Photography by Marirosa

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

We absolutely loved working with Photography by Marirosa for our engagement and wedding photos! We met Marirosa at a friend's wedding (she was their photographer) and were so impressed with the photos from that wedding that we knew we had to book her when we got engaged. Our engagement session in DC was fun and efficient (it was unseasonably warm when we took the pictures last September), and we had the fully edited, beautiful pictures within a couple of days. We used two of the pictures for our save the dates and many guests commented on how great they looked. Marirosa stayed in touch during the whole wedding planning period and our couple of in-person meetings prior to the wedding were helpful in making us feel completely comfortable with what to expect on our wedding day. On the day of our wedding I was looking forward to seeing Marirosa - she has such a friendly, fun personality while remaining professional and getting down to business when needed. My parents - including my dad who is a good photographer himself - and wedding party all thought Marirosa was wonderful. We had all of our wedding photos from her within a week of the wedding and my now husband and I just keep saying "wow" when we look at the pictures. She really captured our day perfectly and we couldn't be more pleased. We can't wait to share the pictures with our family and friends. Marirosa is definitely a great value for what we paid - I would've paid her double for the quality pictures she took! And my husband and I both feel that we've made a friend in the process of getting to know and working with Marirosa. We've already recommended her to three couples we know who are getting married in the next year. Thank you so very much, Marirosa!

Photography by Marirosa responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words... I strive to focus on you guys on your day and through the entire process leading up to your wedding I've enjoyed every minute! you are more than clients to me... you are friends!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Reston , VA 20147
BLOG

Fun | Fresh | Contemporary

I believe real life is worth documenting and celebrating. Time moves faster than ever, few things ever slow us down allowing us to relive a moment like the power of a photograph.

Once all the dust has settled from your wedding day, the gifts are opened, the dress is tucked away in a closet, when everyday life returns, it's the photographs and images that allow you to be in that moment again, to remember the raw emotion, and relive it over and over, the smiles, laughter, love...

I believe I am real, that I bring all of myself into my images, I make a commitment to all the couples I work with to be part of their day, to have fun and to provide them with amazing imagery to remember those moments. It is an honor to photograph a wedding, to document the start of a new chapter in your story.

I am a mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter... I am a photographer, a storyteller, a lover of light, people, relationships and moments. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I believe in photographing real life, I am me, and I am a documentary wedding photographer.

Marirosa is fluent in both English and Spanish

+/- read less
Details
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Traditional
Services: 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow
Items: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
ENDORSEMENTS (14)
Marirosa has an eye for capturing the moment -- the emotion -- the feeling -- her work is amazing. Her creativity and personality make a winning combination for a bride looking to connect with their photographer, yet not lose those hidden moments that you didn't even know were occurring. Marirosa will capture them for you. Fantastic photographer!
PROS I KNOW (82)
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Photography by Marirosa is a wedding photographer from Ashburn, Virginia. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Maryland, DC, Virginia, and destination locations. Photography by Marirosa is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the DC wedding industry for 7 years. We specialize in telling your story through photography