Bella Vista Bridal

• Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I just learned this operation is out of business. They sent letters asking waiting customers to follow their instructions to get their dresses and included black and white pictures of dead rats claiming they were found in their building and stated this is the reason they are shutting their business down.... well, that and their chapter 7 bankruptcy filing! They wrote that if their instructions are followed without drama then the process should go through without drama.
My question: If sending pictures of dead rats isn't drama then what is drama to these people? Their instructions direct the bride to fill out a little card stating they still want their dress and to mail the card to the PO box of their
"Resolution Representative" (them). Then make arrangements to pay off the balance so they can ship it on over when it is ready.... Ha, good one! I guess final inspection and the 2 free steam pressings are off the table? They must think their customers are as dumb as their dead rats!
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Unlike others, I actually found their prices to be right on par and very fair. They were very nice to me and my family while we were actually there and looking for a dress. Unfortunately, it took me about 2 weeks to get in touch with someone to setup that appointment. They didn't seem to have quite the selection I wanted but I found the perfect dress, on sale, nonetheless. Unfortunately, that was the end of the "fun times." Long story short, the fittings went horribly. It was impossible to be scheduled and once I was, no one seemed to know what was going on. Their seamstress, Ms. B, is an unbelievably sweet and wonderful woman...but she isn't the most skilled. If you have a regular gown that doesn't need to be taken in much or if you don't have many alterations to do then she might be fine. My dress is rather intricate and she truly was fitting it incorrectly. She even told us that the "bunching" at the front of the dress was normal. I've worn a lot of gowns during my pageant days and I can promise you that it is not normal. If you don't feel like going to far to find your dress then they certainly have the best selection in Columbia. That being said, if you ARE able to go out of town then do. They're great at first but useless after and even started calling me non-stop and badgering me about taking my bridesmaids and business elsewhere.
3.8/5.0

Private User 2 Reviews
I purchased my dress at the Bella Vista in Columbia, SC. They were very helpful. A little over priced. I recently heard that they went out of business and left a lot of people in the cold as far as money and dresses. Thankfully, i got my dress before they went out of business!
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5

Private User 6 Reviews
They were not friendly at all and all they tried to do was up sell you.

Private User 9 Reviews
Columbia, SC - They were extremely professional! I was so worried about staying inside a budget, especially at such a nice boutique. They only brought out the dresses in my price range. They worked hard to get the perfect dress for me and able to get it in on time! They made my wedding dress shopping an unforgettable experience.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Great service. The staff was extremely helpful in choosing my dress and my mom's dress. They were very nice and personable, making the process fun and stress free.
Wedding: 05/19/2013
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  2.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Love my dress it was absolutely beautiful but the owners here are CRAZY!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
NOTE: I went to the Bella Vista Bridal in Columbia, SC and not in Charleston, SC.

I found Bella Vista to be very helpful in the beginning stages of searching for my wedding gown. The staff (specifically the owner or at least I think she is the owner) was very talented and they really knew what looked good. They were able to help me see my vision come to life.

Prior to purchasing, I felt like I received the royal treatment; however, I didn't get the same warm feeling in the months after I purchased my dress, and they were no help to me when I returned to look at bridesmaids dresses. In the end, they met all of the deadlines and everything that I ordered came in exactly as I ordered it. Overall, I was very pleased with my purchase but I didn't leave with a warm fuzzy feeling. If you're looking for a vendor that knows their stuff and can help you create your vision then I would definitely recommend Bella Vista.
Wedding: 12/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding dress was beautiful. I am an hourglass shape and it was hard for me to find a dress that did not make me look fat. I wanted A line but also something that would pop per say. I was apprehensive after visiting two other shops that placed me in terrible dresses then tried to tell me that they looked great on me. Finally I went to Bella Vista who were able to pull dresses upon me explaining the look I wanted and found the perfect one within one hour. It came in exactly as it should (7 months) and the ladies even went out of their way to get my dress to me when it was still on the truck and I needed it. One of them drove out to meet the truck and bring my dress back. I was completely impressed with Bella Vista!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bella Vista had the most beautiful wedding dresses. I fell in love with my dress the moment I saw it and knew it was the one. All of the sale reps were very nice, professional, and helpful
Wedding: 03/24/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Kristen at Bella Vista was great to work with. It was exciting to find "the dress" and the bridesmaid dresses all at once. I was not comfortable with their alterations schedule - they had someone come in once a month from out of town to do fittings. I felt we needed someone local to allow us to have as many fittings as we needed, as well as a final one the week before the wedding. We were able to find someone in Charleston, who turned out to be perfect for our needs. Bella Vista followed through with their promises, although we ended up having to have bridesmaids dresses put on a rush order to allow for the holidays. We thought we had ordered soon enough to prevent this extra rush charge.
Wedding: 12/03/2011
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
This was the worst part of my wedding! They could not have been nicer when I was shopping, but it was downhill from that point. My gown was very late coming in and they blamed it on the designer, it was huge and required lot's of alterations, and when Iicked it up for my wedding it looked like it had never been steamed! I have also since my wedding discovered that I was misled about the true quality of the gown, I was told that it was silk and in fact it was not! I am writing this in hopes of saving other brides from the horrile experience I had.
Wedding: 11/19/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kristin and her staff are fabulous! I felt like I was at Klienfields the moment I walked into the door. The entire staff from the time I bought the dress, to the time I got fitted with the lovely and sweet Mrs. Bea, till I took it to go get married in, was special and magical.
Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Excellent team at Bella Vista. Very dedicated to the bride and catered to my needs. My dress was a great deal and got a discount on the bridesmaid dresses for purchasing my dress from them. From day one, everyone was exceptionally helpful.
Wedding: 11/06/2011
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved my wedding dress that I purchased here (actually, from the one in Columbia) and cannot have imagined a more perfect wedding dress. I was shopping under a deadline... engaged end of December, and getting married within the first week of July, so I knew I was in a crunch to find a wedding dress! I only had to pay a small rush fee as Bella Vista worked well with me on that.

My only problem with the service here, I realized a year too late. I am now working in a bridal boutique and realized a mistake they made that they should have compensated me for.

When I called early May to check in about my gown, they said it was all set to arrive on time (YAY!), but they had to order me in the size 4 (the size i tried on in the store... which was falling off my body) because ordering it in the size 2 would have cost about $50 extra. At the time, I was just excited to have my gown. However, it cost over $300 in alterations.

They should have called me to let ME make that decision, or comped me for the cost of alterations after changing my order without asking.
Wedding: 07/03/2011
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
Rating my dress purchase: Great. Very expensive dresses but very high quality. I splurged and got mine there on sale.

Rating my steaming of my dress: AWFUL! I got 2 complimentary steamings/presses with my purchase of my wedding dress. One I used for my bridal portrait just to test it out and make sure the pressing process was fine. Totally fine. I used the other steaming press for my wedding of course, got the dress the day before, and it was AWFUL. My dress had beautiful ruching and folds in it and they had literally steamed the folds inside out, to where the dress didn't even look how it was supposed to. The folds were gorgeous and made to tuck in the seams from sight, and there the seams were, plain as day. I was so upset, my bridesmaids persuaded me to take it back and demand a re-do. When I did, the staff at Bella Vista argued that it was just the fabric that gave it the wrinkles and it wasn't their fault. I said maybe the fabric did have that quality, but they definitely botched up the folds to be freakin inside out. In their defense, they did fix it and had it steamed properly, and I was happy with it on my wedding day. They just made it more stressful.

So would I recommend? Probably yes. I'm sure things like this happen everywhere you go, every once in a while. It was a beautiful dress.
Wedding: 01/08/2011