Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I was married in June at home in seattle and wanted to hold a belated wedding reception in my home state of CT in the fall. My search for reception venues was completely conducted online. I stumbled upon BT and fell in love with the Historic Farmington wing. It was so unique, homey, and quintessential New England. I was able to negotiate a favorable rate and got a perfect fall Saturday evening. My contracts were all signed by email and everything was conducted smoothly mostly by email and phone/FaceTime. Melissa and Jake were a wonderful team and took care of me 100%! They helped me prepare a delicious menu and make little tweaks to my liking. They also let me be me and not do all the traditional reception items. They understood I just wanted a nice party with good food and dancing and that's exactly what I got. I didn't even see the venue until the day before my reception, but everything was perfect and even better than all their great photos on their website and Facebook. My guests commented on the food and drinks. Some nosy relatives even asked me if the venue was very expensive because of how nice it looked! Jake, Michelle, and staff were great at the reception and made sure everything was going smoothly all night. They even helped plan a surprise with my sister, the matron of honor, who was unable to make it. It was wonderful! I would highly recommend BT!! And guests loved that the hotel was just across the street. The hotel, photographer, and dj were all preferred vendors of BT and worked perfectly together too. Made things much easier to plan from seattle! Thanks for a great night, BT!!

Recently Married

I really can not say enough good things about Belle Terrace. From the first time we visited until the actual wedding day, they really did go out of their way to accommodate us. They went above and beyond to make us happy. We had our wedding in the ballroom area and used the outside terrace for the ceremony. It was a perfect day and all of the guests raved. Not one bad remark. People loved the signature drinks belle terrace made and the appetizers were really amazing. We did have a few wedding coordinators, and there was a transition close to the wedding. I think we were concerned things would be "lost in the transition" but nothing was. Everything was in our file and easily taken care of. The day of Jake and the other staff were wonderful. We really lucked out with Belle Terrace.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole staff at Belle Terrace was great to work with. We booked them 1 year 1/2 out and were always on top of things throughout the entire 18 months.
We came from the Boston area and were flexible with meeting times and even had our rehearsal on a Saturday morning, on their busiest day.
During the actual wedding, the staff was on top of it and made sure that everything was as we wanted it to be. Jake and Christine were just the best!
The property was beautiful and really had a rustic feel which we were looking for in their Historic side. Lots of space to use from a cocktail area with a bar, rooms for the bridal party/groomsmen, dinning area and more...
We highly recommend Belle Terrace!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception in the historic Farmington wing of this venue, rather than in the more "traditional" ballroom side. We loved the historic character of all the spaces, antique furnishings, and exposed wood and brick; it was really perfect for us given our interests.
Christine was a joy to work with in the weeks leading up to our wedding, and she really took the time to answer all of my detailed questions. Jake was our on-the-day point person, and he was just a doll. He was on top of everything, calm, kind, and just wonderful.
The food was delicious! It went above and beyond what one might expect from a "catering hall" or from "generic wedding food." All of our guests were raving about the appetizers and the entrees.
I wish I could do my wedding all over again to spend more time at this place, with this staff, and eating this food!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Belle Terrace was the perfect location for our wedding reception - they offered everything we were looking for, and had absolutely perfect service. Elizabeth was amazing to work with - she was very responsive and accommodating. Jake did a fantastic job coordinating the day-of events - I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. My guests had a wonderful time, everyone commented on how good the food was, and how everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend holding your event here!

Andrea
03/01/2014

Our brunch wedding at Avon Belle Terrace was fabulous, thanks to Elizabeth and the entire staff. The event went smoothly and on time. Everyone of our guests had a great time. The venue is beautiful, the food delicious, and the helpfulness of the staff is to be commended. I would definitely have another important event at the Belle Terrace.

Susan
01/03/2014

Belle Terrace is a beautiful venue. We had our wedding in the old section of what used to be Avon Old Farms Inn. It's a beautiful 18th century building, which includes the Farmington Ballroom, a blacksmith's forgery, parlor, and the tavern (where cocktail hour is held). Our guests loved the venue, particularly its sense of history, and the food. We had dinner stations and chose the potsticker station in addition to the carving stations. Everyone raved about the food. Because we got married in January, which is wedding off-season, we were offered a great deal. We wanted to get married during the Christmas season (our wedding was right between New Year's and epiphany) and couldn't have picked a more beautiful venue. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous. The staff were always polite and helpful and made everything easy for us. (And if you have a wedding at Belle Terrace, chose Creative Cakes by Donna as your wedding cake option--her cake is amazing. We keep receiving compliments on it and it seemed that all our guests wanted to take pictures of it).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I cannot thank Belle Terrace enough for giving us the perfect wedding. It was more than we could have ever imagined. The venue is stunning, the food is amazing, the staff are absolute professionals. Working with Elizabeth during the planning process was so incredibly easy - she was always very responsive, helpful, and accommodating. Desmond, who was our event coordinator for the rehearsal and actual wedding day, was the BEST. He was everywhere - making sure the set up was perfect, assuring everything was running on time and smoothly. And everything did go just as planned and looked exactly as we hoped. Our guests raved about the venue and especially the food. This is not typical wedding food. It is above and beyond anything you ever see at a wedding or large reception. Again, we cannot thank Belle Terrace enough. Engaged couples out there, check them out! You will not be disappointed!!

