The Glazier Group

2.2
Flexibility
1.2
3.0

We got married at 24 Fifth Avenue: one of the several venues that Glazier manages. First the good: The food was OUTSTANDING. Several guests told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. The waiters, especially our bridal attendant and maitre d were beyond professional. They knew their job and they did it to perfection. Especially my bridal attendant, he went above and beyond...I liked him so much I hugged him as we were leaving! Now the bad: We had a terrible relationship with our catering manager, Brittani. She didn't show up to meetings. She was very adamant about what we COULD and COULD NOT do...but for no reason. She told us there was no place to plug an ipod in so we rented a sound system and then we found out there WAS a sound system. Luckily we found this out in time. At our tasting she only had one of the white wines available..a Canyon Ranch Chardonnay. It was incredibly sweet. I asked if there was a different white wine and she informed me that there was a Sauvgnon Blanc available but that it was "sweeter and that we wouldn't like it". My father works in the wine industry and owns a winery so he did some research and determined that the Sauvignon Blanc that Canyon Ranch makes is actually DRIER than their Chardonnay and quite delicious. I asked for both wines but several people told me the Sauvignon Blanc was delightful. I feel like a catering manager should be more informed about the specific wines that will be served. She also set up our ceremony wrong...resulting in a long process of my husband physically moving the chairs they way we wanted them. The worst thing was when she informed us a week before the event that it was standard for her to get a $300-$500 tip. I don't think any catering manager or event manager likes their job but it seems like there are enough people out of work that Glazier Group could find someone with a little more enthusiasm and attention to detail. Overview: All that being said...I would recommend 24 Fifth. It's a gorgeous venue, great location and the staff that work there (and not in the office) are exceptional. And the food really is wonderful.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
535 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017
The Glazier Group is a family-run full service catering and banquet organization. They have three venues in the Tri-State area: Bridgewaters, TwentyFourFifth and The Westminster Hotel, and they also own and operate a completely natural and organic off site catering company called Bridgewaters-to-Go.

Bridgewaters, located in the heart of th
e South Street Seaport boasts some of the best views in the city including the expanse of the Brooklyn Bridge, the New York harbor, and the Wall Street skyline. Bridgewaters is a full service catering venue that can hold up to 2,500 guests. Along with the catering facility, The Glazier Group runs Bridgewaters To-Go, an all natural off-site catering company devoted to serving Manhattan businesses and residents with the utmost devotion in providing a 100 percent green catering experience.

TwentyFourFifth is located in an elegant 1926 building in the residential area of Lower Fifth Avenue. This modern-day venue is located in the former Fifth Avenue Hotel. The ballroom, close to Washington Square, has the faded elegance of another era. With its turn-of-the century charm, TwentyFourFifth offers a full-service catering experience customized to fit the personality and elegance of the bride. This unique and private event space can accommodate up to 200 guests for a seated dinner and 400 guests for a cocktail reception.

Along with the reception venues, The Glazier Group also oversees the catering for The Westminster Hotel in Livingston, NJ. The ballroom is ideal for seated dinners and receptions from 8 to 800 guests.
Details