, bridal attendant, etc. And they do not hit you with hidden fees at any point during the process. We also could tell that Belle Terrace is not a wedding factory, and that we would get personal attention. This assumption held true during the year that we were under contract leading up to our wedding. Our coordinator at the venue, Melissa, met with us several times to select food, go over details, and help us plan a schedule for our wedding day. She and every other staff member we interacted with were always professional and helpful.
We had about 125 guests at our March 2015 wedding, which approached the maximum capacity on the Farmington Ballroom side of the venue, yet it did not feel cramped at all. The staff members were extremely accommodating with the whole bridal party as well as the rest of the guests. We chose stations for the food at both our rehearsal dinner and wedding, including mac-n-cheese, sliders, pasta, and a carving station. Many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding food they've ever had! My now husband and I often talk about how we wish Belle Terrace was a restaurant we could go to whenever we wanted -- because we would be there all of the time to experience the delicious food, friendly staff, and beautiful decor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was married in June at home in seattle and wanted to hold a belated wedding reception in my home state of CT in the fall. My search for reception venues was completely conducted online. I stumbled upon BT and fell in love with the Historic Farmington wing. It was so unique, homey, and quintessential New England. I was able to negotiate a favorable rate and got a perfect fall Saturday evening. My contracts were all signed by email and everything was conducted smoothly mostly by email and phone/FaceTime. Melissa and Jake were a wonderful team and took care of me 100%! They helped me prepare a delicious menu and make little tweaks to my liking. They also let me be me and not do all the traditional reception items. They understood I just wanted a nice party with good food and dancing and that's exactly what I got. I didn't even see the venue until the day before my reception, but everything was perfect and even better than all their great photos on their website and Facebook. My guests commented on the food and drinks. Some nosy relatives even asked me if the venue was very expensive because of how nice it looked! Jake, Michelle, and staff were great at the reception and made sure everything was going smoothly all night. They even helped plan a surprise with my sister, the matron of honor, who was unable to make it. It was wonderful! I would highly recommend BT!! And guests loved that the hotel was just across the street. The hotel, photographer, and dj were all preferred vendors of BT and worked perfectly together too. Made things much easier to plan from seattle! Thanks for a great night, BT!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We selected Belle Terrace because of the location between our families, having a hotel directly across the street, and the value of the package we receive compared to other venues in the area. From the beginning, we thought Belle Terrace was beautiful - both the ballroom and the historic side. We chose the ballroom for our reception location and used the historic forge room for photos prior to the reception. The food was exceptional - our guests raved about their meals and the appetizers! The waitstaff and bartenders were friendly and responded quickly to guests' requests and questions. We think they all checked-in and congratulated us at some point during the night, too! Jake was our go-to that night, and we couldn't have imagined how seamlessly he made things happen! He helped us change a last-minute detail for our guests, he made sure we had all the tasty appetizers we were hoping for, and personally checked-in with us multiple times. He knew every single detail- even our guests with allergies (the staff was very helpful to them, too) and made sure they were all in place only after seeing us once. The only criticism we would have of Belle Terrace was the multiple contacts we had throughout our planning (3 total, with a switch a few weeks prior to our wedding) - while each was fantastic, thorough, and thoughtful, it was stressful on our end to try to make sure that all the pieces were still in place after each transition. But in the end, everything was beyond perfect!

3.5

Daughter had her reception in the Farmington Ballroom. All the guest raved about it as it was beautiful. From the time we booked the venue to the actual wedding date, we had dealt with three different event consultants so that was a little stressful and I felt like I needed to repeat myself and make sure things were written down. We were concerned about the food after going to the tasting as it was not so great but it was much better for the actual event!
The one drawback was that the time table was always a bit behind what we had envisioned. It all began when guest arrived at proposed time and servers were not quite ready. This continued to be an issue and caused the amount of time that we had contracted the band to play to be shortened. Otherwise, a beautiful place and the newest event consultant really tried her best to accommodate us

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.7

The staff at Belle Terrace were amazing! They made our day very special and stress-free!! Christine, Melissa and Jake were great to work with! They made our day one we will never forget!

