Alice G Patterson Photography

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice is very easy to work with. She was great for us because we live in the NY area but got married in the Los Angeles, CA area and she was able to do our engagement photos in NY and the wedding in LA without travel fees. The quality of the pictures are awesome and she was very flexible in accommodating certain shots we wanted. Overall great experience and I would definitely use her services again...Maybe when we have kids? :)
Wedding: 03/19/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the minute I started planning my wedding, finding a great photographer was a top priority.
I wanted pictures that would not only serve as memories, but that would be beautiful as well. What we found in Alice was that – and more. I never would have imagined that I could have had a professional photographer (who I hadn’t previously known) who would feel like a friend. From the engagement session in Boston to the wedding in the Finger Lakes, Alice and Beth were so friendly and fun. They got to know us and then captured things that we never would have known to even ask for! Until you’ve lived through a wedding you just can’t totally imagine how quickly it goes. Everyone tells you this and it is sooo true. With great photos, you get to see the things you missed … and you get to re-see and re-live the special moments. Alice is a total pro, so working with her after the wedding as she designed the wedding book was a pleasure as well. Now that our wedding book is almost done, I am thrilled … and also even a bit sad because our time with Alice is almost over.
Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The saying "What you see is what you'll get" is true in the best of ways with Alice G. Patterson. Just look at her website and her blog. What you think and feel after looking is how you will think and feel when she is your photographer. She is as good as the photos you see on her site. And she is as enthusiastic, supportive, friendly and nice as she sounds on her blog. Like all great photographers, she isn't inexpensive ... but it is so worth it. My daughter got married last October and I am SO GLAD she convinced me not to skimp on photography. Through the photos, the day lives on.
Wedding: 10/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice was beyond fantastic! She captured every moment of the wedding including all those little details that I poured over for months that as a bride, I didn't get a chance to enjoy during the wedding because of how fast everything goes. Its nice that months after (and for years to come) I can really savor those little details. Every one of the 800+ images we received were beautiful and looked like they came out of a magazine. It was extremely easy to work with her since she is so friendly and responsive (and fun...and enthusiastic). Even months after the wedding Alice still keeps in touch and I love to visit her blog to see what she is working on. I can not wait for the next milestone in our lives (maybe babies?) to have her there to photograph it!
Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We could not have been happier to have Alice and her sister as our engagement and wedding photographers. The very first time we met her and her wonderful pups, we felt completely at ease and comfortable being around her. She was professional and personable, clearly had an artistic eye, but an attentive ear for our requests, wants and needs. With every email, phone call or meeting, our relationship continued to build. Any question we had, her responses were quick and informative, which was such a relief especially as we were in separate states.

When it was time to schedule our engagement photos, despite having their entire extended family in town, Alice and her sister made time to shoot our engagement photos because that was when we could be up in NY. It was a wonderful experience, she made "prop" suggestions based on the info sheets my husband and I had filled out and we truly had two separate "themed" sets of photo that we LOVE, represent us and are so excited to share with friends and family. Every person who walks into our home sees a canvas collage of these photos and stops to stare and compliment them.

On our wedding day, Alice and Beth showed up ready to go. They made a house full of girls getting ready in chaos, seem calm and organized as seven of us got ready together. I love that she captured details; from our hair, shoes, makeup, when we didn't even realize it (but are so grateful for) and even managed to get a couple photos of our camera shy pup...VERY impressive :-) During and after the ceremony itself, we truly have stunning pictures of the church architecture but also, my husband and I are able to reconnect with our own emotions by watching ourselves be married, with the smiles of our family and friends looking on, sharing in our happiness. The same holds true even with the formal photos that parents of the bride and groom always find most important. Even though it can take awhile, Alice made sure to ask what we wanted, but combine it with her artistic view, and I don't think you can ask for more than that.

During the entire reception, Alice never missed a beat. From the cocktail hour, to the cake cutting and first dances and open dance floor parties, we truly feel we have a strong representation of each of our guests as well and memories to cherish.

Everyone always tells you your wedding can be such a blur, you can't believe it's over after all is said and done. With Alice Patterson Photography, our wedding day is brought back to life each time we look at our photos. Looking back, we could not appreciate more how she captured everything about the location we chose for our wedding (venue, time of year, time of day) as well as the family and friends that shared it with us. We have no regrets and can not say enough positive things about our wonderful photographer.

We love you Alice!!
Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice was a spectacular photographer. One of the essential services that she provides is really getting to know her bride and groom to be. She spent several hours with my husband and I getting to know our style and expectations for the wedding. The wedding pictures have been wonderful to review because she was not intrusive at all on our wedding day and yet captured everything we wanted and really added artistic expression and creativity ito so many of the portraits.
And the final results have shown that the wedding day was really just the beginning. She has been thorough in every detail of the editing, selection and professional insight for portrait development as well as the album design. Alice brought both fun and professionalism to our wedding day...we can't wait to invite her back for the next big event.
Wedding: 07/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so lucky to have found Alice, and I could not have asked for a better photographer. Her photos are beautiful with a great artistic quality. She is super sweet and genuinely cares about her clients and their special day. The photos came on time, and were gorgeous.

Thanks again Alice for recording our wedding day memories with your wonderful photographs!
Wedding: 11/22/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice helped capture all the little moments of our wedding, our family and friends, and the details that we focused on when planning the event (flowers, programs, etc.) She took great care in selecting highlights of the photos she took and putting them together in an album for us. We highly recommend her for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 11/15/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice Patterson Photography was like a dream come true. The photographers arrived on time, took the exact type of photographs that I had asked for (a soft matte), and promptly got our proofs and wedding pictures back to us. I have had friends with horror stories about how long it took their photographer to get them their pictures, one couple even had a baby and is still waiting. Thank god that was not my experience. Thank you Alice!
Wedding: 07/01/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife and I met with several photographers for our wedding and realized right away we were going to be happy with Alice. Her book spoke for itself. Her photos had a wonderful intelligence and sensitivity towards the spirit of her subjects. Alice has the rare ability to capture the universal within small intimate moments, without ever glamorizing or overstating them. Such a subtle, smart, warm and surprising artist; I can't speak more fondly of her. Then we realized, not only was she talented, she was simply a wonderful person to have around. She went above and beyond her agreement with us to ensure we were going to get a result we'd have for years and years to come. I'm particularly self-conscious around cameras and even considered not having a photographer, but I felt the opposite having Alice following us around. She loves her work and working with others. Her presence is natural and nonintrusive and, for both of us, she was a welcome part of our big day. Couldn't recommend her more.
Wedding: 07/21/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice is awesome! She captured our wedding beautifully and was amazing to work with. She has such a nice calm vibe, and made everyone feel at ease, and was not intrusive whatsoever. Even almost 5 years later we have some of the more artistic shots framed and hanging in our house. And after the birth of our first daughter, we asked Alice to come back and take some family shots - and now we need her to come back again, since having daughter number 2!
Wedding: 12/16/2006
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice is a Gem! She made our special day last forever. She was somehow able to photograph every guest and bring out their joy in such a candid way. She had an amazing ability to blend in at the right moment and then take charge with delightful ease when the wedding party and family needed to be gathered and arranged for group shots. We show off our album to all of our visitors and everyone agrees that the images she captured are timeless. We have since called on her several times to chronicle our growing family. Thanks Alice we love you!
Wedding: 06/16/2001