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for the great review Erika! It was such an easy process working with you, even though it was mainly by email and phone! I'm so glad that you and Brady were happy with everything! I wish you both the best!!!

1+ year ago

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at Bella Terrace, wish we had the wedding there. Everything was perfect! Food was excellent, staff was incredibly accommodating. Beautiful venue, recommend the venue highly.

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure working with you! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future! Take care!

Rachel
10/13/2013

After having just been married at Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms, I can tell you that the venue absolutely lived up to our expectations and beyond. Everything was exceptionally clean from the moment we walked in, and the bridal suite was much nicer than we had remembered it being. It was all ready for us with champagne and other drinks so that we could enjoy getting ready. The staff were very attentive (Jake in particular was great!) and made sure that even as the bride and groom we had food and drinks at all times. The service was fabulous for our guests and they all mentioned how wonderful the venue was. The staff really made sure that every single detail was worked out and that nothing was left to chance. I wholeheartedly recommend this venue for a beautiful location, great food and excellent service. We are so so thrilled we found this place as we looked at a number of others in Hartford and were consistently disappointed by their ripped linens, dirty carpets, unattractive views or less than polite staff. Finding this venue made up for all of the troubles in the search!

Hello Rachel!

Thank you so much for your nice review! It was a pleasure working with you and your parents! I am so glad you were happy with your big day!!! I wish you all the best!!

Cindy
10/13/2013

Avon Belle Terrace did an EXCELLENT job for my daughter's wedding. The food was outstanding and the waitstaff very attentive. The room looked beautiful.

Hello Cindy!!

Thank you so much for the great review! You and your husband were such a joy to work with!

1+ year ago

The wedding was beautiful...Thank you so much to the Belle Terrace for making our event amazing and personalized. The venue is very cozy and the food was delicious!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms, was surely the ideal venue to host my wedding ceremony and reception. From the first vie sit, I knew it was the place I desired to bring my dream wedding to life. Throughout the months, days, hours, and seconds leading up to our big day, we never felt alone in the process of planning. Elizabeth remained in contact with Chris and myself, to ensure everything came together in an orderly fashion. Even in the stressful moments leading up to that week prior, when every bride feels their stomach cringe, Elizabeth made sure all aspects and details were finalized so on the day of, all we had to do was walk down the aisle and enjoy the experience!! Whether you have a pre-hired wedding planner or not, Belle Terrace will remain in support every step of the way. The correspondence was on point, and communication was nothing short of the best, with a professional tone at all times. Family, Friends, and Other vendors are still talking about the services rendered at our Fall wedding!! Food was absolutely amazing, and the picturesque elements were beyond gorgeous....Thanks so much for contributing to a long lasting, once in a lifetime event!!

Wedding Date: October 5, 2013

Brian
09/22/2013

Beth, Jake and the rest of the team at Belle Terrace were absolutely phenomenal. We walked away without a single, solitary complaint. Every request was met quickly and with courtesy and professionalism. The service was exceptional, and our guests raved about the food all night long.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Belle Terrace at Avon Old Farms responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your great review! It was such a pleasure working with you both!! You are a wedding planners dream!!! I wish you all the best!

Carol
08/17/2013

Belle terrace made my daughters wedding the most incredible day to remember. The food was delicious the tables were gorgeous. My florists flowers made the tables look beautiful. And let's not forget Jake that made everything happen. There was not any detail that he did not attend to . It was a magical night. Thank you everyone at Belle Terrace. Carol and Ray Macari

Hello Carol!

Thank you so much for the nice review! Everything was beautiful! I wish you and the new couple all the best!

Megan
08/10/2013

From the moment we took a tour of Belle Terrace to the day of our wedding, we loved everything about the venue. Elizabeth, Christine and the rest of the team were extremely professional, always very responsive, and made wedding planning so easy.

We had 200 people attend our wedding, and despite this being close to maximum capacity at Belle Terrace, everything was flawless. The food was absolutely phenomenal - our guests raved about the hand passed appetizers and their entrees, and surprisingly, there was never a line at the bar! We were so impressed with Jake, who managed everything the day of the wedding. He made us feel so at ease and was very professional and organized. Everything was set up perfectly right down to every detail.

Belle Terrace really exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day a dream come true!

Hello Megan!

Thank you so much for the AMAZING review! Even though ALL of our correspondence was through phone and email, planning with you was a piece of cake because of how organized you are! It was a true pleasure working with you! I wish you and your new husband all the best!