Recently Married

I really can not say enough good things about Belle Terrace. From the first time we visited until the actual wedding day, they really did go out of their way to accommodate us. They went above and beyond to make us happy. We had our wedding in the ballroom area and used the outside terrace for the ceremony. It was a perfect day and all of the guests raved. Not one bad remark. People loved the signature drinks belle terrace made and the appetizers were really amazing. We did have a few wedding coordinators, and there was a transition close to the wedding. I think we were concerned things would be "lost in the transition" but nothing was. Everything was in our file and easily taken care of. The day of Jake and the other staff were wonderful. We really lucked out with Belle Terrace.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole staff at Belle Terrace was great to work with. We booked them 1 year 1/2 out and were always on top of things throughout the entire 18 months.
We came from the Boston area and were flexible with meeting times and even had our rehearsal on a Saturday morning, on their busiest day.
During the actual wedding, the staff was on top of it and made sure that everything was as we wanted it to be. Jake and Christine were just the best!
The property was beautiful and really had a rustic feel which we were looking for in their Historic side. Lots of space to use from a cocktail area with a bar, rooms for the bridal party/groomsmen, dinning area and more...
We highly recommend Belle Terrace!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception in the historic Farmington wing of this venue, rather than in the more "traditional" ballroom side. We loved the historic character of all the spaces, antique furnishings, and exposed wood and brick; it was really perfect for us given our interests.
Christine was a joy to work with in the weeks leading up to our wedding, and she really took the time to answer all of my detailed questions. Jake was our on-the-day point person, and he was just a doll. He was on top of everything, calm, kind, and just wonderful.
The food was delicious! It went above and beyond what one might expect from a "catering hall" or from "generic wedding food." All of our guests were raving about the appetizers and the entrees.
I wish I could do my wedding all over again to spend more time at this place, with this staff, and eating this food!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Belle Terrace was the perfect location for our wedding reception - they offered everything we were looking for, and had absolutely perfect service. Elizabeth was amazing to work with - she was very responsive and accommodating. Jake did a fantastic job coordinating the day-of events - I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. My guests had a wonderful time, everyone commented on how good the food was, and how everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend holding your event here!

Andrea
03/01/2014

Our brunch wedding at Avon Belle Terrace was fabulous, thanks to Elizabeth and the entire staff. The event went smoothly and on time. Everyone of our guests had a great time. The venue is beautiful, the food delicious, and the helpfulness of the staff is to be commended. I would definitely have another important event at the Belle Terrace.

Patty
02/15/2014
4.7

The wedding day itself went beautifully without any mishaps. The banquet manager was outstanding. The planning up to the event wasnt great. Verbal details dropped and had to be resent in written form to get planner to remember. But overall thought value wad great and food was good. Should have asked to have appetizers left out to avoid waste and give bridal party opportunity to try the food.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

This place was amazing for my venue. I used the more rustic side for a morning ceremony and then a brunch reception. It was a beautiful venue and the staff was superb. The food was fantastic and i would recommend this place to everyone, they did exactly what I wanted and it was a wonderful event

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.3

We very much enjoyed our weddng reception brunch at Bell Terrace. Everyone was very cooperative and interested in making the event what we wanted it to be.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Susan
01/03/2014

Belle Terrace is a beautiful venue. We had our wedding in the old section of what used to be Avon Old Farms Inn. It's a beautiful 18th century building, which includes the Farmington Ballroom, a blacksmith's forgery, parlor, and the tavern (where cocktail hour is held). Our guests loved the venue, particularly its sense of history, and the food. We had dinner stations and chose the potsticker station in addition to the carving stations. Everyone raved about the food. Because we got married in January, which is wedding off-season, we were offered a great deal. We wanted to get married during the Christmas season (our wedding was right between New Year's and epiphany) and couldn't have picked a more beautiful venue. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous. The staff were always polite and helpful and made everything easy for us. (And if you have a wedding at Belle Terrace, chose Creative Cakes by Donna as your wedding cake option--her cake is amazing. We keep receiving compliments on it and it seemed that all our guests wanted to take pictures of it).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I cannot thank Belle Terrace enough for giving us the perfect wedding. It was more than we could have ever imagined. The venue is stunning, the food is amazing, the staff are absolute professionals. Working with Elizabeth during the planning process was so incredibly easy - she was always very responsive, helpful, and accommodating. Desmond, who was our event coordinator for the rehearsal and actual wedding day, was the BEST. He was everywhere - making sure the set up was perfect, assuring everything was running on time and smoothly. And everything did go just as planned and looked exactly as we hoped. Our guests raved about the venue and especially the food. This is not typical wedding food. It is above and beyond anything you ever see at a wedding or large reception. Again, we cannot thank Belle Terrace enough. Engaged couples out there, check them out! You will not be disappointed!!

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for the great review Erika! It was such an easy process working with you, even though it was mainly by email and phone! I'm so glad that you and Brady were happy with everything! I wish you both the best!!!

Best wishes,
Elizabeth Ferguson
Wedding and Social Sales Manager

1+ year ago

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at Bella Terrace, wish we had the wedding there. Everything was perfect! Food was excellent, staff was incredibly accommodating. Beautiful venue, recommend the venue highly.

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure working with you! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future! Take care!

Best wishes,